Why are they fucking up so bad?

Why are they fucking up so bad?

What gives? Why are their movies so bad? I can attest to it, Marvel movies aren't good either but they are definitely better than the DC ones by a long mile.

Aside from Nolan no one has made a good DC movie in 2 decades.

>MUH PAID REVIEWS, MUH JEWS
If there's anyone riddled with Jewish nepotism is DC and they're still fucking up so don't even begin to use that excuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/wonder-woman-movie-insider-review-disaster-mess/
vimeo.com/189876347
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man, I was gonna say that at least Superman 2 was good, but that was almost forty years ago now. Feels just like yesterday.

At least Christopher Reeve didn't live to see this.

Time Warner should hurry up and sell to AT&T already. Maybe they can not fuck up every opportunity to build a cinematic universe worth of DC.

Maybe they can get Nolan back, that'd be good.

movieweb.com/wonder-woman-movie-insider-review-disaster-mess/

I know that Nolan only made his trilogy under the understanding that it was set in a world without superheroes, but would there be anything stopping WB going back and using those movies as the start of a new cinematic universe?

Why can't they make good super hero movies anymore?

It took Comcast over a year to acquire a majority stake in NBC/Universal. Then another 2 years to own 100% by buying up all the other shares. I think the FCC will allow it to happen because it's a distributor acquiring a content maker.

So WB will be on this course they've set out and, just as Disney is ramping up marketing for Avengers 4 and Stars Wars at the beginning of 2019, ATT should be in control.

In my mind the Nolanverse did have superheroes during WW2 as the Justice Society (Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Adam Strange, Hawkman etc..) they all eventually retired a few years when it ended. (lack of supervilains, shunned out etc etc)

And the Batman we see in the movies takes place way before Superman is adult or the Flash gets his powers or Aquaman opens up to the world or WW is expelled and a littl bit before Green Arrow quits the millionaire playboy attitude.

They could and should have desu gone that way and have Batman be Dick instead of Bruce.

It's too late for that now, sadly.

No. Nolan doesn't own anything in those movies. They only thing stopping them is Bale, really. He doesn't want to do any more Batman flicks.

Man of Steel was good
Batman v Superman was good
Justice League will be good

It's as simple as that

remember 2015

remember being excited about unseen 2016 flicks

well it's 2017 now and your life is just as shit as before

Weeell, there is good vid that explains the case of "Suicide Squad", user !!

Not necessarily. If Affleck's Batman is well received, WB will pivot the DCEU to Batman and Gotham. Affleck does another 2 solo Batman movies introducing his sidekicks and "hand-off" the franchise to Dick Grayson and Damian.

>Batman v Superman was good
2 (TWO) tent pole superheroes, not to mention #1 and #2 in the top ten of all superheroes of all time, in one movie named after both of them, failed to break the $1 billion mark. That's sad and pathetic, and the movie had good moments, but overall it was not good.

But Affleck is already distancing himself from the project and it has no release window. It could be 4 or 5 years before a solo Batfleck movie happens and the wheels are already falling off of the DCEU.

Nice bait

Man of Steel was good
Batman v Superman was good
Justice League will be good

It's as simple as that

I don't understand why MCU movies get so highly rated. Can someone explain it to me without your console war bullshit? They're not any better or worse than the average DC capeshit. The only capeshit films in recent memory that have actually been "good" are Iron Man, The Dark Knight, and MAYBE The Winter Soldier.

>But Affleck is already distancing himself from the project
>him getting upset about live by night not getting the attention his batman project is getting is now him distancing himself from batman
>mfw

>BvS

>MoS

>bad

I meant with movies already released and the established canon, what i wrote wouldn't work anymore.

And even if they could the executives wouldn't want to pass for the big idiots there by realizing their mess they prefer to keep going with their plan and save theirs faces.

You can stop posting now Zack Snyder.

In a market saturated with boring, one-dimensional, post-camp, ironic superhero stories, this is one that actually aims to be about something and stubbornly refuses to laugh at itself. The problem of evil in religion, the nature of democracy, the state of modern media, fear of power and rejection of outsiders: all feature heavily and enrich the film, but play second fiddle to a simple story of loss, maternal love and the quiet power of hope. There are some welcome breaks from Snyder's distinctive visual style with arresting flashes of colour and a dialling down of slow-motion. The visual dynamism is palpable, but still unswervingly serves the script. Callbacks to Kubrick and Bergman actually feel earned, rather than just glamorous posters used to cover up the cracks in a dorm room's walls. This feels like a thematic culmination for Snyder: the conflict between religion, bureaucracy and machismo from 300, the feeling of parental loss and dream realities from Sucker Punch, which was dedicated to his late mother Marsha and the deconstruction of superheroics from Watchmen. There are few directors working today who could pull off such a monumental undertaking with such fearless style and commitment to singular vision, irrespective of commercial pressures.

They're all 6 or 7s, occasionally dropping to 4s. They're inoffensive, you can bring a group to it and be entertained for the night. They're characters that are only now getting mainstream pop culture, so audiences and critics aren't as invested as DC.

Batman and Superman's tenure in pop culture means everything gets scrutinized. They're held to a higher standard because they are usually the gold standard when it comes to classic superheroes. But when DC hits, it hits higher than everything else except for Raimi's Spider-man. That's why people get so emotional. These are characters the average person has known their entire life, in one way or another, and anything that deviates is met with harsher standards.

I think the reason theyre fucking is beacause they wanna expand dc cinematic universe while also trying to make "meaningful"(dark and edgy) movies, while also trying to catch up to marvel. Its like some guy decided to hold of on a school project and wait til the last minute to do it

>They're not any better or worse than the average DC capeshit.
except they are, and for one simple reason: they're simple and formulaic. They all pretty much follow the tried and true MCU formula and at their worst they're generic enough to not get shit on by your average movie goer. At their best they're safe action pieces that don't try to push any norms. Snyder is a great visual director, but a shit everything else. He hamfists symbolism and philosophy, thinking he's doing it subtly but it's not even high school level. The movies aren't coherent enough for the average movie goer and requires Sup Forums levels of autism and head canon to fill gaps. Also, WB is too involved in cooking the soup.

TURKISH AIRLINES

vimeo.com/189876347

It's shocking to me that adult human beings can actually watch Marvel movies, over and over, and have some actual emotional investment in them. I mean the notion that you can consume this corporate crap, this fucking nonsense masquerading as a movie, over and over, for years. It's just shocking to me. That adult humans don't realize they're being fed creatively bankrupt shit for children.

Like imagine how fucking childish you have to be to actually enjoy this stuff. This derivative, forgettable, dull garbage.

Meanwhile, you have literally one, and only one, director working in the superhero genre today with any integrity or artistic vision. And he's routinely derided and mocked for trying to elevate the genre beyond it's horrible state.

Like, there used to be directors like Donner, or Raimi, or even Nolan early on who had some kind of vision, had some kind of creative spark.

But the corporate machine has pushed them out in favor of... Peyton Reed. Bryan Singer. Scott Derrickson.

I mean, my god. Soon that same machine will have pushed out Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio as well. Because these idiotic manchildren can't stand anything related to superheroes that isn't just dull, dry, forgettable escapism. It's pathetic. Truly pathetic.

Imagine being Pajeet in that scene and having to be all like "damn Marlel, you fuckin' fine, all entertaining with your cuck actors and atrocious PS3 CGI. I would totally shill this flick, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch another DC kino in his barrack bunk. Like seriously imagine having to be Pajeet and not only sit in that chair while the Russo brothers flaunt their disgusting directing skills in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing the amateur CGI and poor rendering, and just sit there, hour after hour, while they perfected the viral marketing strategy. Not only having to tolerate that monstrous fucking scene but their haughty attitude as everyone on the shill baracks tell him Marlel STILL GOT IT and DAMN, FINAL FANTASY CUTSCENES LOOK LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and shill that embarrasingly messy boring flick contort into types of composition you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been shilling nothing but a healthy diet of Pixar and animation kinos and later alleged Star Wars flicks for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the slums in Dehli. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the dullness that's breaking out on the bland airport as the characters stand there to convey a fighing stance, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and shill this "entertaining" (for that is what the execs call this flick)" fun flick, the fun they worked so hard for with focus groups and paid critics in the previous months. And then the shill manager calls for another thread on Sup Forums, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the shill security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Pajeet. You're not going to lose your future hot meals over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Foreshadowing isn't deep.

I'm tired of all this capeshit.
Jesus Christ you fucks are statistically 20+ yo, grow the fuck up.

this guy sums it up pretty well.

Marvel movies are 6-7, with a couple of them being almost 8s like winter soldier or the first iron man for their plot/directing, but they're a fun movie to watch.

DC movies on the other hand all have that shitty overused gritty feel to them, where everything is gray and emo-ish, in their stead to be taken seriously as an 'adult' series, it collapses in upon itself and just looks like your typical grayscale boring series.

This. I'm not even a DC fanboy or anything. I hated BvS, and Suicide Squad was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but Marvel movies aren't much better to me. Age Of Ultron was also one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Fantastic Four sucked. Captain America put me to sleep. I don't remember which one it was, but it was boring.

>I HATE FUN
>REEEEEEEE

t. marvelcuck

and they say marvel pajeet shills and anti-DC posts aren't real lol

>Being this fucking paranoid
What is wrong with you? What wrong turns did your life take for you to reach this point?

This. Its just a stupid post on a website. I mean, there are probably real shills like blacked and shit like that, but this is just an average thread.

The reason D.C. is fucking up so bad is because they are doing everything, literally, backwards. Marvel started off by giving us individual character movies, and then joining them all up together with two avengers movies and civil war. D.C. on the other hand is releasing movies like Suicide Squad and Justice League, and then afterwards they are releasing movies for the individual characters. This doesn't work because with avengers we already had movies showing us their backstory and personalities so we got to know them. While with D.C. we don't have the individual character movies so they had to spend half of Suicide Squad showing us why they were locked up and who they were when we should've gotten to the plot of the movie right away.

There's no nigga in sight who wants DC to succeed more in their respective cinematic universe, but they're fucking up bad, butchering characters I loved as a kid, Hack Snyder is ruining everything with his shitty directing, the plots are convoluted and straight outta a fanfic tumblr.

Because I point this shit out I'm some Marvel shill, these niggas trippin.

Why is Sup Forums so pro Marvel Studios? I don't get it.

When it comes to Marvel Studios' movies, everything is great, everything is hype, everything is awesome. hell there even was a Dr Strange thread and Spiderman sticky.

But whenever a poster appears talking about anyting related to DC being good or BvS looking nice, he's called a shill and there's a tsunami of shitposting. Wonder Woman isn't out and endless repeated threads from an unverified source gets posted almost every hour.

I just dont' fucking get it.

Makes sense.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to toss so many characters in one movie knowing full well what happened to shit like Fantastic Four and Spiderman 3?

They still managed to butcher Green Lantern but a movie like that could never work anyway.

No one here truly thinks that, man. A metric ton of people shit on "LE REBBIT QUIP MARVEL XD" shit with good reason, why on Earth would you think otherwise?

t. butt hurt AVClub nu-male

Why don't you go pound on that keyboard a lengthy college paper essay on why margot robbie's spangled short shorts triggered you while the Big guys here run a train on your gf.

Who DChad here?

>This sperg
Wew.

>This nu-male
phew!

Kys my man, I'd ragdoll the fuck outta you bitch ass nigga.

neck urself my fampai, before i shove in you a locker where you belong. If your polite I MIGHT let you smell my finger.

>acting up on Sup Forums
Nigga sit your ass down before I make you sit. Name your city, I'll go there, we'll meet up in a public place and I'll fuck you up.

14 Branchland Court Ruckersville Virginia, cock sucker. Don't keep me waiting, faggot!

>this what your average capeshit poster looks like

>I can legit get there in two days
You gonna meet up? You gonna show up, pussy?

He said he won't do it if the script isn't "really great" and made sure to mention that there isn't even an outline yet.
But by all means, keep living in denial, DCuck.

The DCEU movies have been incoherent and tonally retarded. By contrast the MCU movies have all been fun, coherent and well made. The MCU movies certainly aren't 94/100 and shit, but the score on Rotten Tomatoes isn't a score of quality. It's just autists and fanboys who think that score is reflective of quality. That score comes from the percentage of positive reviews versus negative reviews, plain and simple.

>babbies' first film class

Except that's blatantly false, fucko. Sup Forums is overrun with contrarian fuckwits that pretend Marvel is shit and Snyder is amazing.

>Ben Affleck wants to promote his Live by Night movie.
>everyone keeps bothering him about Batman.
That's why he's pissed/looks upset.

So can we agree on this list of official superhero movies?

The Avengers
The Dark Knight
X-Men: First Class
Watchmen
The Dark Knight Rises
Deadpool
Dick Tracy
Guardians of Galaxy
Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow
Hellboy
Batman Begins
Batman vs Superman

No.
The Avengers is shit.
Watchmen is shit.
The Dark Knight Rises is shit.
Dick Tracy is not capeshit.
Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow is shit.
Batman v Superman is shit.

Add
Winter Soldier
Ant-man
Dr.Strange
Spider-Man Trilogy by Raimi
and we're good to go

>The Avengers
>The Dark Knight
heres your (you)

Why is every superman fan so anti semetic? Siegel and Shuster were Jewish.

this
also
X-men DOFP
Captain America: Civil War

>superman fan

>4 more years of this shit

>that image
Jesus Christ, is nothing sacred to you peopl?

Is the Dr. Strange blu ray out already?

NAMEK'D

all of those really are poor movies (holy shit, I was mad at AOU, fuck that shit, same with Iron Man 3)

but Iron Man 1 was one of the best superhero films anyone had seen in years (it's not a 10/10, but it's a very solid film), and the other movies have been mostly okay and not irredeemable trash (which was pretty much how superhero movies tended to be, and I'm saying that as a fan of superhero stories and shit) -- they're not good, but they're not going to make you walk out of the theater.

like, people think of like the Daredevil movie, or the 2003 Hulk, or Electra, and absolutely none of the MCU movies even approach being that bad

also, Captain America 2 managed to be pretty good, almost didn't even bother seeing it since the first one was trash

It's like poetry, y'know? It rhymes.

>hey lets do what marvel do and bring out loads of films
>but lets not make them fun lol

Fucking just and cucked into oblivion

Take that back

DC cucks BTFO

do you remember the hundreds of threads repeatedly shitting on BvS and Suicide Squad even before they were released? Countless threads day in and day out blasting DC films left and right even though the movie was shown yet. Same thing happening here with Wonder Woman.

Now let me ask you, did you even see an iota of those humours against Dr. Strange? nada. zip. zilch. zero.

not even one thread.

"When it comes to Marvel Studios' movies, everything is great, everything is hype, everything is awesome"

Because there's insiders in Hollywood who see the movie before it's a final product and tell people it's shit?

That, of course, will raise more eyebrows and make a bigger fuss than "I came from Dr. Strange, it's pretty good".

Which, I might add, was not good at all. Neither was Ant-Man.

in recent interviews he's said
>stop asking me about batman, I'm promoting live by night
>don't worry about batman, I'm working on it, it's going to be great
>seriously, ask me about live by night, not batman
but by all means, keep talking out of your ass.

>least Superman 2
I have to disagree.
I feel like any movie is better than that shit.

>pro Marvel
all capeshit movies suck hard nowadays, except DC movies suck considerably harder than others

Jews now oppose the American dream they themselves helped build.

>Cyborg
CANCEL THIS SHIT THAT NO ONE WANTS TO SEE

Cancel Shazam too and just do a Joker and Henchmen movie

All their problems can be summed up with these two points.

1. Zack the Hack is self-admittedly embarrassed of superheroes and can't treat as what they are.
2. Executives want to make that Avengers money, son, gotta make some o' dat Avengers money.

Iron Man 3 was great, though.
It managed to look deep into Tony's character and still be fun while being the best commentary on the military industrial complex on an Iron Man movie so far, since they like putting that on every Iron Man movie.

Zack Snyder should direct a villain movie

Zack Snyder should kill himself and save us some time.

No, he'd be just as embarrassed about that as he'd be about the heroes.
He should direct a Spawn movie. Or some other 90's edgefest character.

I think DC's problem going forward will be they're doing everything ass-backwards. They're making the JL movie now, but then AFTER that we get all the presumed origin story movies after we've already seen these characters? Or are thy going to try to jam 4 origin stories into JL? It's stupid

Marvel did all the solo movies first, then by the time you got to Avengers you know all the characters and care about whether they live or die. Unless I read the comics (which most normies will not have done), why the fuck should I care about Cyborg?

I always thought a Shazam movie could of worked during the height of Harry Potter's popularity. Probably too late for that now.

> What gives? Why are their movies so bad? I can attest to it, Marvel movies aren't good either but they are definitely better than the DC ones by a long mile.
Kys my man. DC movies have their flaw, SS has the most of it all but they're by a long shot better than any shit marvel as produces
Pro tip : if you prefer Marvel movie to DC than you don't belong on this board and should gtfo Sup Forums

Cyborg looks dumb. But not as dumb as Autistic Nu-Male Flash.

>I think DC's problem going forward will be they're doing everything ass-backwards. They're making the JL movie now, but then AFTER that we get all the presumed origin story movies after we've already seen these characters? Or are thy going to try to jam 4 origin stories into JL? It's stupid
If the movies continue to be as bad as BvS and SS were, it really doesn't matter what order they release them in. WW solo movie is getting some pretty brutal early buzz too.

>why the fuck should I care about Cyborg?
He is black and DCucks are stupid enough to prefer Hal Jordan to John Stuart.

>why the fuck should I care about Cyborg?

Are you racist? Are you George W. Bush?

>they're by a long shot better than any shit marvel as produces
But that's just not true.

>he said a thing so that means he didn't say another thing he said
Why are DCucks so desperate?

>hell there even was a Dr Strange thread and Spiderman sticky.
they get paid to do that

At this point I'm conflicted about the possible early termination of the first DC cinematic universe.
On one hand, everything has been so mangled from the source that it's risking losing fans altogether and will never make justice to any of its characters; on the other hand, the movies are so terrible that each one is a sight to behold.

Show me people saying how great Thor the Dark World or Age of Ultron are.
Oh, nobody's saying that. I guess it's hard to live in the real world when you've decided to "love" the DCEU and "hate" the MCU.