Is NFL dead?

Is NFL dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fr/search?q=youth football declining&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2tbSJkcDWAhVGQBoKHSY7BUEQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=1042
cbsnews.com/news/youth-tackle-football-declining-health-concerns/
dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/nfl-leadership-is-beyond-stupid-if-they-think-the-average-fan-will-tolerate-protests/
youtube.com/watch?v=ULJ4quHQxG4
insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/25/nfl-fans-react-national-anthem-protests-players-not-respecting-american-flag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>CTE issues
>fracture between white right wing fans and black left wing players
>quality of play dropping
>still a lot of commercials in the internet age
We could say that NFL is gonna face very, very rough times

i give it 10 years before they close it down for all the irreversible brain damage it causes

>CTE issues

CTE nonissues

People just don't care about it unless it's getting a lot of press

Then it's quickly forgotten and no one's gonna not watch because jock retards get even dumber

Last SuperOwl is hard to top. I can see people loosing interest after that game. Plus a lot heart broken faggs after Patriots victory.

I'm not sure if you are aware of it but there are stories about CTE in your footie every 3 months
>110 on 111 brains 4 months ago
>that Aaron Hernandez story last weekend
You probably forget it quick, because it doesn't affect you. You don't care if these guys become retards, and you're right
But the CTE issue will never be forgotten or dismissed by the white middle class mothers who ban their kids from your footie
CTE is a poison which kills NFL at its root.

They fucked up bad today, that is for sure. The ratings they've lost since last year will not be coming back and it's only going to get worse.

>But the CTE issue will never be forgotten or dismissed by the white middle class mothers who ban their kids from your footie
>CTE is a poison which kills NFL at its root.

Meme

In my mind it is.

To hell with em, they can go play soccer in weedboy's country.

I think I'm going to ignore the superbowl and watch the world series instead.

Should I really, really post the numbers and the articles about youth participation dropping in your footie?
Those concerns didn't even exist 5 years ago

that game was the best fucking thing ever

complete come back, how could you knock the patriots for that?

Post them all you want

You'll believe anything you want to see

Still a meme

Good. Fuck the NFL and all those ungrateful players.

It's not like they're on at the same time
Are you one of those people who can't follow multiple sports?

Good I stopped watching the super bowl too. It's just commercials and a concert with some football sprinkled in anyway.

depends on whether the cowboys kneel or not, everything is riding on them.

if they do, it's over.

This
15 years of early life u waste on sport that u won't respect after milions of dollars he puts on your bank account

the fuck with that?

soon

I hope they do so we can accelerate this decline. You know jerry wouldnt be quiet and cause the asspain to go even further.

Sports are so retarded now. Wish a lot of the money would be taken out of it.

now that would really piss me off

the vikings locked arms during the anthem

#notanti-american

I basically only watch the superbowl anymore, but I think I'll get into baseball again. I have been to more professional baseball games than football, now that I think about it it's much cheaper a venue than football games.

>Kneeling as a form of protest

Good job on cucking yourselves, you are literally submitting to authority

>post your evidence, I still won't believe it!

The state of ameri-vegetables.

The niggers are paid millions to bash into each other, they should quit or deal with the brain damage.
Other people have to deal with work risks for way less money.

Football is more popular than ever, kids still want to play it regardless of the CTmeme propaganda

Why do you even care, bong?

Exactly

Athletes in other risky sports accept the consequences, NFL players can too

This whole thing is reminding me of the Baseball players strike of 94

A great many people were turned off to the professional league for years and years

>Football is more popular than ever, kids still want to play it regardless of the CTmeme propaganda
False.
>Post them all you want
There are too much to post 2bh

google.fr/search?q=youth football declining&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2tbSJkcDWAhVGQBoKHSY7BUEQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=1042

Didn't click.

Liberals don't care much about football regardless, but I hope fans are able to come together in masses and boycott the NFL strongly.

I used to root against the Patriots. But Tom Brady has had a hell of a career, and his lack of niggerism and his ability to stand up for our flag and anthem has won me his respect

Also didn't click.

they're also terribly great athletes, really, you have to honor that kind of accomplishment for sure

I was thinking about going to a packers-vikings game at lambeu field this year to see one of the best rivalrys in sports. But the packers ruined that for me, I'll wait until a new era of packers comes along

>A new study from Boston University found that playing tackle football before the age of 12 dramatically increases the risk of brain problems later in life.
>Many moms and dads have already blown the whistle on the sport.
>Parents in Highland Park, Illinois, didn't need a new academic study to tell them tackle football is too big a risk for their kids.
>The Park District cancelled it's tackle program for fifth to eighth graders this fall when only 11 boys showed up to play -- down from 34 last year and 55 the year before, according to Liza McElroy, the executive director.
>"In our heyday, we had probably roughly 150 to 200 kids playing football," McElroy said.
>The reason for the decline is no mystery to her.
>"You see so much in the media right now about concussions and traumatic brain injury," McElroy said.
>Underscoring the worries, some high schools in Missouri, Maine and New Jersey have cancelled or cut short their football seasons. Squads in Michigan are depleted due to lack of interest.
>"As a parent, you might think, 'Gee, do I really want to expose my child to this,'" McElroy said. "And so, I think they have to make tough decisions and tackle football is something that parents have said, 'We don't want to take the risk.'"

>Nationwide, youth tackle football has been declining for much of the last decade, down 20 percent since 2009, according to the Sports and Fitness Industry Association.
>Lisa Lew helped persuade her 12-year-old son, Dylan, to drop tackle football in favor of increasingly popular flag football "because of the concerns about injuries, especially concussions."
>She still likes the traditional game, just not for her son.
>"I think at this point, we're still not on board until they can prevent, do something to make it a safer game," Lew said.
>What that means for the future of football is unclear. But it can't be a good thing for the game when more and more parents have concluded it's just too dangerous for their kids.

cbsnews.com/news/youth-tackle-football-declining-health-concerns/

Yep, totally still as popular as ever.

Didn't read

>world series

thank god it's dead, I can't stand brazilian hipsters pretending they love and support handegg teams since they were kids

I can't imagine having such a low iq/attention span that I couldn't enjoy the motherfucking World Series

>Pop Warner football

A more concerning trend will be if there are large drops in the Middle/High School level. Pee-Wee is also fucking expensive.

To be honest, the kneeling is better than skulking in the locker room like a bunch of cowards.

Why was this spastic retard on the sidelines anyway?

High school football is down 10% (www.nfhs.org)

Bro baseball is boring as shit, why do you think no one watches it

Overnights have combined down about 4% from last week which was an already 2 decade low. Pregames up big which is to be expected as it brought in Trump haters who don't care about football.

But the 4% drop isn't really much of a change from the week prior.

Yup. If they don't want to play and deal with the risks then there are thousands of comparably skilled people who would gladly take their spot.

each drop of 5 pts is worth $100 millions
Some suits are heavy sweating right now

They've been sweating for a while now. But the reality of the protest stuff yesterday is it was way too short of a notice to have that much of an affect either way.

Attendance and ratings moving forward will be telling them. If there isn't a quick rebound there's gonna be same changes.

2 of the owners went down to lock arms with their players. They have only themselves to blame for this fiasco.

Conservative medias are crazy about this
dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/nfl-leadership-is-beyond-stupid-if-they-think-the-average-fan-will-tolerate-protests/
Owners are short sighted, they're winning hearts of liberals but not their eyes, and they lose eyes and hearts of conservatives.

Liberals already turned their back on the NFL for traumatic brain injury and being bullied by football players in high school.

Here's just one video of diehard fans burning their stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=ULJ4quHQxG4

How's the safe space been going?

>CTE issues
>discutable play quality
>commercials
>but America's heartland is still the unyielding bastion of football in these times of trouble for the sport

"Hey I know what to do to revitalize NFL!! Let's piss off those southerners!"

insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/25/nfl-fans-react-national-anthem-protests-players-not-respecting-american-flag

Would they still broadcast games if only 100 people showed up?

of course not

What an incredible fuck up by Trump. The NFL isn't just football players and owners. It's a large enterprise involving many businesses and industries

Now, Trump has made it impossible for players not to kneel, and he is just actively trying to destroy an American industry and it's interconnections

>youtube.com/watch?v=ULJ4quHQxG4
Awesome! Fuck the NFL. I also canceled my gamepass subscription this morning. That fucking league won't get a cent from me anymore.

And in case you're wondering, location is not necessarily the same as nationality.

Lol, how much of a special snowflake do you have to see to get triggered to burn your merch and season ticket just because some negroes kneeled like they used to in front of their massahs?

Fuck the NFL and fuck every player that kneels for cop killing thugs

While I do agree that they are paying millions, now you are just acting like a retard. Handegg is becoming a meme, so I fully expect it to be dead within half a decade, probably less.

Not triggered just don't care anymore. Find someone else's wallet to steal gooddell.

But the nfl was on trumps side, largely. They had black balled Kaep; many owners supported Trump either vocally, financially, or both. The businesses aligned with the nfl are basically all conservative.

They were doing what conservatives wanted, until Trump made that literally impossible

Tell, the people who really lose our if the nfl folds, do you think they are liberals?

One of the "Black Lives Matter" leaders was also trying to engineer a boycott over Kaepernick not being signed. He's gotta be so confused right now.

Trump tweeted out something about taking away their tax exempt status a few years ago. Could this all be a part of the plan?
>jokerface.png

The league fucking sucks, who cares if it continues its decline? Grow the fuck up snd stop worrying about rich people throwing a ball around

>saved millions of americans from brainwashing
>fuck up
Sure, kid.

I don't care
I was pointing out a strategic misstep, as the people/entities most hurt by an Nfl boycott are conservative

Fair enough that football should die
I can't think of a single entertainment industry that is generally conservative and supported Trump EXCEPT the NFL

agent orange strikes again

Hey, maybe if all those dumb fat fucks boycott NFL and stop wasting 3-4 hours a week (minimum) in front of their TVs because they got triggered, and start reading a book, America might get less dumb.

63.7%

Posters like you really show it.

Can you guys show me other examples of industries who gave the middle finger to their most important customers?

Good, Trump just earned good boy points desu

>tfw this applies to both the audience and the nfl players

They didn't give anyone the middle finger

It was a de locate situation that Trump turned into an impossible one.

The NFL was catering to conservatives. Trumps remarks made the situation untenable

What did you want the NFL to do?

Stay as neutral as possible. Tell owners and players it's a bad idea to take the bait.
Trump fucked them for whatever reason we don't know yet.

5D interstellar chess

That's what they did do
But the players are gonna do what they do

Trump made it so the NFL had to fire like a third of its talent or face a boycott. Obviously unfeasible

And this to the people who supported him

>the NFL
>on anyone's side but their own

Semantic, really
They were doing what conservatives wanted

Trump gave conservatives a new thing to want : fire all the employees

A child's solution that would only ever create problems

No there was another option.
Trump says mean things friday, quickly NFL tells everybody, owners and players to shut up, and then releases a statement the saturday that the league isn't political and POTUS as you are, mind your own business.
On sunday nobody kneels, but they holding arms while standing. Everyone is happy and Trump got countered.

The only thing trump did was draw a line and place the flag on his side with the NFL on the other side. The players are only reacting to that, letting their true intentions finally be made public.

The problem is that Trump's statements were so divisive that peo peo ppl le were going to kneel in response. Totally inevitable

The only thing trump did was paint protestors as unamerican and it worked. People don't want players fired. They want boycotts.

Why can't some Fucking Physicists and Engineers fix the CTE issue!?

You can send cats into space and the moon but you can't protect the heads of cats playing a game? You've had Fucking 50 years to get this shit fixed MotherFuckers!?

Physicists and Engineers why aren't you Fucking working on this MotherFuckers?

And in the crosshairs are all Trump supporters

He is actively damaging the people who supported him

>the problem is trumps statements are so decisive players are now doing excatly what he wants them to do which is escalate and can continue to tank the NFLs market

>Tell the President of the United States to mind his business
>Trying to tell Trump what to do ever

How would talking the NFL market help Trump

Those peop lw are Trump supporters. The industries connect to the NFL are conservative

The NFL owners care about their shekels above all else, they certainly aren't conservative or patriotic. The NFL is not a patriotic organization, it's sports entertainment.

Because it's funny watching stupid people injure themselves

And he is winning. Go to literally any NFL teams facebook page and look at the comments. The Ravens is hilarious. The anthem was written in Baltimore LMAO.

>in the crosshairs

The only thing I've lost is football which is easily replaced by other sports. What else of mine is in the crosshairs?

Fair enough but they supported Trump literally

With money

this Trump never tweets for nothing. There is always something behind.
Every player/owner took it as 1st degree, they didn't understood what was behind.
Now conservatives are more united than ever behind him. Do you think Trump wants votes in California or New York? He wants to be re-elected

Protesters are unamerican. Fuck them.

Bring that market to other sports that don't disrespect the flag. It's very simple I'm not sure why you don't see this. Everyone is turning on football at alarming rates

Not you, you retard

You are literally irrelevant to everyone. The NFL was the preeminent entertainment industry that leaned right