Honest to god question

honest to god question

does the MLS play the national anthem before games? because if it doesn't, then i'm a new soccer fan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5QdaHBxGVRA
youtu.be/_sxTbfeYdO0
youtu.be/PRMPQg43wgk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, they do

They also play the MLS anthem, sorta like the champions league

youtube.com/watch?v=5QdaHBxGVRA

Why? Just why?
Football is above country, it's more important than politics, it shouldn't be used by it.

Jesus fuck why.

America is the most important country in world history

That has nothing to do with it.

The anthem gets played before pretty much every sporting event in America. Even at swim meets when I was in high school.

Americans are brainwashed serial killers in the making.

>ronaldo mcdonaldhino

Listen the American obsession with the anthem, flag, standing, hand over heart all that is a relatively new development. I'm talking the last 100 years or so. You need to understand how hard peer pressure patriotism was pushed to sway support for foreign wars. WW1, WW2, the Cold War and all of its proxy wars were all at one time or another extremely unpopular in the eyes of the average American. Decades of "us vs. them" propaganda have warped the discussion of loyalty and patriotism in this country into an extremely polarized one of either supporting or being directly subversive towards the government especially towards soldiers. There is no middle ground to a lot of people and the anthem protests are to many an extreme taboo. Yes it's dumb but it isn't for no reason.

we play the national anthem before our matches.

most people don't care and just sing the team song or do whatever, but they still play it

>10 years ago Sup Forums types were calling soccer commie ball and football red blooded americana
Man this is some weird times when what was once called anti -american is now more patriotic than the so called america’s game. Guess thats what happens when your aport gets infested with nogs and boomers start to die out.

If you've never watched Noam Chomsky's Requiem for the American Dream, he explains perfectly how integrated patriotism is into our everyday discourse to the point that it inhibits us from progressing as a society. Unlike every other country, if you suggest directly that there's something wrong with America, you're ostracized by most, even if they don't necessarily disagree with you.

>boomers will die out in your lifetime

Only the Canadian national anthem

Yes, they do

I agree with on that point about patriotism but that same point applies to cultures as well. You get villified if you say black american culture is toxic or degenerate despite it having some aspects to it that very much are.

It's literally an American tradition you moor rape baby. If you didn't come from a shitty, unimportant country you would understand.

they play this
youtu.be/_sxTbfeYdO0

you should feel right at home

>Football is above country

This is why no one plays as Portugal in Civ V

>Unironically putting stock in what Chomsky says
How is patriotism inhibiting society? Is it because the US isn't accepting in unwashed third world migrants or subjecting itself to the whims of organizations to the UN?

America has problems, like every country. That does not make America bad. Trump's campaign slogan was literally about admitting America has a problem, and his support base is made up of some of the most fervent patriots. I think Chomsky is just upset that they don't share his idea of what's wrong and his disposition towards his perceived issues.

The brainwashing doesn't take a lot of effort.

>I think Chomsky is just upset that they don't share his idea
You're projecting your own insecurity.

That's also what the rest of the people enraged at imagined "disrespect" are doing.

God and the principles upon which America was founded are infinite and immortal, and don't need the "respect" of humans.

>he explains perfectly how integrated patriotism is into our everyday discourse to the point that it inhibits us from progressing as a society. Unlike every other country...

Unlike every country you have a solid constitution and the god-given right to say whatever the fuck you think and own weapons

If patriotism is the sacrifice for a common political culture which respects the concept of natural rights then I can't say I care

Try and talk about "liberty" in the UK and see where it gets you

And I'd add that the fact that Chomsky wants to do away with the fundamental western system is exactly why I do not trust his vision of "progress"

>being patroitic is bad

This thread is dumb and fuck OP for bringing the good name of MLS into this very muscular shitposting spree.

Nice Pavlovian reaction. Have a biscuit.

>the good name of MLS

>Noam Chomsky

yea buddy which days do MLS teams play?

Too many.

this but unironically

NYCFC season ticket holder here. Not only do we play the anthem at our home games but we have a line of NYPD, Marines and FDNY guys all holding their own American flag scarves forming a tunnel that the players run out of before every game. We also play the Canadian anthem when Canadian teams come but I boo the ever loving shit out of it every time it's played to the point where they threatened to take my season tickets away.

America comes above stupid sports and everything else faggot get used to it

Trump's campaign slogan was a vague expression of frustration which appealed to hopeless working class rural whites. They were so hopeless and desperate that they ate it up (whether they're racist or not), similar to the hopelessness from those that were tired of Bush that got Obama elected in 2008.

>a common political culture which respects the concept of natural rights
Which we do not have, as exhibited by literal white nationalists coming into Trump's circle

>tfw this picture is the mid-00s version of the people making Curt Schilling tranny memes now

Honestly our patriotism and america itself should have nothing to do with random meaningless sports.

Which literal white nationalists came to Trump's circle and post how they are actually white nationalists and note, not saying fuck the white race doesn't make you a white nationalist.

>America comes above stupid sports and everything else faggot get used to it

That, and the fight between the left and right in politics leads to virtue signaling from both sides.

If anyone does anything it will lead to controversy.

I like how you said there is a reason for this. It didn't just come out of the blue.

Bannon, and Milo by association (probably others but those are the only two relevant enough for me to know). I don't really care about them enough to know whether they "identify" as white nationalists or not but white nationalists love Breitbart.

>I don't really care about them enough to know whether they "identify" as white nationalists
That was literally your argument. How are they white supremacists? Also love the hint of witch hunting in there. You may not have proof but you know they are. Well done McCarthyism bravo.

The man who insulted racial nationalists on 60 minutes, and the fag with a black boyfriend are white nationalists now?

different words, same agenda, all white nationalists would care about is that there's people promoting the same shit that they like

Threads in which more people talk sense than the people who shitpost reddit tier liberal crocodile tears, are getting pruned!!!

Are you ever going to tell us how they are white nationalists?

By preaching and promoting the same shit white nationalists preach and promote

The Webster dictionary definition of white supremacy is as follows.

>one of a group of militant whites who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation

What have they done that supports this dictionary definition of the term or are you going to reply with another empty, 0 content response?

Being blindly patriotic is bad. If your country is fucking up you should say so.

That stopped working in 2016. Maybe if you repeat that phrase a million more times on everything you dislike about average Americans, Trump will impeach himself.

Greatest fucking ally

Based customer
jk
it's nice soccer found its place in your country
#respect #notallcustomers

>implying the country is fucking up for policing blacks

Why would you watch a sport for shitskins and poor people?

That's the most retarded opinion because you'd be assuming you're OK with letting your anthem be lowered to the level of a stupid sport.
Shouldn't you be reserving the anthem for actual important stuff?
What's next? Anthem before regional hog calling contests?
youtu.be/PRMPQg43wgk

Objectively one of the best national anthems though.