Daily reminder that Ben Kenobi vs Darth Maul 1 (one) year before A New Hope is now canon thanks to Rebels

Daily reminder that Ben Kenobi vs Darth Maul 1 (one) year before A New Hope is now canon thanks to Rebels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nJ-B7xTAyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, and? What exactly is the problem here?

How is it canon? I thought Maul died in Phantom Menace?

He was a bad friend.

How does that ruin anything?

He was brought back in The Clone Wars, which is considered canon by Disney and Lucas. Lucas had a direct hand in the cartoon as well.

The Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons are considered canon in the new Disney continuity.

I imagine "canon" in the same way Agents of Shield is canon to the movies, in that the movies pretend that they don't exist and have no influence whatsoever.

ANH gave the impression that Ben had been living as a hermit on Tatooine pretty consistently. The locals all knew of him. When he's onstage he's pretty clearly not been fighting for a while.

The retarded cartoons revived him and gave him robot legs.

He's been alive in canon long before the Disney shit. Lucas gave the okay for him to have bionic legs and shit.

>in that the movies pretend that they don't exist
Marvel's situation is a bit different in that the tv shows and movies are overseen by different people, who don't necessarily like working together. Disney has a story group keeping canon consistent between the movies and tv shows, and does its best to include easter eggs to the shows. Rogue One had a few to Rebels.

Was the fight as slow and plodding as OB-1 vs Vader?

is rebels any good? I enjoyed the clone wars but rebels looked like it was made more for kids.

No. Old Ben does a few flips, but it's not crazy like Maul.

NEWSFLASH: NO ONE GIVES A FEE FI FO FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THIS DOGSHIT FRANCHISE OUTSIDE THE CORE MOVIES.
THIS IS CHRIS CHAN LEVEL AUTISM AND YOU NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS STUPID BULLSHIT! RAWR!

If you don't watch the rest of it, watch the season 2 finale. It's a good send off for The Clone Wars and features Vader vs. Ahsoka.

I think you might be too stupid to understand what canon means

Sure, whatever you say, fanboy. Nothing I said was false.

Star Wars is for children so it's okay to be silly and have pandering crap. Stop watching movies and tv shows for children.

Remember when the canon for the formation of the Alliance was due to Vader's apprentice infiltrating the initial core group of Alliance leaders at the Emperor's command, so he could capture them to be executed? Remember when he had a change of heart and decided to let them escape to continue their work?

Remember when there was at least some fucking nuance and logic behind the formation of the Alliance, before it was retconned to replace it with Teen Multikultural Tumblr Squad?

Keep believing that. Saw Gerrera came straight out of the Clone Wars and is currently appearing in Rebels voiced by Whitaker.

Except Maul never calls him Obi-Wan. He calls him Kenobi. Which is part of Ben's name.

youtube.com/watch?v=3nJ-B7xTAyo

Yes, very nuanced.