Holy shit, this album is incredible

im only a few songs in, but this is great. is there anything else like this? like really weird, really out-there, experimental shoegaze?

Um idk, but I agree. This is a very good album that I don't see talked about enough

thought this was bait with a cover that awful but holy shit this is actually great

yeah, the cover can be a huge turn off. i'd bet 20 bucks that if LtE had cover art to better fit the album, they'd be a huge cult classic.

This. I mean I get that it's a parody and all but it honestly did them no favors.

I don't understand why this album isn't bigger since it was produced by the guys from the Cocteau Twins

The original master of the album didn't sound very good.

i bought the remixed version earlier tonight, and i listened to the original versions of the songs. remixed version blows it out of the water. everything sounds clear and crisp (especially the drums), the old one just sounds muddy and noisy, in the unintentional sort of way

pleb, original master is superior

i didnt even know there were drums when i heard the original master

one of my favorite albums OP. quality stuff. not much out there like it. im sure you know about godspeed you! black emperor, they have moments that remind me of LtE. Im sure there's stuff out there (hell my band did some droney shoegazey stuff that could be compared, but way worse) but yeah i'd like to know as well

sounds like your problem

check out xiu xiu if you haven't. experimental shoegaze is a good descriptor

:)

>i'd bet 20 bucks that if LtE had cover art to better fit the album,
The one from the boxset is much better

xiu xiu sounds nothing like lift to experiencd you dummie

yeah, i've checked out xiu xiu in the past. they sound fine, but they're a lot more punkier compared to these guys. LtE actually remind me a lot more of spirutalized if anything; it's probably because of the christian vibes and the dense, layered sound

you know, seeing both of them together, i kind of like em both in their own way. i like updated art because of how minimal and fitting it is, but i like the original just because of how over the top, unique and unfitting it is, if that makes any sense. that being said, if they had the newer cover back then, they would have sold more.

josh t pearson is so fucking underrated, check out this album

yeah, I plan on checking that out soon. that's his folk album, right?

it's country

did someone say experimental shoegaze?

name another country artist like it, if it's country. i can name 5+ folk artists