Mexican '''Food'''

Mexican '''Food'''

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v5NraVd0JNQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest_of_Honduras
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_de_Alvarado#Conquest_of_Soconusco_and_Guatemala
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernán_Cortés#Appointment_to_governorship_of_Mexico_and_internal_dissensions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you put that in quotes? Mexican food in general and tacos specifically are delicious. What game are you playing at, nigga? Whom are you trying to piss off?

You fucked up you dumb fucker, delete your thread and try it again this way:

>Mexican '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''cuisine''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I think you mean norwegian

>Veggie tacos
California was a mistake

Veggie tacos can be good if the veggies are roasted and there's some spice involved. But yeah that pic looks like an abortion.

More like """"""""""""""""""""mexican"""""""""""""""""""" cuisine, you faggot

See, OP? That's how you fish for (You)s

Mexican food is in the top 5

Iranian>Turkish>Mexican>Indian>Japanese

MMMMMMMMMMMMM yummy, traditional, centuries-old
mexican """"""""""""""""comida"""""""""

Looks delicious mate
Lokks shite

Let me give you another (you) you cunt

ay caramba

dont bully we are poor we have to eat what we can

There's nothing wrong with grasshoppers, worms nor ant larvae

Do Mexicans really make hot chips out of bugs or did my mom troll me when I was 5 so I wouldn't eat them

I like them, better than honduran """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""tacos"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

If you came back you could have the originals you know?

That's a pretty great list tbqh. You have patrician taste. I'd probably drop Indian and replace it with French or German, but if I expanded the list to ten it would totally be in there.

That's because you didn't see the rotten corn "huitlacoche" or whatever, and the rat meat

I'm really fond of India's desserts. They have so much variety and most of them are very tasty

The only insect "we" eat that genuinely disgusts me are the mosquito eggs (not to be confused with the ant eggs, those are cool). I mean fuck, mosquitos need to be genocided, disgusting fucking creatures.

Google tells me that your pic is from China.
As far as I'm aware, only Colombians, Ecuadorians and Peruvians eat those hamster/rat looking things.

We're the state with the most authentic tacos, fool. That shit is probably from some Seattle or NYC restaurant.

This shit is amazing.

I found this in taringa, the post is called "el lado oscuro de la cocina mexicana" or something like that... Too lazy to check the link

Cuitlacoche is a delicacy as for tyhe rat meat only people in starving conditions do that, it's not traditional any more than it is in Europe (yes, you'll find some recipees for that, just google for France) meaning just a few usually hipster gourmet circles.

>come back
what?

Nah, we don't eat rats, armadillos maybe. We do eat the corn fungus, tho (only in Central Mexico I believe). It's fucking delicious.

They have improve tacos.

In what state do people eat mosquito eggs? How can you even eat those?
Become our 32nd state or else

Huitlacuache>>>portobello>>>>>>champiñones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>setas

I don't know in which state, desu, but I think it's called "ahuautle". I found it while searching Mexican food for my food folder (currently with 365 pics) and it's derivative collages.

annex us pls

Can confirm that 99% of Mexican food in Seattle is absolute dogshit. We have a lot of great food here but there are a few things that are very conspicuously absent and this is one.

youtube.com/watch?v=v5NraVd0JNQ
yes, it gets cooked in Mexico, stop talking like you're authorities on our culture when you don't fucking know better.

How different are Hondurans from Mexicans?

Never heard of it before desu. And trust me, I've searched. Pic is outdated.

I own several recipe books and have family who work as chefs, so I didn't just search on the internet.

What does this question actually mean?

Also I don't know the answer, but Salvadoran food is good. I'd imagine those two are probably similar.

Honduran """""""""""""""""tacos""""""""""""""""" are fried and rolled like a flute with meat inside, and a lot of sauce outside.

Most of them are pretty shitty tb.h

>Honduran """""""""""""""""tacos""""""""""""""""" are fried and rolled like a flute with meat inside
Is this like a Mexican flauta? And as a follow-up question, is a Flauta actually even Mexican, or is that only Tex-Mex?

How culturally different are you from us? Do you look different too?
We have those, too, they are called flautas or tacos dorados. Are you the Muslim Honduran btw?

I don't really know the origin of flautas, but I doubt they aren't from here. Flautas and tacos dorados are eaten everywhere in here.

They have the largest black community in central America outside of Belize and are probably the Central Americans more hostile towards us and the least alike, their obsession with football borders on religious fanaticism (they're big Argieboos) and their national dish is a kind of egg burrito they call a baleada.

Some are bro tier but in general they're like the opposite of Cubans, they're also, I'm sorry to say, some of the ugliest people in the world, think a country full of blacked Oaxacos.

>colombians
uhmm no sweetie ecuatoriANOs eat the hamster like one and in the city near ecuador (pasto) they do it too because of inmigration of ecuatoriANOs.

I guess they're basically the same shit, the ones over here just have an excessive amount of sauce and other things on top.

>Are you the Muslim Honduran btw?
I was just meeming around. What are the chances of an ibadi muslim being in Honduras? There's only one mosque in the entire country, and I'm pretty sure it's sunni.

Insects are usually eaten by people out of the cities and hipsters, the rest who eats insects do it because they are nice snacks and not the main food. Also, our cuisine is usually cleaner than other latin american countries, and even so, latin american cuisine is way cleaner than other countries, like India.

Eating insects goes through a selection process and you can trust the majority of sellers.

I've never heard or seen of somebody eating a rat, even though there are some you can eat if you raise them, but there's no point because chicken is cheap and easy to obtain. I think everyone here would rather eat snake or frog instead of rats.

Flautas specifically, and tacos dorados in general are Mexican in origin. Keep in mind most central Americans (except for Panamanians and some Costa Ricans) were a part of New Spain, Honduras was conquered by Aztecs marching under Cortés.

>. Also, our cuisine is usually cleaner than other latin american countries,
> gets a diarrhea from eating streetfood
BRRRAAPPP

tacos aren't mexican they're arab food based on Kebab venders. This country has no original culture even food

t. country with literally no culture or identity

Not really, tacos are based on an ancient Norse recipe brought to Mexico by Vikings. Erik the Red was quetzalcoatl.

t. knower

>I was just meeming around.
You were very rude to me once. Kys. Don't want you anymore.
t. Leb

Fuck off, only pastor originated in Lebanese migrants, tacos are pre-columbine in origin.

>Huitlacuache
Can any of you tell me what this is like? I've seen it eaten on food shows on TV, and I've read about it, but I have no idea where to find a restaurant that serves it here. Mushrooms in general are god tier as fuck in my book so I would definitely be hopeful about huitlacoche but it seems like some people don't care for it at all.

>Honduras was conquered by Aztecs
no

>t. Butthurt colombian

Wrong, tacos are Norwegian.

t. perro de los gringos

Thinking about it, it really does look similar to kebab

"In 1523, Hernán Cortés organised two expeditions towards Central America from Mexico, one by land and the other by sea. He commissioned the first to Pedro de Alvarado and the second to Cristóbal de Olid. Alvarado initiated the conquest of Guatemala,[28] and then set out on an expedition into Honduras.[64] Olid began the conquest of Honduras' interior,[28] arriving in 1524,[62] but soon set himself up independently of Cortés.[28]"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest_of_Honduras

Oh yes

Yes. You were MEXICA'd. Deal with it.

It has a very distinctive flavour, not very strong
I don't know where you could get it
If you live in one of our (WE) colonies in LOS you could ask the Mexican immigrants

He is right, though, as someone who works in the health care sector and had to sit through semesters of microbiology, never mind see people with diseases, you really wouldn't want to know the kind of parasites and bacteria you eat on the streets of Latin America (but we are by far not the worse in the region, according to the WHO """official""" data).

Pastor does because it got started as a sort of revenge by Lebanese Christians on Turks, ours is made with pork. There's tacos arabes (tacos on pita bread) on most Mexico city taquerias from this early 20th century period, they're a thing distinct from tacos in either maize or wheat flour tortillas tho.

Nowhere in that article does it state that Honduras was conquered by Aztecs.

I'm in Seattle. Mexican food here mostly sucks. It's a tragedy. I used to live in Birmingham, Alabama, which surprisingly enough had some excellent Mexican food, buy I never saw huitlacoche there.

>tacos arabes (tacos on pita bread)
Shit, I don't see why not desu. Seems like it would work well.

I want to be able to go to mexico and try those.

Is that a radish?

"Cortés despatched Pedro de Alvarado to invade Guatemala with 180 cavalry, 300 infantry, crossbows, muskets, 4 cannons, large amounts of ammunition and gunpowder, and thousands of allied Mexican warriors."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_de_Alvarado#Conquest_of_Soconusco_and_Guatemala

"From 1524 to 1526, Cortés headed an expedition to Honduras where he defeated Cristóbal de Olid, who had claimed Honduras as his own under the influence of the Governor of Cuba Diego Velázquez."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernán_Cortés#Appointment_to_governorship_of_Mexico_and_internal_dissensions

Cortés killed Cuauhtemoc during this expedition after torturing him burning his feet. This is mostly the reason the Honduras expedition is remembered in Mexico

Looks like it to me, familia.

It does, they're pretty awesome but you have to look for a taqueria that actually is well known for their tacos arabes as most will just use frozen supermarket pitas which are not that good. Still, tacos are king, nothing beats a good taco de gaonera.

But it wasn't conquered by aztecs. Those were Spaniards with some native allies.

I wasn't sure, I've never seen a radish in real life.

I once read that your corn farmers get rid of the fungus by throwing it to the trash lel

How is this possible

It was thousands of Aztecs marching with a few hundred Spaniards. That's what I wrote "Aztecs marching under Cortés" or if you want to look at it another way Aztecs + Spaniards = Mexicans. You were a part of the Capitania general de Guatemala which was in turned governed from Mexico City in New Spain.

Explain radishes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radish

>being mostly eaten raw as a crunchy salad vegetable

We eat it in pozole

What did you just call me?

Pleb. Slice it thin, add it on top of some lettuce, rucula, spinach, add basic vinagreta and you have the perfect side for a steak. Dear God I feel so fucking sorry for Mexicunts having these orks as neighbours

its not common here either. i only see it at hipster salad places

Of course, but you initially made it seem like aztecs came over here before the spaniards even arrived.

Potable water and dying from natural causes is considered hipster in your cunt congo, go post on /trash/ where you belong

Thanks bro, you have no idea

>calls person pleb
>eats radishes
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's not a big deal man, Mexicans also discovered and conquered the Philipnes. The two first viceryships in the New World were both built were Spaniards found empires with an infrastructure and population already established they could use, those were Mexico and Peru.

>Calls himself a person
>Burger flag

omg rude
*goes out to get some mcdonalds*

Peru did not exist. Gentle reminder

no no no
Mediterranean>Indian>mexican>southern comfort>japanese

>Mexicans also discovered and conquered the Philipnes.
wtf are you talking about?

> amerifats itt amazed at seeing a fucking radish
wtf lmao

You got bamboozled, when we make stuff out of bugs we actually advertise it as being bugs.

I've never seen people eating fucking rats in mexico. Even the insect shit is pretty rare.

Neither did Mexico, it was the Aztec Empire which later became the kingdom of Mexico. But the Viceroyship of Peru, and I might be wrong here I'm not as much of an expert on your region of the world, did make use of the Incan road system, bridges, food stores (I believe they had a way of naturally freeze drying potatoes) etc. so my understanding is it was largely the basis for that viceroyship.

Again I could be wrong.

>they have the largest black community

Yeah nvm we don't need them.