C*ltics

>c*ltics
youtube.com/watch?v=BNFfDirBE6w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TkbadvaMuXo
youtube.com/watch?v=rfQmEIIkMFc
youtube.com/watch?v=msRy4vcSX4k
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/new-genetic-map-of-britain-shows-successive-waves-of-immigration-going-back-10000-years-10117361.html
nature.com/articles/ncomms10408
biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135962
youtube.com/watch?v=vBKBI7DOLHA
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Anglo-Saxon_Race/Chapter_8
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5500864/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=TkbadvaMuXo

my ancestors :)

I have a celtic last name but an anglo first name

epona means horse right

t. Will Murphy

No, it's a Gaulish goddess

But she's related to horses, indeed

Is Celt really just short for Cucklet?

This language sounds like Arabic.

>Scots, welsh and Irish speak English
>Bretons speak French
>Galacians speak Spanish

Yes,yes it is

>being chased to the edge of the continent
what went so miserably wrong?

Haircuts are very ungaulish though, they should go for the lime-treated dreadlocks look like the dying Gaul pic related.

This one is also in reconstructed Gaulish:
youtube.com/watch?v=rfQmEIIkMFc

>what went so miserably wrong?
Rome and Germanics

Your country was named after a celtic tribe that Cesar saw swim the English channel as auxiliaries . Odd bit of trivia I know.

>tfw gaul with a Greco-Roman culture named after a germanic people

yea, this song is nice

youtube.com/watch?v=msRy4vcSX4k

why couldnt they fight them
i mean they used to control almost whole europe
and now they dont control anything tb h native speakers are all confined to the westernmost shores of europe

brits unironically invaded France

Their "homeland" is now called "Brittany"

Not one Celtic tribe, there were a bunch of them, together they were called the Belgae ("those who swell (with anger)"). They used to have land in southern England too.

The peoples on the Atlantic fringe are probably unrelated to "continental Celts".

Primitive tactics literally caveman tier. They may have introduced Spain to falcata, Rome to Chainmail and the gladius but they were idiots who honoured single combat on the battlefield against against legions. Then when the Germanicd came in, they got overwhelmed and pushed to the coast. Except for in UK and France.

It's just the language m8, modern French are still mostly descended from Gauls, just that Gauls adopted the Roman language.

By the time of the fall of Rome, Gaulish was only spoken mostly on the countryside, and when all the inhabitants of the cities dispersed over the countryside with the Germanic plunderers passing, by the 6th century Gaulish language became pretty much extinct.

but they did that to escape the saxons if i remember correctly
>Except for in UK
they got their shit pushed by germanics there as well
>just that Gauls adopted the Roman language.
well thats sad considering how they even tried to break off from roman empire forming gallic empire that consisted of france and england

>saxons

Theories suggess other celtic tribes

What really makes me angry is that they claim "Brittany'' is theirs and they dare claim independence.

Yes, that was the work of Carausius the Menapian, my ancestor :) It only lasted a couple of years though.

Wtf I hate Britain now!

he raised the revolt after the empire ended
the empire itself lasted 14 years
until aurelian crushed it and brought it back in the fold

Yes and no. Anglo Jutes and Saxons were the only sizeble and noticble migration the UK ever really had, Romans and normans never really mingled with the population and fucked them. However Britain and England still mostly comprises the same people who were bythronic celts.

You're taking about the Gallic Empire of Postumus the Batavian (which is modern day southern NL btw). I was talking about the second attempt 13 years later, when Carausius the Menapian declared himself emperor in Britain and northern Gaul (Imperium Britanniarum). That lasted 7 years. Late 3rd century.

>However Britain and England still mostly comprises the same people who were bythronic celts.
yeah nah genetic studies showed that england is pretty much germanic
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/new-genetic-map-of-britain-shows-successive-waves-of-immigration-going-back-10000-years-10117361.html
what a mess it was,that 3d century

Too lazy to look up links right now but the only sizable Anglo-saxon settlement detectable in England is in Kent and most of England is Bythronic celts not germanics.

nature.com/articles/ncomms10408

>we estimate that on average the contemporary East English population derives 38% of its ancestry from Anglo-Saxon migrations.

>We find that samples from Kent show a similar Anglo-Saxon component of 37% when compared against Finnish and Spanish outgroups, with a lower value for samples from Cornwall

Kek, sissy French boys absolutely bullied by big strong Britons

>the eternal briton trying to outsmart the way-too-kind gaul

Perfidious.

Yeah you said it east English, kent and the surrounding area. Like Canterbury has Anglo saxon ruins and stuff.

Britons came to Brittany way before the anglo saxon invasion

The majority of England is still Brythonic Celt. People of Germanic descent are a minority even in the most concentrated areas (Kent, Essex, etc.).

We know that the overwhelming majority of British people descend from a population that crossed the Doggerland over eight thousand years ago, at the end of the last Ice Age. This is heavily supported by the most in-depth genetic profile performed on Britain, that shows markers from France, Belgium and the Netherlands: what one would expect from the last common point of departure.
There is very little evidence that a Celtic language was ever spoken east of the Pennines. (Note that this does not necessarily preclude a Celtic culture).

So?

It only makes them even more perfidious

>tfw no Doggerland

Sad!

>It only makes them even more perfidious
kek you're literally the same people minus a sizeable germanic population in the east part

Don't say that to the eternal briton, he thinks he's different.

Ahem

>British Neolithic farmers were genetically similar to contemporary populations in continental Europe and in particular to Neolithic Iberians, suggesting that a portion of the farmer ancestry in Britain came from the Mediterranean rather than the Danubian route of farming expansion.

Interdasting...

>Beginning with the Beaker period, and continuing through the Bronze Age, all British individuals harboured high proportions of Steppe ancestry and were genetically closely related to Beaker-associated individuals from the Lower Rhine area. We use these observations to show that the spread of the Beaker Complex to Britain was mediated by migration from the continent that replaced >90% of Britain's Neolithic gene pool within a few hundred years, continuing the process that brought Steppe ancestry into central and northern Europe 400 years earlier.

Woah...

biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135962

Nice mustache long hair combo

So brits are meds? Idk what you're saying?

They wuz Iberians but then the Germans who were raped by Ukrainians came and raped them.

Isn't science great?

In the event that this were true I believe it supports my argument rather than the contrary. It would buttress the divide across the Pennines that I mentioned and it would still predate the emergence of the first Celtic language by a considerable period.

So they wuz Spics raped by krauts raped by Slavs?

>got defeated, humiliated, surrendered and got executed

And they say we're not gauls...!

(F, btw)

Sure if you change Doggerland to Portugal and eight thousand years to six thousand and overwhelming majority to a miniscular portion, then you're right.

I'm not sure what Pennines have to do with anything. Brits everywhere are descended from Central European Beaker folk.

hey, what wuz we, user?

Here's Ambiorix.

>wales speak more welsh than ireland speaks irish

*martyred as a celtic patriot

I've heard something about French being Franks from Pannonia, not sure though.

Fun fact: ancient Gaulish was actually closer to Roman Latin then it is to modern Celtic languages.

Hence if the Romans wanted to tell each other something private in the presence of Gauls, they spoke Greek.

It seems like some of us are actually 'Alans'

I also think some french people might be related to Sarmatian people...

based gauls outsmarting the romans

(until romans outsmart them, of course)

youtube.com/watch?v=vBKBI7DOLHA

There're more native Welsh speakers than all native speakers of the other Celtic languages combined.

Yes there were a shitload of Sarmatian and Alan settlements in France, given to them in exchange for military aid.

this is why no one takes celts seriously

who were the visigoths and vandals? Not celts?

Why it's cool?

And they dont even try to be independent or MUH CELTIC HERITAGE like the Scotts or the Irish

Because they didn't resist and took the BIG ANGLO COCK as cucks

>speaking your native language is cuck

Idk, why aren't you speaking Libyan?

清唱

What the fuck is Libyan? Do you mean Libyan Arabic? Berber? Italian?

You're the expert

No, Germanics. Visigoths and Ostrogoths originally came from Gotland, an island in the Baltic Sea. Due to population they decided that 1/3th of the population had to leave (decided by fate), these settled in modern Poland and Ukraine for about 4 centuries, from where the migrated westwards in the days of the Huns and Great Migrations.

Vandals came from central Europe, they were mixed Germanic and proto-Slavic genetically, had a Germanic culture and language.

This post really does prove that anglo "canadians" are just Americans in denial.

Sorry Sven, I guess I'm ignorant, teach me how to differentiate between North Africans, Sven.

I like it because they use reconstructed Gaulish, done in cooperation with academics. So it's cool to hear spoken Gaulish for once.

The Pennines are relevant because there is essentially no linguistic evidence that a Celtic language was ever spoken by people to the east of them. The dividing line is surprisingly clear, and I think probably very ancient. For instance, the name of Thanet (once an island) on the far eastern tip of Kent is typically ascribed to a Brythonic etymology -- however there is absolutely no proof given and its name in Old Welsh is in fact Ruoihin (so most likely an exonym). Chatham, also in Kent, is given a spurious Brythonic etymology, again with no evidence, despite its obvious cognates with Cotham, Coatham (from "cotum", meaning cottages), Chadwell, Chidham and many others.
The modern assumption is that a Brythonic language was spoken east to west, north to south in what is now currently England, that this was tied intimately with the culture, and I argue that this is wholly flawed.

Celts wuz barbarians, knights, empires, pirates, cowboys and more. Cool history.

So Vandal were germanic slavs?

It's not about Celts.

The arrival of Celtic languages in the pre-Roman Iron Age was not a population replacement unlike the Beaker invasion 2000 years earlier.

Maybe Celtic language spread through elite dominance like English in Ireland, I don't fucking know.

Your Beaker people most likely spoke some archaic Indo-European language which lives on as a substrate in Goidelic/Brythonic languages.

What does this mean who were beakers?

Olalde 2017 shows them to be a mixture of steppe people(Indo-European) and local farmers in Central and Eastern Europe.

Although the actual Beaker vessels originate in Spain, there was no or minimal genetic exchange between them and the Central European Beakers.

Explain this to me like I was drunk or 5 years old. They were chink-europeans from Iberia?

Just think of them as Irish-like people and you're good.

F*nn

>Chatham

I would guess a settlement of the Chatti here. Analoguous to Cuxham (settlement of Chauci - see also Cuxhaven). Kotham, and on this side of the Channel Kattenberg are also referring to the Chatti, just like Katwijk, the main city of the Betuwe in NL (Betuwe -> Batavi and Batavi were Chatti, hence Katwijk).

There are many such examples. Along with the Anglo-Saxons came a shitload of other smaller Germanic tribes from the same region.

In Sardinia only Vandals and Alans settled next to the Romans. Vandals on the northern part, Alans in the south. From analysis of foreign haplomemes there they could conclude that Vandals were about half R1b-U106 and R1a-M458, the letter is primary a West-Slavic subclade.

In the south they found R1a from the Caucasus so that corresponds with the Alans.

Ahem

>The Fins have left the name by which they were called by the Frisians, Saxons, and other Germans, in some Fin place-names in England, which are mentioned in Anglo-Saxon charters and other early records. Whether these places were so called after individual settlers called by the tribal name or after a community, the significance is the same. They have also left their own name, by which they were known to the Goths, Norse, and Danes who spoke the Old Northern language—the name Cwæn—in a number of English place-names which have a similar significance, but with this difference: where we find a place mentioned apparently as the abode of a Fin or Fins we may look for Saxon or German neighbours, and where Cwæn or Quen occurs as an equivalent, we may look for neighbours who were Scandians.

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Anglo-Saxon_Race/Chapter_8

Yeah I don't know what that means

-ham names are obviously Germanic, it means home (german 'heim') and we have a shitload of them, same for NL and Germany.

Basically they took DNA samples from Sardinians in several regions. THey analysed them and found that part of them were of a type that is not native to the island of Sardinia.

In the north the foreign DNA came from a mixture of Northwest-Germanic people and West-Slavic people. As no-one has ever been in Sardinia except the Romans and the Vandals, these can only come from the Vandals, who lived in what is now East-Germany and Western Poland

Interesting

Sardinia is oversampled to hell and over compared to just about every place on Earth.

You can find anything you want there(except N).

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5500864/

Still there's 100 times less R1a DNA on the island than there is in an average Swedish anus after a session in a Stockholm Sauna.

I'm very skeptical about your ideas.

Francolucci et al 2013

Not my idea but his ^^

And there is R1a-Z93 from the Caucasus in the south. We're not talking about trace amounts.

at least he tried

I think we are talking about amounts smaller than a trace.

Yes, I think this derivation is far from improbable. In fact there are many etymologies that map convincingly onto Belgian place names and geographical analogues. For instance, the Thames has an unpersuasive Brythonic explanation (and it proved so difficult that it was proposed as non-Indo European for a time), but it matches to a town called Temse along the River Schledt, possibly cognate to rivers like the Ems or the Amstel. Similarly there is some dispute about the origin of Dover for complex phonological reasons, but in Bruges there is a Dijver with similar geographic features. It's my own belief that a Belgic language of some sort is the strongest candidate and that it was spoken much further across Britain than is conventionally believed.