This was good...

This was good, did a good job portraying the struggle of coal miners and the British working class being left behind by a society that doesn't seem to give a fuck about them.
Given how similar things are happening in America, does Hollywood have any films with similar subjects?

>youtube.com/watch?v=lKx3MUqzCcQ

Hollywood really should do films dealing with the struggle of people in the "flyover states" instead of just poor people in cities (usually minorities). People out in rural areas and the rust belt feel forgotten and left behind, movies that show this reality would raise awareness of their plight and make them not feel as forgotten anymore and would make them distrust Hollywood and the media less.

>society should care for me because I'm too lazy to travel to another town to get a job.

fuck off already.

Hollywood is about propaganda, and no one wants to propagate some boonies and sticks.

This attitude is why Trump won

Hell or High Water dealt with the lower class

Lol like all the people liberals protect?

Perhaps you should stop being such a pleb and broaden your horizons.

What do you mean by that? You're saying that everyone should just abandon their hometowns and go live in the cities?

its natural selection. if you live in an area that dies, you move on, or you die.

Are you not aware that politicians just pander to the same poor, uneducated idiots?

That the only real difference between a rust belt republican and a ghetto democrat is literally a Kenny Chesney song and which ethnic group they don't trust?

Probably not.

Free market. Why do you want to strangle industry?

You some kinda libtard or something?

So like most urban areas that are dead where people still live.

I think the biggest difference is the crime rather than the income stream.

I mean:

There are plenty of films about the "flyover states".

Stop being a pleb and go and watch them

I always wondered, why is it that in Britain the working class is very left-wing and loathes Margaret Thatcher, while in America the working class is very right-leaning and admires Reagan and Trump?

Nice false-flag kid.

Hillary detected.

If you can't get a job there and you want one, yeah.

Why is it the government's job to protect your specific way of life and nobody else's?

Could at the very least feel some sympathy for these people and their plight instead of just insulting them and calling them losers?
Again, it's because of this attitude that they feel left behind and somebody like Trump can swoop in and make them feel better.

Easier said than done when you have a family and all of your friends and connections are in the town you live in. Moving is also expensive, especially if you're unemployed.

Coal just isn't profitable anymore, it's the reality we live in.

because in america we have something called the american dream and what that means is that poor people listen to rich republicans who make them believe that they, the poor people, can be rich, too, if they elect the rich republicans