10 Cloverfield Lane

Is there a connection between this and Cloverfield ? I mean something solid not just 'hey, they both have aliens'

I guess.

it nearly ruined the movie for me, the ending. it was cool as its own thing but made the previous 90 minutes seem like it didn't matter as much

I think there's some fake companies in both movies, like Slusho. Nothing solid except the last ten minutes, which ruined a great movie.

theres a connection between mah dik and dat ass lmao

ma nigga

I agree. The movie was perfect without those. The only great thing about the end was the end shot where she decides to stop running away.

I think I would have preferred the alternate ending where the aliens are downplayed and the bad guy doesn't seem as bad. Ohe well.

Also, I remember the first Cloverfield having a kickass viral campaign on MySpace. This movie didn't have shit.

Besides Slusho!, the only thing is that John Goodman used to work at Bold Futura, which is related to the satellite that we see falling in the sky at the end of Cloverfield

>saw in theater with my brother and dad
>all really liked it
>on the way out, my dad: 'So there's gonna be a sequel, right?'
>'What'
>'She was going to go help the people, there has to be a sequel!'
>'It ends on that, that's the point'
>'But the storys not over!'

When did you find out your parents were plebs?

Why didn't you go see it with your friends? Don't you have any? Does coming to Sup Forums and pretending to be cool help you cope with the fact that your Daddy has to take you to the movies?

Stuff I do with my friends ends up posted on Sup Forums. Sorry you never got to have a relationship with your father :^(

>Women Ruin Everything: The Movie

I liked it.

>he's ashamed of his parents
I go to the movies with my mom every couple of months, sorry for you buddy

>projecting this hard

>he's not going to movies with his qt mommy
I pity you

They needed brand recognition to convince execs to sign off on the movie, so they tagged "Cloverfield" into the title.

This is one of many great movies ruined by the last ten minutes or so. AI, Source Code, Castaway, etc. all had a perfect ending then got fucked by meddling. In this case it should have been her seeing the ship right in the distance and having that "aw fuck" moment. That was fucking perfect. The next few scenes ruined the whole fucking thing and likely doubled its budget.

What the hell was wrong with Castaways ending?

Should have ended with him looking over all that freshly prepared sea food and gas lighters and shit. It didn't need a shoe-horned love story just so Spielberg can jerk out a happy ending for a character he likes. That had nothing to do with Castaway's themes. Cut away the start and the end of Castaway and you basically have a perfect movie.

You're pretty wrong.

Nah, I'm not.

>day 2 of being locked in an underground bunker with two strange men
>she starts making physical contact

Should have kidnapped more women, desu

she only did to piss goodman off

It's a double twist with a twist on top.
I can't hate the movie for actually pulling this shit off.

IMO it worked as the story pictured was a small, contained story of a chick that, while being on a curve of her own life, has to deal with others' bulshit and find her place in the great scheme of things that is an alien invasion. Would it be any different if it was the ruskies attacking USA all when she was held captive by some slimy pedo creep (John Goodman, you were so good in this role!)?
I don't really think so.
But what do I know.

the ARG behind both films is the only thing that connects them. TAGRUATO and so forth