So, you have them both. Lionel Messi, and Cristiano Ronaldo. Both known for, among other things...

So, you have them both. Lionel Messi, and Cristiano Ronaldo. Both known for, among other things, having incredible dribling skills, having gone through 5, 6 or more players with ease, sometimes even scoring a goal afterwards. This is the thing, both have different styles, different ways to do that.

When you watch CR7 playing you see that, aside from being quite fast and having remarkable balls control, he uses primarily a shitload of tricks, and some body feints. Of course, the risk of this is that some ties you cant perform a trick properly and you end up loosing the ball, but it seems that the fucker always does them perfectly, combines and mixes them in quite creative ways that allow him to rape and entire team's defense. Other examples of players who do that are Neymar, Ronaldinho and Zidane.

On the other hand, we have Messi. One thing is to run fast without the ball, other thing is to kick it and then run after it like Gareth Bale. But to run THAT fast while having the ball at your feet almost at all times is something I have barely seen anyone doing. One of those is Messi. When you see him dribble, you see that, unlike CR7, he never stands still, barely uses any tricks, and simply magicaly runs past every single fucker. He has Godlike ball control and never pauses for a single momment, always moving, wich allows him to dribble like that. His is speed is also improved by his relatively small size. I dont think I know any player who dribbles the way Messi does

Wich does Sup Forums think its best? What style do you think its most effective? Wich would you use, or wich one do you use if you play football?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HD6F-cPhUWE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ijb_VcbCveA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have they played together in some friendly or charity match?

>So, you have them both. Lionel Messi, and Cristiano Ronaldo. Both known for, among other things, having incredible dribling skills
Stopped reading right there

these dubs say that goatsunaldo is better

its kind of a hard choice, first instinct is to take messi since hes just so, so dangerous at all times and hes generally more consistent. when your team is dominating a game you want messi.when your team needs to fight back and you're being dominated and you need a goal from nowhere, you need ronaldo.

>Al-tismo

I miss the old cr7, he was very fun to watch in man u, is sad to see the tap in merchant he became the last lustrum

Messi is just on another level. Ronaldo is crazy god, but Messi looks like he glued the ball to his foot when dribbling through defenders

>messi
>choker
>ronaldo
>clutch
Discussion over

Oh hey it's this faggot

Remind me how many goals Ronaldo scored in the euro final? Oh he wasn't even on the pitch LMAO

>call messi a choker for carrying his NT and missing penalties
>Ronaldo gets all the credit for his NT winning the championship game without him on the pitch

Ronaldo cucks, not even once

a fucking toothpaste

>tapnaldo
>incredible dribbling skills

>22 (twenty-two) last minute goals
>somehow not clutch

That's the Netherlands leaf.

Remind me how many goals Messi scored in the copa america final?

>Both known for, among other things, having incredible dribling skills, having gone through 5, 6 or more players with ease, sometimes even scoring a goal afterwards.

Oh so you are gonna tell me they have never done that

>Both known for, among other things, having incredible dribling skills, having gone through 5, 6 or more players with ease, sometimes even scoring a goal afterwards. This is the thing, both have different styles, different ways to do that.

Ronaldo can't even get past 1 man these days. And even at Man Utd, he was more of a show pony than an effective dribbler. He's nowhere near the elite when it comes to dribbling.

Well read it again

>Having gone through
>Having

Past fucking tense. They HAVE DONE THAT in the past, im not saying they do it in every single match they play. BUT you can usually see them both in matches dribling one or more players several times during a match.

Regardless of that, who would you, and all others who are gonna same the same shit, say that is the best dribling?

>Ronaldo can't even get past 1 man these days

One can, the other can't. We all know who is who

>pi-kuck

Why is Pique so SHIT?

I really, really like Shakira

>piqueton

In all seriousness I still like him, he is a good guy :3

>one scores and removes his shirt, to display another bland shirt he was wearing under it, while not saying a word and stands autistically with his look lost in the crowd

>the other scores and does a 180 power jump while screaming at the top of his lungs and in one swift movement removes his shirt to display his perfect tan body, all the time while looking every yelling fan in the eyes

i know who im choosing

I'm guessing the one holding his shirt up perfectly straight with just one hand because the other one is busy taunting opposition fans, defying fucking gravity like the god he is.

>celebrates by himself

About as many as Ronaldo did in the euro final

Stellar OP, shit thread unfortunately

absolutely fucking BASED touch, Piquék got thoroughly BTFO

I assume the one you're having your powerbottom fantasy over, faggot.

Look, it's been nearly a fucking decade already. Why do you people still talk about messi and tsu like they're on the same level when it's clear that the autist is superior? They were never, not even comparing prime vs prime, close to the same level, though the gap certainly becomes smaller that way. Tsu is only superior to messi when it comes to athleticism.

So, to answer the question.

>Wich does Sup Forums think its best?
Obviously the autistic manlet. I understand those who prefer TSU over him because of messi's one flaw: massive choking. However, objectively speaking, messi is undoubtedly the better player.

Yes. I really really don't understand how people can seriously think tsu is a "better footballer". Do these people ever watch actual games and not just compare stats?

>being this insecure
you can come out of the closet anytime, its 2017

Not an argument

No one is actually debating whether or not Ronaldo is more talented than Messi.

I'm pretty sure deep down Ronaldo knows Messi is better in terms of talent but there's more to being an elite player than just talent.

Who is the more decisive player?

Who is able to use his respective talent to make the difference on the biggest stage consistently?

I'd take Ronaldo, in that regard.

You can say Messi is a better dribbler, but can you say he's more skillful than tsu? Being a good dribbler isn't going to win you titles. Tsu is a winner because he gets shit done instead of being a circus elephant

>Both known for, among other things, having incredible dribling skills

my fucking sides
into the trash it goes

>Messi
>shooting
>passing
>dribbling
>playmaking
>scoring

>Penaldo
>scoring (offside)

>Americuck thinking his opinion matters here

oh boy

Dribling isnt just for show. TSU often stys still and does a shitload of tricks only to in teh end go past the defender witha fairly simple move. Messi just magicaly sprints and goes past them. This is has the fucntion of fucking getting closer to the net to score goals. So yeah, that also counts as getting shit done

show me one defender that tsu has ever beaten besides picuck

>Ronaldo
>dribbling multiple players
He stopped doing that since his 2nd season at Madrid.

>>>Americuck thinking his opinion matters here

Dont like to repeat myself.

Still, just watch any match with him playing. Doesnt matter wich season. He often does go past one or two defenders

he can still get past players if he's in a 1v1 as long as there's lots of space. put him in a counter and you'll see how dangerous the tsuper man can be

Messi can playmake, dribbling, pass and shoot, Cristiano can only shoot.

But can messi TSUUUUUU?

>No one is actually debating whether or not Ronaldo is more talented than Messi.

They are though, just read this thread.

It all depends on what terms we use. I said best footballer, you said talented, elite, decisive and introduced skillful. My English might be lacking but I understand "best" to be a general, overarching term encompassing whatever criteria you want to use, the result of decisiveness, dribbling skill, speed, impact etc. put together. And Messi is the best.

Only kiddies think Ronaldo is better. When mess does his dribble into the box and then does a small chip on the incoming keeper, there is nothing sexier in football

> Both known for, among other things, having incredible dribling skills
>both
>dribling
this has to be a bait

Actually no. Im the OP. I made this thread to debate about the dribling styles and skills of each
not to debate wich player is better. That the thread inevitably derailed into the later is another thing

Can we ever see these two on the same team or is that just impossible?

compare

>That the thread inevitably derailed into the later is another thing

That' my point

Messis only dribbling skill is feinting. Ronaldo chops, stepovers and can backheel the ball to teammates out of dribbles. If that fails Ronaldo has the speed and strength to outrun most defenders anyways. Reminder that Ronaldo gets fouled more than Messi and will even get punished for 'diving'. See Umtiti.

would be awesome.

You fucker. If you actually read, then you would notice that when I was adressing TSU's style, I said its more risky than Messi's beacuse of the difficulty of the tricks and combinations that he uses.

Showing a cherry picked webm doesnt count as an argument, unless you want people responding to you showing more cherry picked webms, you dumb burger man

Good point, then.

Yes I belive I forgot to add that Messi uses a lot of body feints. And yes your coment on Ronaldo is valid, I also forgot to say that while Messi's short height helps his speed, just like with Dybala, TSU's size and strenght are also quite handy.

TSUUU

He wasnt trying to dribble everyone away there, if he was he wouldnt have made the pass

>this has to be bait
>a messi vs cr thread
>on Sup Forums
>in the current year

he didn't pass dude, he lost control of the ball and dived to try and win a foul.

what about this, is he trying to pass the ball to the underground mole rats?

>tsuuu
More like pooo, amirite lads haha

The whole point of the sport is to score the most goals and tsu is better at that than missi

So do you rank Beckenbauer as the GOAT?

Nope, he just dived there. Btw, do you have a fucking collection of TSU's fails? Are you that insecure? I like barca way more than I like madrid but you dont see me fucking postin webms of every time messi has gotten a hat trick

Many rate Beckenbauer as one of the greats with Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano, Messi, and Cruyff
No one but a fool would add Cristiano anywhere near that list, he's more of a Hugo Sanchez/Raul

>collection of TSU's fails

You mean 6-7 years of his career? No I don't have time for that shit. But here is another one against the mighty Legia Warsaw

youtube.com/watch?v=HD6F-cPhUWE

>giving americans (You)'s
Please don't ever do this

So? He did fucking horribly on a match. Every playr gets a game like that every now and then. Messi has had horrible performances, Bale has, Benzema has, Neymar has, Buffon has, everyone has had.

I know he's ranked up there by everyone, but because he could do more things and play more positions, then the hue would rank him higher than Pele or Maradona.

Goddamn that flute just makes this better.

He was from a meme Era, players back then were definitely good, but never played in the level they do today.
Rating old players at the same level as Messi, Fatnaldo, CR7 etc. is pure demagogy.

How will Ronaldo cucks ever recover?

>scoring (offside)

>Canada desperately tries to press a new meme onto the US so he stops being bullied
hearty kek

B-but messi chokes on his NT team!!!!! Didn't you see Ronaldo score the game winning goal in the euro finals??????

FIFA Best Players Awards stats
1. Messi (5) +++
2. Cristiano (5*) -+
3. Zidane (3) +
4. Ronaldo (3)
5. Ronaldinho (2) +

nice tapin

Messi is better, he is far more influential to the game. He can make single games be won by barça, even if the team plays meh/10, meanwhile Ronaldo can be deadly but he needs an entire team around.

It's not even a contest, I still don't know why normies still continue with this fight while it's obvious to non cretins that Messi in infinitely better and the goat of all time (I know that you guys on Sup Forums still push this debate ironically just for le memes, that's why I pointed at real life dumb normies)

you clearly haven't watched ronaldo in the last 4 years to think he can still beat more than one defender and still perform skillful dribbles

>centerpiece of the deadliest counter attack
>can't dribble
everyone here is actually retarded

>leaf
are you shitposting, or do you genuinely not know what a counter attack involves?
do you even watch madrid matches? do you even watch football matches at all?

stop posting

K E K

E

K

hey look the portuguese immigrant is here

Only when he scores a goal. When one of his teammates does, you can see a mini temper tantrum being thrown becuase he somehow wasn't the one who scored...EVERY FUCKING TIME.

depends on the style of play your team has.

messi is better in heavy traffic.

Where can I upvote?

>the ball quantum leaps from navas's gloves to the opposite goal
>absolutely nobody has to bring the ball from end to end
>there will be absolutely no defenders back to defend
>I literally have to purchase a TV license then accuse others of not watching games

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijb_VcbCveA
TSU??

>Who is the more decisive player?
>Who is able to use his respective talent to make the difference on the biggest stage consistently?

Messi, easily. The only time Ronaldo was decisive in big games was last season. He's always been overshadowed by others in big games before then.

Messi has more social awareness

>messi
>social awareness

What the fuck is his problem?

Ultimate argument. Fuck you Canada.