Ok computer is overrated

In rainbows is vastly superior

Discuss

One hundred percent agreed, for the time OK Computer was godtier, but classics need to stand the test of time and it now sounds like a basic album

Thread over at OPs post. Nothing to add but 'I agree' at this point.

In rainbows is great and the flow is immaculate (the best flow of any radiohead album imo), but it still doesnt beat okc for me. okc was just so ahead of its time and its breathtakingly futuristic production is something I still have yet to find in music since. So ima give the edge to okc, although in rainbows is a close second.

It sounds basic because everyone and their dog imitated the fuck out of it. Same reason Seinfeld isn't funny.

In Redditbows is the overrated one that appeals to fans of Vampire Weekend and The Shins.

Coming from someone who considers it a 9/10.

In Rainbows is their most overrated album

They're too different to be pitted against eachother. Learn that not everything can be judged in "better than/worse than" terms.

I understand that, but other albums have had the same thing happen and they still sound original

why does everyone hate bodysnatchers
i thought it was one of the better tracks desu

>Redditbows
You have nothing of value to say.

sorry guys OP here I meant to say Kid A is vastly superior

OK Computer still sounds original.
>why does everyone hate bodysnatchers
Who's this everyone you speak of? Because personally it's the first time I've been exposed to the idea.

t. reddit

>t. reddit
You have nothing of value to say.

To me, they're both tied for the best Radiohead albums. Some days I prefer one over the other but they still sound as fresh as ever. In the grand scheme of things, OKC might have a slight edge because of how off the wall it was at the time.

Did you try that new szechuan sauce at McDonald's yet?

>lol NO ARGUMETN!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, I meant Kid A is more overrated than ok computer

Oops messed up again, I wanted to say Kid A is by far the best Radiohead album while the others are underwhelming in comparison

>lol NO ARGUMETN!!!!!!!!!1
Correct. You don't have any.

>Did you try that new szechuan sauce at McDonald's yet?
Nice thinly veiled 'soy' meme. Really helping your credibility here.

in rainbows is the most accessible in their discog

i dont acknowledge the existence of bends or pablo

The Bends is way better than In Rainbows.

I love In Rainbows but this is straight up bullshit.

how?

king of limbs >>>>>> amnesiac = kid a >>>>>>>>>>>> ok >>> moon shaped pool >>>> the other crap

Both are better in different ways. For me, they're both a 9. It all comes down to preference.

oops wrong again, I meant to say radiohead is overrated trash

>TKOL first
What did he mean by this?

>Same reason Seinfeld isn't funny
Agree that's it's been imitated to death but shits still great.

>TKOL
>Anywhere but the bottom of the ranks
Imagine having this shit of musical tastes

>The otherworldly spaciness of Planet Telex
>The Brit-pop to trip-hop groove of the title track
>The perfect harmony and melodicism of High & Dry
>Fake Plastic Trees being a total classic of ballad that bring tears to my eyes
>That crunchy guitar in Bones
>Nice Dreams being the possibly the prettiest song on the album then goes into this epic electric guitar solo
>Just being one of their sexiest and sleek rock songs
>My Iron Lung basically paving the way for Paranoid Android with it's quiet to loud dynamic and atmosphere
>Bullet Proof, a nice quiet ballad
>Black Star anthemic and catchy
>Sulk, very great singing from Thom
>Street Spirit is a classic of melon collie and despair and still the greatest closing track on a Radiohead LP

OK Computer and Kid A are the only albums that are arguably better than The Bends, anyone who disagrees is a contrarian plebeian who wants to be a special snowflake for disagreeing with the popular consensus

Top three are OBJECTIVE album rankings, rest are subjective.

1. OK Computer
2. Kid A
3. The Bends
4. In Rainbows
5. Hail to the Thief
6. A Moon Shaped Pool
7. Amnesiac
8. The King of Limbs
9. Pablo Honey

>OBJECTIVE
Fuck off.

> Objective, popular consensus
> The bends above in rainbows, hail to the thief above both a moon shaped pool and amnesiac
Literally fuck outta here with that bullshit

>Objective
>Not putting Kid A on top
You should take a lesson from Kid A and figure out how to disappear completely from this board

You fuck off mates. You're special snowflake syndrome won't change the fact that The Bends is superior to 95% of their catalog, take some real advice and Fade Out.

The Bends, OK Computer, and Kid A are the objective top three, where you place them is subjective.

Two buzzwords (Snowflake, Objective) and still 0 credibility. Impressive.

By the way The Bends is my 2nd favorite RH album but saying 'objectively' on any post RH or otherwise is sad.

Calling a word a buzzword is a buzzword and a strawman argument.

Wewlad.gif

Then my argument would be 'saying something is objective doesn't make it objective and if you didn't include that your post would have been tolerable'

>Inb4 "I'm a different guy"
Yeah bullshit.

>The Bends is way better than In Rainbows
In what universe?

I get that you're referencing the "Seinfeld isn't funny" trope but it still is. I haven't heard these imitators and still think they're basic.

>ripoff Jeff Buckley
>ripoff The Smiths
>ripoff Pixies
>ripoff other vastly superior artist

Be specific about what songs you're talking about so I can make fun of your willingness to jump to false equivalencies in an attempt to appear cultured and well-learned.

1. In Rainbows
2. The Bends
3. OK Computer
4. Moon Shaped Pool
5. Amnesiac
6. Kid A
7. Pablo Honey
8. TKOL
9. all thom solo projects
10000. HTTT (shite)

heh
:|