Why is Montreal so much better than the rest of Canada as far as music goes?

Why is Montreal so much better than the rest of Canada as far as music goes?
I mean Vancouver is good and a distant second and Toronto bands / hiphop is total and utter shit.

Halifax used to be better than all of these. Not sure why suddenly Montreal... Vancouver has always had a good set of live venues and record labels.

As someone from western Canada, it pains me to admit that you're right. Population is part of the reason but even then, Quebec seems to be the most artistically developed part of Canada for sure.

My perception Is that western Canadians seem to place less value on aesthetics when compared to Quebec and even Ontario. I hope that changes over time.

>hasn't heard a Quebec french accent
do more research

Montreal is super English, the only people who insist on French there are the immigrant cabbies and low income workers from shitholes like Trois-Pistoles

.....the music here has been shit for a decade
the plateau/mile end is dead people don't make music in this city anymore

What are you on about?
The only people who bother to speak English in Montreal are immigrants who live downtown and university students

this entire thread, including the contradictory arguments is a good summary of Montreal music

>t. has never stepped foot in NDG the point mile end etc etc

>t. has never stepped foot in Cote des neiges, Outremont, Mont Royal, Saint Laurent etc etc etc

you're correct I tend to stay away from sand nigger/literal niggers/slav niggers infested parts of town

DAE le racism is funny XD

its not racism its patriotism
vive le quebec libre

I wish you goddamn stupid fucks separated from the rest of Canada. Like surgically removing a malignant tumour.

it's true tho
Vancouver is the same, the only reason to leave Mt. Pleasant or Strathcona is to go to Wreck or Crab park, and maybe a party on E Hastings

the toronto music scene is absolutely irredeemably shit. plebs dominate the market in this shithole of a city.
is there anywhere in canada where electronic artists are plentiful and the underground electronic scene is alive and well?

as a west coaster I would love to see nothing more than BC and Quebec lance the cancer that has been leaching on to their glory and go it alone while the rest of so called Canada wallows in squalor and stupidity

This. As a toronto resident I can wholeheartedly agree that BC and Quebec are the only redeemable lands that have not yet been infected by the Jewish cancer.

To separate from Canada would be shooting yourself in the foot with a 12 gauge shotgun. Fortunately, it will never happen.

Yeah, instead BC is filled with Asian cancer which is significantly worse.

where's the best place to live in Montreal?

yes but at least they have nice mountains

meh ... just don't go to Richmond
besides the "Big One" will take care of that problem