Is it a good show?

Is it a good show?

season 1 maybe

Not anymore no. Dexter 2.0

It is falling. Season 1 felt like they were trying to push the barrier as much as possible on sex and stuff. Then it got toned down a hair.

It became Girl Power Hour somewhere in Season 5.

>Blood!
>Sugar!
>Sex!
>Maegic!

It had potential at the start but anyone slightly interesting dies. Apparently there's a couple of cool characters from the books that aren't going to get added so it's pretty much all down hill from season 1.

No.

Just read the books and wait till the fat bastard finish writing the last books.

Dropped at Season 4. Season 3 was the last good season.

Yes

Season 1-4 - Great

Season 5,6, and 7 when I assume it comes out - tumblr fanwank

Read the books, avoid the show

S6 retroactively ruined the show

first couple of seasons were good then it went down hill but the last season to air was excellent again

My nephews think it has too much sex. wtf.

>Implying that'll ever happen
If he doesn't finish it, it will forever be perfect in his mind

>last season to air was excellent again

No

Decent to good up to the red wedding
Fanfiction-tier for the most part afterwards, pretty funny if you've read the books because it's just so wrong
Tywin best character

First three seasons are good and over all very watchable. Slows down in season 4, you'll start to notice cracks, and season 5 was a mess.

I liked it, the second half of the season at least. Although I haven't read beyond book 3 so maybe it doesn't stand up but I did enjoy it

Seasons 1-4 are genuinely good (4 has some bad moments. 5 and 6 suck except for the battle sequences which is 1 episode per season, and the first half of the last episode of season 6 is good. Season 7 sounds like complete and utter garbage from the confirmed plot leaks.

how many good men does it take to make a good show?

Yes. Watch it without reading too many opinions here and form your own opinions. I'd say this about most popular shows.

>Is it a good show?
it's popular, user, so what do you think?

also, FYI, the books turn to shit after 3rd too

wrong

>affc
>adwd
>not shit

A Feast for Brienne kinda sucked but ADWD was pretty good. Story progresses quite a bit

im watching GoT currently
currently im at the end of season 5
almost caught up to date

imo:
S3>S4>S1>S2>S5

season 3 seemed to be like the peak of what the show is all about

Basically, first four seasons are good but decline in quality as they depart from the source material, so by season 4 there are noticeable problems. Seasons 5 and 6 are basically fanfic, as they inject more feminism and SJW themes, and the show has now gone to shit.

Power puff girls?

what happened to him?

how do you go from being one of the most renowned warrior in the land who just became king
to being a literal cuck who cant even run the most basic aspects of the realm properly

was it neds fault for essentially abandoning his best friend as soon as the war was over?
was it lyanas fault for fucking rhaegar targaryen?

I've never been to /lit/, so I have no idea if this a popular opinion or not, but...

AFFC+ADWD (it's kinda one book, right?) was complete horsecock. Insanely bloated with new POV characters, the story is almost completely halted due to
> Scene happens
> Same scene described from another POV
> THAT SAME SCENE HAPPENS AGAIN
> FROM ANOTHER POV
fuck this shit.

It has insane page count and the story doesn't move at all.

Books 1-3 had characters traversing continents OFFSCREEN, inbetween chapters.

>lyanas fault for fucking rhaegar targaryen?
Since it killed her

Robert was a warrior, not a leader. He never should have taken the crown. After Lyana died, he just didn't give a fuck anymore. He got bored, lazy and fat.

Grrm wrote himself into a corner after the third one
He initially wanted to do a timeskip, but then trashed that idea, while still retaining some aspects, which didn't work out very well
He also doesn't seem to have a worthwhile editor of any kind, the pacing is all over the place

He was good at smashing things dead with his giant fuckoff hammer, not being a king
Luckily he had his Hand to rule, but then LF fucked it all up

Check'd but why does everyone hate book Brienne?
Show Brienne is an annoying, perfect cunt (Jaime somehow falls for her even though they had barely half the interaction they had in the books, and she somehow killed the Hound even though he can stand up to the Mountain unharmed) but book Brienne is one of the most flawed, imperfect characters in the series.
Nobody loves her, every time theres a major fight she gets even more disfigured, her immense strength and fighting talent is offset by her being stupid and brutish, and her "honor" beats out even Ned Stark for being stupid and unthinking.

yeah I kinda semi-remember that
should've just went with the timeskip route

On top of being a better soldier than leader, his entire motivation for even fighting the war died while Ned and his pals fought the Dayne squad.
He took the crown, but didn't manage to achieve the reason he started fighting in the first place, and Ned, even though he'd forgiven Robert for their brief feud, didn't help matters by fucking off the first chance he got.
Then Balon Grayjoy, that dumb cunt, decided he was a true viking and forced Robert to start exercising his iron fist, and shit went down from there.

I don't hate book brienne, she just was a boring POV in AFFC and has alot of chapters.

Show brienne can die in a fire screaming, though

I do agree with that. Some were good and fleshed her out well, but a lot did feel like useless filler.
All that shit with Podrick could have been dropped and no one would have noticed.

Just read the books he plagiarized the overarching conflict from. Better characters, story progression and tone without resorting to swearing and sex to tittilate small minds.

ok thanks, starting it now.

well written characters die
pieces of shit like khalessi live
you can watch season 1-3 and drop it

kek

high fantasy is so fucking lame.

Takes about three to four seasons to get good.

it takes itself way too serious and ends up being pure memetic magic. watch it for the lulz.