youtube.com/watch?v=uFRwS5mY1eM
youtube.com/watch?v=p7gYipg-LNM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mj8YaTO6i0E
youtube.com/watch?v=YLnsLspQcWg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrrl8aPZz9g
rateyourmusic.com/~HotOpinions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White power, my brother.

Sons of Satan claim they're not an NS band, although the lyrics are quite the contrary. It's entirely possible they no longer feel that way and were simply being edgy, but in any case, the songs speak for themselves.

Really grooving to Moon Ray's groovy melodies right now.

Haven't heard any of those

+1 on Solid Space.

Can't say I've heard of any of yours, either.

I've already mentioned Sons of Satan ITT.

Raggio di Luna (aka: Moon Ray) is an Italo-Disco artist who famously made the song "Comanchero" which hit the European charts:
youtube.com/watch?v=n_pLleIU41A
youtube.com/watch?v=hFMLJnWMnUs

Elendil was a weird Alt-Rock/Ska band associated with Rock Identitaire Francais, a French right-wing Rock movement that stressed French identity and opposed globalization, Americanism and the European Union.

Perhaps I don't run in the same circles as most kids these days, but I can't say I'm familiar with any of these bands, either.

Here's how I ended February.

Do you generally like Huey Lewis & The News?
Check'd

It's a kitschy song, but I gotta admit it's catchy and fun given the occasion. It's not something I'd listen to monthly, but I wouldn't shut it off if it was on.

And yes, the song is now inseparably tied with Patrick Bateman.

Sorry friends don't recognize any of your albums.
Hipster victory for you I suppose?

Hey, this isn't a contest. I'm not here to showboat how obscure I am. I'm genuinely interested in other people's raters, so please, tell me of your latest listening experiences.

Two beforehand were Peter Criss and Paul Stanley. Both were meh

Well that's good to hear at least. I'm happy you're interested.

They're all from a backlog of fusion albums I have:
Terje Rypdal was a very boring watered down mixture of Ambient and Jazz music and most of the album went in one ear and out the other.
Tony Williams has been overall fantastic musically. (Turn It Over) was kind of boring and a few of his songs sound like a diet Radiohead oddly enough but his better 2 are some of the best I've heard in the genre.
Vulfpeck wasn't BAD but it felt kind of soulless and like they didn't want to be making funk. It was like a robot pretended to have emotions and tried to make music. Soulless, honestly. And the opening track after the intro was abysmal.

I've only heard the title track from the Real mccoy album & I like it a lot despite the cheesiness.

Is the rest of the album that much weaker or are you just not a fan of that style in general?
Sunshower is an indie rock album, nothing really special but the lead singer (who has had a solo career since their breakup) is my all time favorite artist so I have a soft spot for his lyrics and the stuff that reminds me of his other work.

SVIIB is kinda dreampop-ish but it's also very unique in it's specific sound. Reminds me a lot of Heaven or Las Vegas if I had to compare it.

Confess is essentially 80's throwback, first half is really good but the latter half is slightly weaker.

1000 Hurts is a must listen if you like Post-hardcore, not every track is gold, but it rocks hard throughout.

Disguise the limit is as average as it gets east coast hip-hip, would only really suggest it if you're a big big fan of that genre (especially more "current" iterations of it).

Not a fan of Radiohead, but since Mr. Williams preceded those guys by a good decade or so, I'll give him a listen.

I also posted this, so I'll give you a rundown.
Huey Lewis and the News needs no introduction.

Bleach Boys were a French Oi! band from Normandy. I have a huge boner for Oi! from non-Anglo countries, so it's refreshing to hear other nationality's take on the genre. Two songs are covers, but the other two are originals that are quite thuggish:
youtube.com/watch?v=uFRwS5mY1eM

"La sanie des siècles..." is Peste Noire's highest achievement, although "L'ordure à L'état pur" is also quite good. The eclectic instrumentation, hooligan ethos and medieval fetishism joined with those fierce vocals all define their character. Main trouble with "L'ordure..." is that it's somewhat overlong. "La Chaise-Dyable" is similarly good, although not as strong as the other two.

>Huey Lewis and the News needs no introduction.

I like Hardcore, so I've started listening to "1000 Hurts". Can't say I'm either a fan or detractor of Steve Albini, but I'll give this a fair chance.

The rest of the album's just weaker

I'm already at "Mama Gina" and so far less than impressed. This is kinda limp and gimpy. Does it get better past this?

Have you heard of the band Rebellen? They might be for you if you're into Post-Hardcore:
youtube.com/watch?v=p7gYipg-LNM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mj8YaTO6i0E
youtube.com/watch?v=YLnsLspQcWg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrrl8aPZz9g

To each their own, personally the first track is one of my favorites on the album.
The lyrics really resonate with me, so maybe it just isn't for you. I'd say however, that musically it picks up a little bit in pace later on, however only relative to the first half.

I'm usually of a non opinion on Albini myself, and this is the only thing he's played on I've listened to.
Fair enough

Might wanna check out Rebellen posted earlier ITT.

I added it to my que, thanks lad. Never heard of them before.

Definitely worthwhile. They were apparently connected to some right-wing music scene, although I wouldn't know it. I don't the lyrics are hostile or purposely offensive, so you don't have to worry about it being some sort of propaganda vehicle.

>rating the re release

Fantastic album though, and I fully agree with your assessment of Electric Warrior. Really good but overrated
Can’t stand Twin Shadow. That Shellac record is great tho
>Antisocialites

My nigga, my AOTY last year. Does Superorganism really live up to all the hype?
Fuck, Peste Noire is a great band. Good taste. La Chaise may even be my favorite of theirs depending on my mood
Ya post-Thrill Vulfpeck is quite underwhelming imo
Accurate SP rating

Fair enough. To be honest I don't really care either way though. People who get butt blasted over politics in songs (so long as the lyrics are actually decent whatever viewpoint they are) are kinda retarded. You have to be extremely insecure in your beliefs and feel the need to "justify" your point of view in order to do so.

Of course if your lyrics are just straight shit (Eminem looking at you) than by all means let people complain.
To each their own I suppose. You gotta like 80's throwback to like Twin Shadow. It's not really the type of music I could understand someone having be their favorite, but I found it pleasant enough.
Totally agree for Shellac though.

Haven't heard anything on your recents though.

rateyourmusic.com/~HotOpinions
If you give a shit to look at stuff you have heard

I like a lot of 80’s throwback stuff(loved the last Alex Cameron album to death), I just felt like he wasn’t putting any sort of unique spin or personality on it. Just a bit bland for me personally, so I could say how others can enjoy it

Eminem used to be such a good rapper. Now, he's the ultimate has-been.

I get that honestly. Almost every track felt like it was inspired by a different 80's artist with little cohesion beside the general aesthetic throughout.
That Alex Cameron record is fantastic too.

Just added you & I'm taking a look.
Totally dude. I'm not gonna lie, I did enjoy MMLP2, half of it was pretty good-great, and the other half was below average. But ultimately I liked it more than I didn't.

Revival is just.....fuck.

Agreed. And about Em I used to be such a huge Em fan, but MMLP2 was bad to me outside of like Evil Twin and Bad Guy. Revival somehow makes Encore look good... it made me want to cry

That's fair. I love the SSLP, got the disc for in my car.
As for MMLP2, I do like those 2 songs, but my favorite is probably Love Game. A couple of the other ones like So Far, and So Much Better (Rap God & Bezerk are OK) I enjoy because they remind me of old em (if cheesy old em).

I don't think I'll ever willingly listen to Revival again.

I dig So Much Better too, forgot about that one, and that’s it. MMLP will always be my favorite, and I actually think Relapse is a fantastic album too with some of dre’s best Em Production ever. I definitely won’t be, I was pissed when I listened to the remix of Chloroseptic. 2 Chainz KILLED that feature, what a waste

>zeit that low

Fight me

Compressed production, lukewarm material from an artist who's shown he's capable of doing far better. It's nothing special. I'm sure it all sounds better live, but I absolutely cannot stand when a rock album is badly produced or mediocre. Both together just gets me

Just started listening to neofolk

I T-Rex has yet to wow me but I did really enjoy Twin Fantasy's rerecording
Superorganism really failed to hold my attention into the second half
Against All Logic is the only one on there that I liked(out of what I've heard)

C93 is fukken tight
never could get into that Dissection album, it's kinda weaksauce imo

Illadelph Halflife is great

Pretty much the same on Pissing Stars for me but I went ahead with a lenient 2/5