So I see a shit load of threads about this already but why the fuck did everybody just suddenly change their mind about...

So I see a shit load of threads about this already but why the fuck did everybody just suddenly change their mind about this? Kaep got raked over the coals for this and now a bunch of teams are doing? Did a bunch of black kids get shot again?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/08/31/nfl-lead-investigator-reportedly-recommended-no-suspension-for-ezekiel-elliott/?utm_term=.d5aed18eaab7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's because our retarded orange President decided to call out NFL players for protesting. Which is really fucked up, because he's supposed to preside over American values...you know like freedom of speech, freedom of expression.

So more people are protesting in solidarity because it is pretty wrong for the U.S President to think he can control the expression of private citizens like he's Vladamir Putin.

At first it looked like this blew up in Trump's face, but now all the 'muh flag muh anthem muh country muh veterans' dipshits are out in full force trying to destroy the NFL.

>trying to destroy the NFL
nah, it's doing a good enough job of destroying itself

the president is using his freedom of speech

he can say what he wants as well

those comments came at an event he held

The players are only protesting because Trump attacked them. They should have supported Kap from the beginning instead of waiting for Trump to make things personal.

Agreed. But calling peaceful protestors, who are righteously advocating for equality for minorities, "sons of bitches" is totally wrong. It's totally wrong, unnecessary, inflammatory and purposefully divisive.

It's divisive, and unbecoming a leader. It's childish and wrong. Look at how Obama answered the question...that's a true leader. He saw both sides of the equation. YES, some military families would find kneeling very offensive and that is valid. And YES, there is systematic racism in this country that needs to be addressed - and that is valid. THAT's how a true leader addresses a contentious situation. Consider both sides and try to compromise. Trump however, handled this like he's on the school playground, as usual. It's pathetic.

So the best path would be for all sides to consider the alternative viewpoints and be a little more flexible and lenient with each other. I definitely fault the sensationalism behind the reverence for the flag...it's really ridiculous to say that kneeling is "spitting in the face of all veterans" when many veterans have spoken up in support of taking a knee because they fought for their right to take a knee.

>black sportsguy kneels during the anthem to protest cop killing black criminals
>majority middle-class white audience who pay the sportsguy's salary dont like him showing political activism on the job
>audience who are vets/ have family members who are vets see his protesting the anthem as disrespectful
>the sports league company experience a further drop in profits because audience are now protesting with their wallets
>President of the country whose core voter base are these very same audience say during one of his political rallies that said sportsguy and anyone else who disrespect the anthem should be fired
>employer of sportsguy cannot fire the controversial sportsguy because union law or some shit
>employer of sportsguy wants to fire the sportsguy though because their audience dollars are running away
>cant
>employer of sportsguy comes out in support of the sportsguy
>haters of the President of the said country who were never a paying customer say "wtf i love employer of sportsguy now"
>haters of the President tell everyone to follow sportsguy's footstep and protest the President
>by protesting the anthem
>sportsguy's friends who are also sportspeople on other teams want to look good to these non-paying customers
>sportsguy's friends also protest the anthem now (or President whatever)
>you are here today

>systematic
I'd like you to describe to me how, in 2017, the written law discriminates against minorities. Racism is a people problem, and you will never be able to make lawful adjustments to our system that will change how those people feel.

They fell for the Kaep was ahead of his time meme.
I can only assume that was their thinking, that now with Trump in office and "the nation turning on him" ™, people would respond to it better because now "we're starting a conversation", but the truth is that "conversation" is literally just disrespecting the flag, the anthem, and the country over allegations that are statistically false.

You're right. It's a people problem and you're never going to "end" racism entirely. But just because it isn't written into law doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Look - you can argue about the validity of Kaepernick's initial protest all you want. The fact is that his protest is international news because there is validity and truth behind his concern. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in this country feel the same way. It's not something Kaepernick just imagined. There is racial injustice in this country. Point blank. Period. You cannot diminish or explain away the truth of that.

Does taking a knee fix anything? No. Does protesting the anthem bring people together? Not exactly. But it's Kaepernicks (and other plays) constitutional right to express themselves as they see fit. And the consequences? Well, he no longer has a job in the NFL, so he clearly sacrificed his NFL career because he believed so strongly in the message he's trying to communicate.

The point is: He feels strongly about the issues in this country. He has a right to express himself. He expressed himself. Others now express themselves. It's the best part of America, and Donald Trump is trying to create an authoritarian pulpit in the USA like that of his idol Vladamir Putin in Russia.

Did Trump outlaw not standing for the american flag?

>racial injustice
Then explain why 99% of black homicides are committed by other blacks
>sacrificed his NFL career
He doesn't play because he sucks and everyone knows it

Nope, but he's using his platform to essentially threaten players (saying NFL should fire them) for peacefully protesting. That is fucked up. That is un-American and it indicates even more so that Trump wants to use the office of presidency to impose an authoritarian style of government on the USA. I don't like it. Millions of people in this country don't like it. And dozens of players took a knee, not just to protest racial injustice, but also protest the bully president who longs to impose authoritarian measures on USA citizens.

A true leader agrees with both sides and leads nobody anywhere? Fuck off. Obama was such a political animal he couldn't lead a horse to water. He may have been inspirational to minorities everywhere, and I get that, but we had the worst race riots and deterioration of race relations since at least the early 90s if not before under his administration. He was -not- a true leader. Leaders are decisive and sometimes divisive. Trump isn't a leader but neither was Obama.

They aren't protesting the same thing Kap is. Kap protested against police brutality and inequality in the US. Everyone during the weekend was protesting against an attack on the NFL by Trump.

Trump b8ed them and because when he says shit people go into a psychosis they took the b8 yet again

>Nope, but he's using his platform to essentially threaten players (saying NFL should fire them) for peacefully protesting

So when congress passed that motion condemning white supremacists and trump signed it, was that anti-first amendment too?

our freedom of speech only applies to criticizing the government. that amendment is simply so we don't end up like some south american shithole, kidnapping, torturing and murdering journalists for exposing corruption. if you're an employee for a privately owned business and you do something your boss doesn't like he has every right to fire you.

>righteous
>peaceful
>concern trolling
>buzzwords

Your "movement" is deeply ignorant, violent, toxic to polite society and endlessly entitled and sane people are getting sick of it.

The best path forward is to accept that not everything has to cater to you and what you want, but you can't do that.

Anyone else find it ironic that they're protesting Trump by taking the knee?

He fucking tricked those niggers into kneeling to him.

Oh look another retard who took the b8>he's supposed to preside over American values...you know like freedom of speech, freedom of expression.
You know everyone thinks you're retarded when you say dumb stuff like this right? Actually no, of course you don't which is why you keep taking the b8 and getting confused at why you keep on losing. Baby brain.

>Your "movement" is deeply ignorant, violent, toxic to polite society and endlessly entitled and sane people are getting sick of it
Wow, it's like I'm actually in the 1960s. Please tell me more about how MLK and those uppity negroes are setting back civil rights by ruining polite society

>Then explain why 99% of black homicides are committed by other blacks

Excuse me - are you black? I'm guessing you're absolutely not black. Do you have any clue what it's like to live in a country where your ancestors were brought over on slave ships and then segregated against for decates? Do you have any clue what the cumulative effect of that is, even in modern times? Of course, you don't. You think you can explain away hundreds of years worth of racial injustice with one exaggerate statistics.

Have you ever considered that this country has so thoroughly mistreated this population - that they are still fucked in the head over it? So how about you spend time trying to help these people (or perhaps just listen and empathize) instead of trying to magically explain away all their concerns.

t. retard who voted for Hillary and doesn't have a job nor an education.

LMFAO

B A I T

Ok

As a casual who generally lurks on Sup Forums, I'll say this much--I'd have more respect for these people if they refused to play a game. Not kneel then take their million-dollar checks.

>why the fuck did everybody just suddenly change their mind about this?

Because a lot of people hate Trump.

This is Trump's America. These people are emboldened now. They're courageously racist. But don't call them racists...they definitely don't like it when the shoe fits. Utterly pathetic and shameful.

Look - you can argue about the validity of Trump's initial words all you want. The fact is that his "son of a bitch" remark is international news because there is validity and truth behind his concern. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in this country feel the same way. It's not something Trump just imagined. There is hostility to the US this country. Point blank. Period. You cannot diminish or explain away the truth of that.

Does complaining about the NFL do anything? No. Does calling out the NFL bring people together? Not exactly. But it's Trump's (and other presidents) constitutional right to express themselves as they see fit.

The point is: He feels strongly about the issues in this country. He has a right to express himself. He expressed himself. Others now express themselves. It's the best part of America, and liberals are trying to create an authoritarian pulpit in the USA like that of their idol Fidel Castro.

I'd love to see the NFL try and fire all the players that kneeled yesterday. Not only would the majority of the guys skilled enough to make a 53 man roster likely field work immediately after, it would shoot this shitpile of a debate into the ionosphere

>Do you have any clue what it's like to live in a country where your ancestors were brought over on slave ships and then segregated against for decates
I'm Chinese-American, so yes.

>doesn't have a job nor an education.

Sounds like the majority of Trump supporters.

Blumpf said the mean words again, so the logical response from the left is wage total jihad on the den of toxic masculinty and misogyny that is the NFL.

I mean, consider how problematic it is.

>Ritually supports the Military that is systematically murdering innocent muslims overseas

>Makes POC stand for the anthem of a nation that oppresses them and enslaved their ancestors.

>Won't let trans people be cheerleaders

>Won't give strong women a chance to try out for positions on the teams.

>Less then a quarter of the quarterbacks are black, yet POC are 60% of the player base

>Encourages young men to be strong and violent and teaches a morality where only the strongest and best win.

They've wanted to tear this whole thing down for awhile and now they think Blumpf has given them the perfect excuse.

No its more people hate trump so much that they'll overly support anything he talks negative about. For instance my dad said everything trump said at that rally about nfl (minus the sons of bitches part) but after trump said it my dad did a complete 180 and now thinks kneeling is patriotic and trump is Hitler for saying anything bad at all about football. Basically people are fucking crazy.

>be black kid
>taught whites are the devil and they hate you
>taught cops can't be trusted
>taught that the only way to survive is to live outside the system and the law
>my single mother taught me this because my dad was too focused on a non-existent rap career to give structure to my life
>stop listening to teachers, so I do bad in school
>treat cops like criminals, so I look suspicious as shit all the time
>think the system is against me, so it's moral to rebel against it and break the law
>now I can't get a job because I fucked over school and have a record
>get stuck selling crack for the rest of my life
They honestly do this shit to themselves. There is nothing I can do for them. My black friends all stopped talking to me in middle school, it wasn't the other way around.

So, they're just taking what trump said personally and are feigning support for a cause when in reality they're just personally offended, and don't actually care about what the kneeling was supposed to be about?

Hah. Well played.

I guess my only response is that I expect better from the President. I expect him to conduct himself with respect and dignity. There is nothing respectful or dignified about the way this man speaks or conducts himself. That's no way to be. The kids in this country need a positive role model, not a reality TV show host with dementia who's nursing an oversized ego.

So, yeah, he has the right to express himself, and I have the right to express my dislike for how he does it, and you have a right to express your dislike for how I express my dislike for his dislike.

Yay America!

Lets also not forget the SJW lynch mob over "systemic domestic abuse" in the NFL that has lead to a Federal court intervention that cited severe legal misconduct and an injunction against their entire arbitration and punishment process.

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/08/31/nfl-lead-investigator-reportedly-recommended-no-suspension-for-ezekiel-elliott/?utm_term=.d5aed18eaab7

>According to the filing, the NFL’s director of investigations, Kia Roberts, testified that following her interviews with the woman who accused Elliott of domestic violence, she recommended to the league that the Dallas player not be suspended. However, Roberts was left off the NFL panel that decided on Elliott’s punishment, and her recommendation was not included in the league’s final report or official letter to him.

>“Arbitrary decision-making and internal inconsistencies continue to plague the most senior level of management of the League,” the NFLPA said in a statement released Friday. “This is the latest and best example of the Players’ belief that independent, transparent and collectively bargained policies generate the best systemic results for all parties.”

>purposefully divisive
Yes, it was, and you took the b8. Divide and conquer. The issue here is your idea of a "leader" is just someone who says what you want to hear. A smooth talking, teleprompter reading pussy.

Trump is pitting the NFL and their alliance with BLM against their white patriotic base of support. Now the ownership came to a crossroads. They could side with Trump and their own fans, or with their entitled players who they are constantly trying to fuck over in contract negotiations. They chose poorly and will face the consequences.

Shitlibs don't care about the NFL. They've considered it a barbaric and brutish sport for decades. The same people who bitch and moan that athletes get paid more than teachers and social workers are the ones the NFL is pandering to now.

This whole narrative that "veterans fight for the right to kneel" is retarded media brainwashing. They find 5 shitlib vets and act like they're the whole military and you believe it because you want to believe it. That's called confirmation bias.

Hah. Well played. I tip my fedora to you good sir.

I guess my only response is that I expect better from football players. I expect them to conduct themselves with respect and dignity. There is nothing respectful or dignified about the way these players speak or conduct themselves. That's no way to be. The kids in this country need a positive role model, not a reality TV show host with a "fuck whitey" complex who's nursing an oversized ego.

So, yeah, they have the right to express himself, and I have the right to express my dislike for how they do it, and you have a right to express your dislike for how I express my dislike for his dislike.

Yay America!

Why can't they explain it? We have an entire language of words for just this kind of situation, why has no black person tried to explain this? Why is it just ''you wouldn't understand so let us rape, steal and murder"

This. Trump knew exactly what he was doing, and the bait was just too juicy to ignore. The narrative of perpetual victimhood cannot resist getting outraged. The fact that they have always wanted to add the NFL to their roster of cultural conquests simply made it all the harder to ignore.

Yes, Shannon Sharpe called them all out on this. It was great

because racism

racism u raycis

Over 70% of NFL players are blacks. NFL are discriminating hiring of white players!!! Need to boycott them until they start hiring white players!

They do realize that black people are also boycotting because of kap, right?

LMAO this is the problem. Bunch of losers brought up in the public school system wanting to LARP like the Civil Rights heroes of the 1960's manufacturing perceived injustices to give them something to protest.
You're delusional kid. You're fighting shadows and getting worked into a frenzy over nothing.

Yeah, this is where your cute little copying meme starts to go off the rails.

Taking a knee is absolutely respectful and dignified in comparison to Trump's remarks. No NFL player has said the flag is "a son of a bitch" or "fuck the flag" or "fuck veterans." No one is lighting the flag on fire or pissing on the flag on NFL sidelines. If Trump had voiced his concern respectfully, giving respect to both sides of the issue, it wouldn't be a problem. Instead, yet again, the dementia-ridden manchild has to mouth off and insult people. That's not a leader. That's a bully.

> There is racial injustice in this country. Point blank. Period

Care to elaborate? I don't even really disagree with you. I've dealt with some shitty people myself, as have many others. Saying "This is a thing. Period. Don't ask any questions" about something that really is inherently anecdotal is a terrible, terrible way to win any rational person over. There is no legally recognized practice or law that is explicitly stated to be for the purpose of racial injustice, so all we can go by is personal accounts. Find me 10 stories of racism and claim they are indicative of the country, and I can find you 10 that would say otherwise.

This sort of mentality is what's ruining any sort of discussion and communication in this country. You're clearly a principled guy, but when you leave it as "Bad thing is happening don't you dare question me" you'll only create two kinds of people:

Those who want to disagree and spite you, and therefore act in ignorance.

And those who want to agree, and also act in ignorance.

What does Kapernick's kneeling accomplish? What is his end goal? DOn't give me anything vague like "Ending racial injustice"

What does that mean? What visible, tangible events are going to occur if Kaep gets what he wants?

Yeah, this is where your cute little copying meme starts to go off the rails.

Trump's comments are absolutely respectful and dignified in comparison to disrespecting the American flag. Trump has never called an NFL player "a son of a bitch", or said "fuck the NFL" or "fuck niggers." No one is lighting niggers on fire or pissing on niggers on Trump rally sidelines. If memeball players had voiced their concerns respectfully, giving respect to both sides of the issue, it wouldn't be a problem. Instead, yet again, the retard-ridden manchildren had to knee off and insult people. That's not a leader. That's a bully.

hahaha

>Trump has never called an NFL player "a son of a bitch"
He literally did though

This is why you can never appease these "people". They need something to fight against. If you join their side they'll just complain you didn't join their side earlier. They wont be satisfied until you agree to give up everything and become an indentured servant groveling for forgiveness twice daily. Anything short of that makes you an enemy.

trump hate is SO hot right now

>over nothing

And this is the exact attitude that engenders and cultivates systematic racism. Well done, we've come full circle.

So, in the end, nobody is watching?

Which player?

>That's a bully
and from the way you write I'm guessing you got bullied quite a lot growing up. I know you now fantasize about a world where all the weak nerds and minorities will band together and take out their beta rage on all those bullies but it's not gonna happen. As long as you keep identifying with being a loser and adopting loser causes and loser mentality you'll keep being a loser.

All of them, you pedantic dipshit,

Don't reply to retarded bongs

>wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners when somebody disrespects our flag, to say "get that son of a bitch off the field right now. He's fired".

hmm, not really

What "systematic racism". This statement requires there actually be a system in place that engenders racism. There being "ebil whyte peeple" who don't like black people is not a system of racism. For their to be an actual system there needs to be laws butressing racism, enforcement of the system of racism, and an enabling cultural matrix like religion or mass media that supports the system of enforcement.

Last I checked, we got rid of these things DECADES ago. So what exactly do you mean when you say there is systematic racism?

Ok, go ahead and split hairs. Well done.

Just saying, he didn't call any player a son of a bitch he said wouldn't it be great if they said "you son of a bitch, get off the field"

for me it's Quenelle, mdr

Good posts never get replies.

They will keep saying "Systemic racism" until whites agree to give all of their money, all of their property, and all of their time to supporting blacks. If you went to a BLM meeting and suggested all whites agree to be enslaved by blacks for 250 years in order to even the scales and make up for historic injustices, their response would be "It's a start"

He's indirectly referring to anyone who protests as a "son of a bitch." That's painstakingly obvious. If you're going to be pedantic and split hairs to protect the honor of Führer Trump - go ahead.

Actually yes.

NFL is in a lose lose.
even now, Liberals are saying "kneeling isn't enough, we need to turn off the TV"

Conservatives are saying "Theyre disrespecting the flag, we need tot run off the TV"

Add this to the brain damage shit, NFL is in trouble.

>At first it looked like this blew up in Trump's face
No this was 4D chess.

>American
>20% spanish, 50% jigaboo speak
>"let me tell you about the english language"

Fuck off with this bullshit rhetoric you racist piece of shit.

Protests what? What does the kneeling protest?

When Kaepernick was alone, it was really easy for the media to try to crush him with public opinion.

When half the NFL does it, all they can do is sweep it under the rug.

This information is all you need in order to understand that this whole 'controversy' is a bunch of media hype that you probably bought right into.

Nobody has to care about this stupid shit and it is only obvious to dumbasses when so many players are doing it.

You're English needs some work bud.

I beg your pardon, your diction is so fractured and debase it could hardly be seen as one language (or even permeable to understanding)

you'll find a better overall command of the language on our shores!

I don't disagree with you that Trump handled the situation poorly, but to say Obama would've handled it well is ridiculous.

That's sad.

As an enthusiast, I really wish that you Yanks fix that shit somehow, for the sake of the sport.

Fuck white people fuck cops fuck drunpf

he could have had a son that took a knee

>confusing verbosity with good use of language

From the country that gave us the big bang theory this is not in the least bit surprising

Read the news man, lol.

No one is saying that what he was doing was illegal. People are saying that it's not something that the POTUS should do and that he's a fucking retard for doing it.

But hey as long as people are in an uproar over this they aren't paying attention that nothing is being done in terms of healthcare reform.

jesus fucking Christ
there are still people who defend Trump?
The guy who hasn't given enough of a fuck to educate himself on anything important and just wings everything?

im no fucking liberal dude, hell im more of a conservative.. but don't be so god damn stupidly bias that you somehow suggest that Obama wasn't a better communicator than fucking clueless trump.

Cry more. The entire Trump brand is fueled by your tears.

Exactly. It's all a big distraction. Trump doesn't know shit about policy, he doesn't know shit about Washington, he doesn't know shit about how to get his agenda accomplished. He's utterly clueless and impotent.

All he knows how to do is act like a clown on television, talk shit and cause controversy. So yeah, this whole fiasco is just a big distraction from the fact he is the least popular and least accomplished US President in history.

they identify with their politics, you will never change their minds.

look brother, I know how shit you guys are at speaking outside of the posh parts of London

Why? They don't even know what the protest is actually for at this point. The players don't even care about why they started kneeling in the first place. This is just a dumb way of saying, "fuck you" to Trump, because he said some off color comment.

you all bought in and are still wondering why they are doing it

it works. on you. you fucking idiots

I hate Kaep because he sucks and made himself more important than his employer. The rest of the morons who kneeled are upset Trump started to mock them. This is dumb, I'm out

You mistake my questioning for curiosity.

It's the richest league in the world, the NFL isn't going to go under or anything lol

well you must excuse me as there were so many people mad about it last year, it blew my mind.

It's not about monies, but about enjoying the game and having fun. Please, keep your toxic agenda out of it, I beg you.

If Trump was broke and lost everything he'd still never be homeless because he's living in all your heads rent free.

Lol not crying at all. Have fun with your president that is accomplishing nothing he promised.

Dude.
Its a police brutality protest.

Now, I think liberals fucked up strategically by misnaming it "black live matters" they should have named it "Americans against police brutality" or some shit. (you would think liberals would be more inclusive)

Having said that, BLM makes perfect sense to me.
You can only kill so many of a certain race before the race gets pissed and feels theyre being singled out.

They keep getting killed by dumb fucking cops.
If you disagree with that point then you truly are lost and biased.

Remember, Those who make peaceful protest impossible make violent protest inevitable.

>your
>mine