Can anyone talk to me about Taboo?

Can anyone talk to me about Taboo?

I haven't seen the first episode yet.

Is it worth it so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_(2017_TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The answer is yes.

If you like the era, go for it.

Other than that there isn't much I can tell you, as I've only seen the first episode, which is mostly exposition and an introduction to Hardy's character.

There isn't any incest, Sup Forums is memeing you

So was the first episode good or do you just feel indifferent to it?

Just implied necrophilia

ignore that tard his post was wrong on every level

there is incest between tom hardy and the girl from GoT

Absolute, pure, kino

No I liked it, but I loved the first episode of Westworld too, and that relationship ended poorly.

I'm a fan of the era, and Hardy's character and the context is interesting. I know I'm crossposting at this point but all I could help thinking is "I wish Assassin's Creed Syndicate had been half as interesting as the first hour of this show"

It pulls you in, if you let it. It definitely got me interested in the series, and I'll be watching it weekly, so it did its job as a Pilot.

Really hope it doesn't end up like Westworld. I'm still salty, if you couldn't tell.

You're high you goddamn intellectual heterosexual caucasian male.

Literally the only thing he said was I still love you, distinguishing his feelings toward his late father.

pretty interesting. I just watched episode 2. Im wondering if hes an immortal or something, since he supposedly died.

if you like tom hardy grunting and being a badass (which i do) then yeah

all i'm wondering is if this is the best thing tom hardy has done in a while since his last ten movies have been shit with the exclusion of the revenant.

It was assumed he went down with a ship. That was the last time anyone from England saw him so they never found out they were wrong. I don't think it was implied he came back from the dead.

Too early to tell imo , i think it does look promising tho , and yes there is obviously incest going on that's why the show is called taboo ...

The Revenant sucked to.

watch the second episode you dolt

actually pay attention too no splitscreening it with this site.

Shut the fuck you lying piece of shit

you didn't like Fury Road or The Drop?

fury road was powerfully overrated. it was super fun at best.

>super fun at best.
That's what an action movie should be. Bronson was good.

>super fun at best

i can live with that criticism

>his last ten movies have been shit
>it was super fun at best

wat

was bronson one of his last ten?

Fury Road was fantastic until it blew its load about 20 minutes in

It's got /our"big"guy/ in it, so yes.

Hardy was the best part of it though.

I think that scared white kid that tagged along Hardy might've been the best part.

NECESSARY EVIL

What do you mean?

He and his sister fucked, right?

Not confirmed yet.

He famously said "I am necessary evil" in the Batman movie.

Speaking of bad movies..

yes they confirmed it in episode 2 if you were actually listening when they talked.

It is dusty chimneysweep kino

It's like Mary Poppins if Mary Poppins was a cheap, foul whore with her teeth falling out.

why does she wear the hairpiece?

It's worth watching for Tom Hardy's walk and his choice of hat.

Finally, a good sexy Halloween costume for us guys.

Frisbee it.

So, is that the taboo? That he fucked his sister?

so is the supernatural stuff real or purely delaney's hallucinations from his dark past

There's only been 2 episodes in the UK, right?

What day is it released, Sunday?

The last episode was suppose to be him forming his "Legion of the Damned", but instead he bought a boat, got mad it used to deliver slaves, burnt a boat because a half-caste nigger said the boat owner was trying to kill him, got a load of cash and paid off all the annoying pricks and hired a guy to watch his back.

Is that forming his band? It seems more like he's just setting up shit. Hiring one guy is hardly forming his legion.

It's implying he has super powers, but he is just mentally ill I bet. His ship sunk, so he became a 'savage' in Africa, then learnt the ways of the Africans and how they're noble people and how we're evil for doing the slave trade and blahblahblahblah.

That'll be it.

I say hallucinations. The only thing stopping that is how he knew of all the secret info and shit, which is implied he got it from the dead.

The little girl that brought him to the boat was a ghost. She gave him real information.

Nah, you're just into scared kids you fucking degenerate pervert.

> There's only been 2 episodes in the UK, right?

Yes.

> What day is it released, Sunday?

Saturday.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_(2017_TV_series)

Incest and cannibalism are confirmed, I assume there will be more revealed later on. Maybe necrophilia, beastiality, pedophilia, or interracial.

How did he get rid of his tattoos to make these?

it's great and he hasn't even delivered his big guy yet

>hired a guy to watch his back
Is that what happened during the stolen horse scene? I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying.

it's terribad. basically muh white guilt, mixed with 12 years a slave, mixed with peaky blinders, so you get the idea. that and the dialogue is surprisingly badly written.

>The little girl that brought him to the boat was a ghost.
are you dense?

Literally NOTHING happened in the first two episodes.

You're not Europeen?

>not liking Bronson

I almost forget this was created by Ridley Scott.

I'm really enjoying it. It's slow, and grim, and mostly focused on creating scenes that the actors can really sink their teeth into.

>Legend was shit.

Is there a reason to believe he's wrong? The prostitute never actually says anything about her daughter, she just sort of clams up once he starts pushing her on it. Hardy said in an interview that there would be some twists, so now I'm looking for them.

Next time put subtitles on if you're not European or Brit.

But basically, his horse got stolen, went to see the guy, guy said "what was the biggest and smallest thing you saw in Africa?" and he replies "An elephant" and the other guy goes "Some say they grow to 100ft tall" and then goes "oh your dad owed me a load of money. I'm a smart guy who's writing a book about everything" and Delaney goes "i'll pay you back, give me the horse and you'll now work for me"..

Basically guy stole the horse for attention, asked for money, got hired to be a guy to spy on people and kill people if need be, though Delaney doesn't bother to use it in the episode.

It's enticing without the need for violence and tits every 5 mins like Spartacus or GoT. It's a neat story. Plus you wanna see if it's superpowers or mental illness.

Not true at all. Guy comes back, takes control of estate, tells the guys they won't be getting the land to fuck over the Americans and gets back his shit. In episode 2 he meets a couple of new characters, sorts out legal shit, buys a boat, burns another one down, has some flashbacks then gets stabbed and he rips a guys throat out with his teeth.

Stop memeing user.

I said this a few threads back and people went mental at how stupid the idea was. It does explain how she got away from the boat without him noticing. A 14 year old half-black girl knowing how to swim? Not impossible, but you'd think not.

However she is in the remaining 7 episodes, so she's either going to be a constant hallucination or is an actual live person. I'll go with the hallucination as for for fun. After all, the madam basically went "I don't have a girl called Winter... but I want you inside me right now lol". Basically "Who cares, have a free fuck". So my guess is she was murdered by the madam; or my person belief, was murdered by the boat owner he burnt. The girl did say he did mean things to the girls on the boat. How did she know unless she was there?

Who knows. That's the fun.

The only thing I would add is that we see her in the first ep when he first visits the whorehouse, she looks at him and he doesn't seem to notice her.

So far so good. Probably Fox's best show since I didn't really feel shit from edgy ass Sons of Anarchy.

im pretty sure its Tom hardy and his dads creation, along with the writer.

Thanks for explaining that. I'll definitely use subtitles the next episode.

His dad is the writer. The other member of the team is the Director who also directed Peaky fookin Blinders

Its a BBC show

Who's his dad?

thick cunt yanks

You fucking square to go like then you fucking cunt? Don't you ever call me a fucking septic again or I'll do you one.

what part of european is this talk from?

>Muh Pelts was bad
>Nolan's masterpiece was bad

Where the fuck do you think you are big guy?

This show has no waifus

I will claim the whore with a nosering

I just noticed that. No hot bitches in this one this far.

chip hardy i think. hasnt done much else besides giving mankind the manliest actor ever.

what? Oona Chaplan is gorgeous! and i would think with all the pedo posters thered be people talking about the 13 year old mulato.

Have you ever seen cunnybot post a colored girl?

oh shit youre right. fine ill claim her if no one else will.

>The only thing stopping that is how he knew of all the secret info and shit, which is implied he got it from the dead.
>which is implied he got it from the dead

How about you watch episode 2 first, before you spill your irrelevant opinions here

That guy is a new color. Charcoal and shit.

Blackest of niggers.

The Drop was one of his best performances to date.
Fuck Ryan Gosling and his cool brand of autism. Tom played a way more believable 'sperger.

how can anyone not like Tom? he hates people but loves doges and he's part of the greatest meme of all time. Big guy.

Jump!

ever read the short story its based on. the character of bob saganowsky is a neckbeard

I'd happily contract syphilis from her

>the dialogue is surprisingly badly written.

sums up a lot of bbc dramas desu.

The Chairman of the EIC would not have sworn this fucking much.

God yes its absolutely amazing

You can tell by just two episodios?

Name an instance of badly written dialogue, contrarian