Why was he such a dick?

Why was he such a dick?

He didn't need to kill Tyrell

Tyrell was a the head designer of the Nexus-6 project, which deliberately makes sapient creatures with terribly stunted lifespans

Imagine if you turned 18 and started dying, then your parents told you "we just didn't want to see you grow up or live your own life so we put a killswitch in you at birth lmao sorry"

I'd want revenge too

Candle that burns twice as bright etc

a worthless platitude that probably only made him angrier

Batty Boy

If you watch the really long making of doc they had zero idea what movie they were making, no one had a clue about the script or even what was going on. That's why there are a billion cuts with heavily altered scenes and an entire hour missing from all versions. Also explains why the movie is a small collection of scenes that drag on for no real reason, Ghost In The Shell 1 & 2 are simply better versions of this movie with far more intellectual fat to chew on.

Of course since most are retarded they will take that to mean I don't like it, I fucking love Blade Runner far more than you.

Are you talking about Dangerous Days? I have it but haven't watched it yet.

>meet your maker
>why did you create me?
>because i could. also you're gonna die soon, sorry

Pretty sure I'd gauge his eyes out too.

Doesn't really answer OP's question desu

Bigger question is why would he kill Sebastian.
He was fucking terrified of Roy and most likely wouldn't go to the authorities anyways.

He killed Sebastian?

user it's more like turning 18, then being diagnosed with a terminal illness thats going to kill you in 4 years, and then your told that you're not 18, and every single one of your memories belongs to someone else and you're not a real person after all.

I think it was pretty clear he was hateful or at least spiteful against humans for having the hubris to limit his lifespan while all enjoying a much longer one. He just doesn't like them in general, and Sebastian was a creepy fuck.

I don't think he killed him in the book though.

The difference is you're alive and these are just robots who think they're alive.

Why did he kill the asian dude by freezing him to death in the meat locker?

That was fucked up. "replicants have emotions too!" my fucking ass

Blade Runner is not kino. Movie was boring and pandering to the EAST audience hard especially those nasty adverts. Reminds me of Man of Steel.

also

>says to 10/10 hottie she's not real
>shatters her reality
>feels bad enough to rape her in that once scene

kek good shit Ridley you fucking hack

He didn't

A better question is why he killed Sebastian

Lucky for Deckard he developed a conscience in time to spare him but after he'd killed Tyrell kek

>The difference is you're alive and these are just robots who think they're alive.
I think therefore I am, checkmate hewmons

Perhaps, it would still fucking suck though. I certainly wouldn't be understanding towards the person who made me

>not killing your maker

u wot m8

don't see a huge difference

in the book ultimately the androids were completely devoid of empathy, completely inhuman, just pretty good simulations and infiltrators

the main character, being a human, felt empathy for the droids until it was clear they were not people at all

shame that the movie went the "robots are people too- humans are the REAL monster"

Something about this movie feels... empty to me.

Like the world they were trying to depict was so grand, they couldn't possibly show enough of it in only 2 hours.

So what was the moral of the book? All sociopaths should be gassed?

Massive difference between millions of years of evolution and creating something in 5 minutes. Would you say a sim character you made is alive and also deserves rights? No of course not you waste of a human life.

Dude, Ghost in The Shell 1&2, do it

>humans are the REAL monster
I didn't get that from the movie at all. I like that they were more sympathetic, and I think the main message, moreso than demonizing anyone, is the inevitability of death and using the time you have as best you can.

>Lucky for Deckard he developed a conscience in time to spare him
He spared Deckard because he was also a Replicant :^)

>anime

Trashman.jpg

How would he know this though?

as someone who has actually read the book i can say that it really shows
it's like they tried to make the movie based off of some 3rd party who read the book once a long time ago

>So what was the moral of the book?

It's basically projecting a deep fear of poverty (one that PKD lived through most of his life) and inability to provide fir his partner.

Androids are just a plot device.

all androids are sociopaths, they see empathy as something humans invented to see themselves as different to the androids and thus hates all of them

That's every PKD movie besides A Scanner Darkly, some people act like they really love PKD cause of Bladerunner and Total Recall, they don't know how depressing, dry and action free his writing is

>don't know how depressing, dry and action free his writing is

Yeah, i thought that's why people liked his stuff though. He's the FEELS master

i thought it's more about how we choose to live in poverty while masquerading as if everything is fine and not just a fear of poverty, considering all those people who refused to go to the mars colony

Most people don't read books

You are the dumbest on de Earf.

Nexus 6 Replicants are made without anuses. Deleted attempted rape scene with Roy on top shows it. Takes place shortly after he breaks his fingers iirc. That's also why we never see Deckard take a shit once during the entire movie

Awareness = life

>there are plebs itt who don't realize that Zhora's death is the real climax of the movie

Post yfw

Ha, nah. He's more an idea man and the execution leaves much to be desired.

not even remotely correct, you can programme something to be aware, doesn't mean it is.

Hell, I can believe it

If it's aware that it is alive and can reflect on that fact, it is indeed alive.

Why did Prometheus kill Weyland? What a dick!

Weyland literally did nothing wrong

This. Only, unlike you, I don't really like or care for the movie, except I appreciate it for the visuals and some truly stunning imagery. Some of the acting was stellar too. But everything surrounding it just screams mess, I mean it has like 6-7 fucking versions, ffs, it's insane and beyond repairing. When a movie has all these different "versions" lying around, it's like a chick with red hair, fish lips and tattoos - stay away from it.

For fuck sakes user, no that's not even remotely true.

I think the uneven writing makes it more personal and relateable.

"Three Stigmata" was a cathartic experience for me, same as reading "Do Androids Dream" after watching Blade Runner and appreciating his existential dread of poverty and being a no good loser.

I know this gets thrown around a lot, but the man was something else.

At least Tyrell got a kiss out of that.
What a way to go, man

Is the book any good? What is it btw

He's built from the ground up for combat, empathy for his enemies is hardly going to be something you want bred into something like that.

The only reason he spared Deckard was because he couldn't avert his death and wanted a legacy.

Well, considering along all of his philosophical ideas he was absolutely batshit insane due to his addiction, it's a great thing he turned out to be such a gem of a sci-fi writer. He could have easily went down the route of Frank "all I know to write about is female sexual urges and LSD" Herbert, but he always managed to keep it together somehow.

It was their mission to wipe out humans. But when Weyland's boys struck Rapace in the womb, then the Engineer realized they all needed to die. If they came there with gifts and bowed before him, he would probably be more lenient.

FUCKYOU! HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE GREATEST SCIENCE FICTION CREATOR THERE EVER WAS. YOU FUCKING SMALL MINDED PIECE OF SHIT! Don't you dare disrespect the most creative genius of any age. The man was a awesome writer, a veritable genius. Dick was great, but he wasn't Herbert. Show some respect you shit stain!

Shut up faggot

Wait, Blade Runner was about poverty? I get that the androids mostly served working class functions but I certainly didn't get the whole "poverty" vibe.

I thought it was more about the inevitability of life and questioning what gives an individual inherent value.

He's killing his father. The reason he gouges Tyrell's eyes out and kisses him at the same time is to reference Oedipus. There's also a Nietzschean killing God bit thrown in, which is called back to at the end of the film when he sticks a nail in his hand which is referencing Jesus, then he chucks a dove into the air for good measure.

This is why I prefer the "I want more life, Father," version.

By killing his Father / God, he rises above himself.

Excluding Dune, Herbert is a hack.

its not really worthless since it applies to tyrell himself, the whole film is an allegory for human existence afterall

>Are you talking about Dangerous Days? I have it but haven't watched it yet.
watch it. it is very interesting.

Whipping Star and the Dosadi Experiment are phenomenal, and you are an idiot

It's mentioned over the police scanners that there were 2 bodies, one of which I think was either named as JF Sebastian or implied heavily.

That's odd, given that Sebastian was thr only person who actually helped them.

Again, what a dick. Kind of ruins the whole 'I'm just as human as you!' shtick Ridley was going for.