Is Spotify worth paying for?

For now I'm just using foobar and pirating, but I was thinking of switching to Spotify. The only reason I'm considering switching is for convenience's sake. With my current system I have to download every album I just want to listen to once (and may not even like), and then I have to manually transfer it over to my phone's storage via usb if I want to listen on the go. I could cut all that fuss out with Spotify, but is it worth the subscription fee?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/64609608/#64612860
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its 5 bucks a month if you're in school
tho honestly i prefer apple music. since spotify has this retarded song limit.

get a free month trial and see if you like it. I personally prefer tidal

>but is it worth the subscription fee?
I think so, yeah.
There might be an album or two missing but overall a very good sized library.

Definitely. I didn't really abandon my downloaded collection, I just use Spotify as a means to listen to new music and choose what I'll download.

There are tons of music in there, even stuff you wouldn't expect (like supremely obscure artists with less than 100 listeners a month that you won't even find on Sup Forums) as well as practically all the classics (except King Crimson, Fripp is very autistic about this streaming stuff).

It's also cheap where I live. Happy with my choice.

rbt.asia/g/thread/64609608/#64612860

I wouldn't pay unless I needed the ability to download and listen offline, but I do so I do.

I reckon it's worth it just for the convenience, obviously audio quality isn't as good as listening to FLAC files but if that's not something that bothers you I think it's great

i use spotify and i think the price is justified for the convenience. it helps if you have limited storage on, say, mobile devices but want to listen to music when you're out and about. i listen to my downloaded music library at home mostly but use spotify when i'm out driving or studying. i don't listen to my discover weekly playlist often but it can be pretty good at helping you find new music related to what you already like

I've been paying for it for a few years now and I find it really convenient. I hadn't been exposed to much music outside of the music I grew up on and it's recommendations system is great for referring you to relatively similar music. Once you get to really niche genres it'll either refer you to similarly niche music (it does with with darkwave a lot for me) or just the big names (mostly metal/rock for me)

Be wary of the offline functioning, though. I've had a few HTCs that were fine, but recently I've owned samsung and sony devices and several times the app 'forgets' it has tracks stored, but doesn't tell you.

at home I often do listen to music I downloaded or own physically though. the stream quality might say 'high' but it's maybe 320kbs if you're lucky, it's not like it suddenly starts streaming FLAC or anything

I love Spotify so much that I subscribe to a family plan. I don't have any family, but knowing I have 6 accounts makes me feel like a boss.

what song limit are you talking about

You can *only* have 10000 songs in your library.

You can use airdroid to transfer the files to your phone, no need for usb.

>use web player + uBlock and stuff to block ads
>???
>have fun!

don't believe the spotifyshills cucks

>10000
>Not enough
It would take forever to get through 10000 songs anyway.

>Saying “cuck” without irony
You have nothing of value to say.

Exactly. I don't get why everyone makes such a big deal about it. Like maybe try not saving every shitty album to your library.

It's probably worth if you want to listen to your music on phone while being away from home without downloading tracks and draining your mobile data usage.

Is Amazon Music the worst streaming service?

It's got a lot of stuff. I got one of those ecobee smart thermostats with Alexa built in and I've been thinking of getting Amazon Music. Prime members get 2 million songs free, but it's nothing I wanna hear.