Is it possible for a zombie movie to be kino? (pic unrelated but may or may not be kino)

Is it possible for a zombie movie to be kino? (pic unrelated but may or may not be kino)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ly7Laj8Yp6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

Also this flick should have been live action with train to plebistan being the cartoon

OG Night of the Living Dead is rightly considered a classic.

OG Dawn is also rightly considered a classic.

That's about it. That's the sum total of good zombie movies. Even Romero would quickly turn to shit after making one more ok zombie flick.

>"We don't help each other, we don't care for the rest of the people!"
>Character tries to help someone
>Dies
>Happens several times

What was this movie trying to say? That we should adopt a hobo even if we know he is gonna rape our daughter and stab us during the night?

Return of the Living Dead

Day of the dead the original is kino

Works for Sweden and Germany.

Modern zombies are now triathletes that hiss and yell.

>tfw there will never be slow lumbering moaning zombies that are just actual reanimated corpses like in Resident Evil.

The old zombies were scary, these modern ones are just silly

I recently read about this weird bollywood zombie movie where the entire film is about the main character having an existential crisis about him turning into a zombie. As far as I know it doesnt have any of the normal tropes of a zombie movie in it, that might be a fun watch just for the change of pace? It shouldnt be very hard to find, there are literally only 3 bollywood zombie movies.

the only things I liked about this were the old man she was following and watching korean mannerisms animated (I'm Korean). all 3 of the characters were pretty lame and uninteresting. the first time you see the bf reminder see me of Sup Forums.

The zombies in train to busan were pretty scary

28 days later

Slow zombies are meme monster. They're slow, retarded, and not that strong. I can't buy any slow zombie apocalypse because any random character has a kill count by the dozens.

How's middle school treating you kiddo?

this

nothing comes close...maybe Saun of the Dead

>28 ___ later
>Zombies

>I can't buy any slow zombie apocalypse because any random character has a kill count by the dozens.

>I can take down a 250 pound 6'2'' zombie and another dozen like it that don't experience pain or fear by myself because they're slow.

He has some non zombie movies that are kino though

I miss reanimated corpse voodoo zombies that come from the earth, tired of this "zombie virus" apocalypse shit.

All monsters are treated like some kind of virus or contagious shit in modern series and movies, like they want to explain vampires or werewolve's biology. They're fucking magic monsters, god damnit.

For fuck's sake Bub, just say hello to your aunt Alicia.

As far as zombie movies go, I always find comedies more entertaining.
The serious ones are slow, boring, and makes you think what the fuck is the point?
Comedies throw you in the zombies and aren't afraid to kill anyone, while keeping serious themes.
My top three.

Dawn of the Dead remake
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

I've watched a shit ton of zombie movies and the super serious "IM ACTING" movies are shit.

I also like my zombies to be slow and subtle. They feel like an ever growing threat.

I'd like to know what it is

Yeah, there's no mystery, would be cool to have something like "the Serpent and the Rainbow" made today. Like some folks dealing with a tribe that makes zombies in the middle of the amazon forest or something.

Yeah, but it's poo people

I am a hero and fido are petty good. The high jumping zombie in hero is pure Kino

I don't get this Bullshit excuse, shilled by Romero. "Slower zombies are scarier because you think it's a loved but then it's not" does not apply anymore. Maybe when Romero first did NotD and DotD it applied but now everybody knows what a zombie looks like. Modern zombies on the other hand are fast, meaning less reaction time for the survivors and quicker deaths, avoiding death is alway the focus of a person trying to survive.

Not that guy but let's be realistic, forget about guns, if real zombies existed and they were slow anyone would just walk around swinging a blade of some kind or using spears to stab then in the eye, you could even damage a leg and force them to crawl

>I don't get this Bullshit excuse, shilled by Romero. "Slower zombies are scarier because you think it's a loved but then it's not" does not apply anymore.

I'm assuming you mean alive. It's not really hard to tell, cause I haven't seen a slow Zombie movie where they actually walk like normal humans.

Yes. Pontypool.

for Romero at least, every single dead human would re-animate, and they would attack in massive swarms so that's where the danger was.

That's fair, until you have dozens of them surrounding you.

Slow zombies are all about build up, that's why ADD audiences can't handle them.

loved this one, its both triumphant and terrifying when the zombie he'd been training manages to shoot a gun.

If we're going by the whole
>destroy their brain to kill them
schtick, flow zombies are fairly boring.
Now if it were alot harder to kill them, it would be very fucking scary.

well if an outbreak is just starting people won't know what is going on and they just look like sick people, once you get that critical mass infected then its all over

Romero shows this in dawn of the dead with the police trying to crack down on "rioters" and other things only to be overwhelmed as zombies take over crowded apartment blocks and ghettos of the cities.
everyone is just confused about what is going on, and every dead body no matter how they died will re-animate, not to mention people are unwilling to just let go of their loved ones when they just seem "sick" but still alive.

only good fast zombie movie was 28 Days Later, and even there the biggest threat arguably where the other humans.

fucking this

>OG Dawn is also rightly considered a classic.
the remake is better though

fite me irl

I will never get over just how well Romero persuaded the viewer to cheer on a zombie.
Fucking masterful.

You're not a ninja, user. Your blade would most likely not even pierce the skin of a zed. And even if it did it would just get stuck there and you'd be in a very very bad position. And since zeddies don't feel pain or fear they wouldn't give a fuck and try to eat you once your blade got stuck on their chest and you're at arms reach.

Your best bet would be a blunt weapon maybe to knock them down off their feet and you can get away.

Tbh that one dude did nothing wrong

Right, they always have their head slumped or something, this is why I roll my eyes anytime Romero shills that excuse. Also I find it hard to believe nobody In their respective movieverse had seen a zombie movie, even when every modern movie is portrayed in the time it is made. Are you saying zombie movies don't exist in these movies? Was Romero never born in these movies? Look I like romero, he started it all and i give him credit for that and respect but like the first telephone, it has been improved upon.

>zack snyder's garbage fire is better than romero kino
You have to go back.

Dawn 2004 DVD extra newsreel prequel is the purest of zombiekino

youtu.be/ly7Laj8Yp6w

Look, cock suckers, slow zombies are easy as fuck to deal with as long as you're not retarded. Look at shit like TWD with the most basic ones, whenever they are surrounded they take a lot of them out with handguns, and I should believe something like the army could be overran by them? For fuck fuvk sake, if you're able to jog you are 100% safe. IRL slow zombies transmitted via bite would be dealth with immediately.

You have to get tricky to make them actually dangerous, but even the scenario you posed isn't unmanageble.
Return of the living dead made them right.

>are you saying zombie movies don't exist in these movies
Yes. What's so unbelievable about that?

I agree with Romero, it's characters aren't as interesting.

Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
28 Days Later

That's it

>no zombi 2
wew

>Taking zombie killing tips from fucking TWD

This kid is legitimately retarded.

I imagined some scrawny user trying to take on a 6'4'' 250 pound zombie by himself with a knife like in the walking dead.

You would tire yourself before you even kill the first one, IF you kill it at all.

Something tells me you'd be the first one to go in a zombie apocalypse user.

Inb4 navy seal pasta

>Are you saying zombie movies don't exist in these movies? Was Romero never born in these movies?
Yes.

As every zombie movie is set in OUR universe, I find it very unbelievable. I can give a pass to anything pre-Romero but anything after bring my suspension of belief to a screeching halt.

This.

Fast zombies miss the point entirely.

>every post-romero zombie movie takes place in our universe
Where did you come up with that?

Pontypool was shit, though.

>28 Days Later

Not zombies.

>Are you saying zombie movies don't exist in these movies?

This is exactly what most zombie fiction claims.

>arguing over something that doesn't even exist in the real world, but somehow must be bound by rules
How about you two go back to /mlp/?

fuck off reddit

Hit too close to home?

This movie, even if the beginnin is kinda slow. Peter Jackson did not wait for LOTR to make kino movies.

Zombies are better when there's multiple types. All fast zombies is stupid, all slow zombies is stupid in that most movies handle it as follows:
>characters are exploring new area
>surprise single zombie out of nowhere
>entire group's reflexes are slower than the zombie's
>potentially half the group gets wiped out
>later on they find shelter and are cornered by dozens of zombies, or need to rescue someone cornered
>zombies now will barely pose any threat, maybe 1 character gets taken out
it's much better when the characters can take out the normal zombies except in large numbers, but shit like mutated or maybe animal zombies are lethal.

The only Zombie media that I can call good are Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, the last one is straining it quite a bit. Night of the Dead is too clishee even if it invented it all.

Names please

Oh Senpai thank you for posting this.

I needed to watch something tonight.

kino man

>I would totally be able to kill the reanimated corpses of my friends and family.
>lol they're slow so you just have to run, says the unnathletic loser on Sup Forums

No, it was very good.

Fast zombies are okay for flicks. But zombiekino should have slow zombies. And at no point should any character be grabbed and eaten by a straggler zombie nobody heard in an otherwise completely silent hallway.

>Names please

Martin is the one that comes to mind, it's about a kid who thinks he's a vampire (or is) gotta watch the movie to find out. The Crazies is alright, although the remake wasn't bad either. I remember seeing Bruiser as a kid, and it freaked me out, but I can't speak for the quality.

The Dark Half is a great adaptation, but obviously only if you appreciate the source material

>if you're able to jog you are 100% safe.
Can you jog forever? because zombies don't get tired.

>clishee
Is that supposed to be Cliché?

Look where you are, man.

>Can you waddle forever?

fix'd

>not that strong
Zombies have retard strength since they don't have the limiter in their brain like we do that keeps us from pulling muscles and shit.

This.
Zombies, when done well, represent a psychological horror. It's a slow build up of being overwhelmed. Running low on resources and morale as they just keep coming. Autists screaming about how a zombie isn't scary are missing the point entirely.

Probably. He's probably underaged too.

Best post ITT.

(reposting a post from a couple days ago) Dawn of the Dead, I think it's underrated as psychological horror, it's not just the violent gore stuff that makes it work. It's all the quiet character-focused scenes without zombies that affect me the most, they have the same oppressive and weird qualities as Bergman dramas like Shame. They know they can't escape, the world is covered with this sickness, the characters are crippled with a sense of guilt and emptiness, which keeps building up throughout the film.

>Shame

Underrated Bergman. And yes, I completely agree with you

desu in good zombie-kino barely any of the main cast will die directly from the zombies except the dickweed character who for some reason gets stuck somewhere and brutally killed, and/or the main hero who sacrifices himself while being eaten alive.

I love the scenes where they're trying to enjoy themselves a little bit but it seems so hollow and you can feel that sense of dread just in the background

Considering the speed of zombies all you need is fast walking.
Not an argument, fag.

>all zombies are chads

Besides, you don't even need to kill them, avoid them is easy af.

What is this from?

>Considering the speed of zombies all you need is fast walking.
Forever

Just go to a shelter. And if we want to go full autism I doubt a rotting corpse can have the same strenght of a living ma. All you really have to avoid is being surrounded.

Filename, faggot

Shaun of the Dead.

>Go to shelter
>Zombies start surrounding
>run out of resources
>Need to leave
>Can't because you are surrounded.

If you don't plan you deserve to be eaten.

honestly that jumper guy being treated like the final boss kinda ruined the movie for me

So you have you zombie plan right now?

>he doesn't have a zombie plan

>some countries in this very moment do actually have one
>he hasn't

Wew lad

Maybe not every one but damn near everyone I've seen. Even original Dawn of the dead was a political statement of the time.

Slow zombies are spookier because they are a delayed threat. They are always there and if you let your guard down for two minutes they'll wreck you because they never stop chasing you, even if it's slowly.

Modern zombies are like any other animal or monster. There's nothing, and suddenly there's a bad dude jumping towards you. That's not scary, it's not real terror.

>Slow zombies are spookier because they are a delayed threat.
That's what made It follows so good before it shat the bed

>you're not a real fan like me 2.0