I didn't watch this for the longest time because of "le black science man" memes

>I didn't watch this for the longest time because of "le black science man" memes

Damn this show is good. You should watch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMnWnyLcq-8
science20.com/quantum_gravity/blog/neil_degrasse_tyson_accused_of_rape_astrosh_was_mainly_silent-164563
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*tips fedora*

I don't care for it. I hate the little cartoons.

I really hate the le black science man memes. NDT is legitimately a cool guy and makes science fun and easy for a dumb guy like myself

>show is supposed to be about the nature of the universe and reality
>spend multiple episodes going on about global warming

>i hate the little cartoons
Check out this fucking pleb

No, it's rather boring. Black Science Man comes off as overly insistent, as contrasted with Sagan who knew how to show and not tell.

>letting this shit board influence your opinion

How did you know he was a Christian?

You don't really get to dictate what Cosmos is "supposed" to be. Conservation was a large part of the original cosmos series as well, so the current one is very much in line with it.

Also they do not spend multiple episodes on global warming. Hyperbole is fags you faggot.

>Damn this show is good.
if you really think that, it's because you haven't seen the original, or you're a literal retard.

yeah same

i used to get 420 lol weed and watch for the space HD visuals but they became few and far between

Nah, I'm good. He's a fucking idiot. I mean I know he just presents the information, which I could easily get from any source, but he comes off as a massive faggot whenever he opens his mouth. Anyone who thinks he's cool or smart is a fucking moron.

It's still revisionist shit, you commie dick sucker

>basic science for children

complete waste of time

youtube.com/watch?v=HMnWnyLcq-8

user, how do you want your indoctrination served to you today?
Oh I'll have it with a side serving of fairytales and nigloid science guy plz.

>Like when Neil DeGrasse Tyson quipped that ‘if ever there were a species for which sex hurt, it surely went extinct long ago.’ It’s a perfect Tyson fact, true because it’s basically tautologous, its scientific quality having everything to do with the idea that actual phenomena are just instantiations of abstract laws, and nothing to do with any scientific observation, such as listening to the yelps of cats fucking at night, or to women. Or when his TV show Cosmos described the sixteeth-century astrologer Giordano Bruno as a martyr for science, executed by the Catholic church for proposing a heliocentric solar system. See how the idiots persecute us, the rational, with their superstition and their hostility to objective thought. The reality—that Bruno believed in magic, worshipped the ancient Egyptian god Thoth, and was executed not for heliocentrism but for denying the divinity of Christ—is ignored, because that isn’t Fucking Science Love. Or when he decided that ‘Italy valued cathedrals while Spain valued explorers. So worldwide, five times as many people speak Spanish than Italian.’ A spurious reconstruction of the past from present conditions, or the I Fucking Love Scientific theory of history: successful tribes were populated by little atavistic Carl Sagans; if Italians didn’t slaughter millions in the New World it isn’t because the peninsula was at the time fractured into multiple city-states (some of them occupied by, uh, Spain) which supplied significant amounts of capital rather than colonists, it’s because they weren’t interested in spaceships.

t. Walking Meme

>But all this is pedantry, the perverse insistence on how the world is, the total apathy to how it could be different. Pedantry could be broadly defined as a hostility to metaphor, the demand that every object stand for itself and nothing else, that words function in the same way as numbers. Which is why it’s pointless to criticise Neil deGrasse Tyson or the I Fucking Love Scientists for being the pompous, self-important, and utterly cretinous pedants that they are: it’s just falling back into their own dismal, boring logic, insisting that a thing is what it is rather than something else. It won’t help you, lying dazed on the lino, the blood now spluttering in half-congealed dribs from your arms, running diagonally to the corner of the room, where the cat is skittishly starting to lap it up with tiny flicks of its tongue. You lie there, and you try to remember if you ever did really go into outer space. It was so black out there, you remember. And all the stars were so far apart.

You faggots are so petty. Wasn't even a real guy. Was an actor pretending to be a guy from the 50's when literally all men wore hats like that.

*tips fedora*

Space is fucking gay

The show is for people who don't know anything about science basically look at these cool visuals of the universe

>show titled "cosmos"
>like 1 episode actually about cosmos

What you know as "space" is actually the void between celestial objects, and therefore can neither have sexual intercourse, nor have a sexual orientation.

Space exploration is a shitty meme and NEEDS TO END

>le space tie

why doesnt my accountant have a tie that looks like microsoft excel?

>if ever there were a species for which sex hurt, it surely went extinct long ago
Don't wolves basically get locked together very painfully until they're finished?

God this guy tries way too hard

it's supposed to be science, global warming is a hoax.

That was the most unwieldy copy-pasta i have ever read.

>what scientists studied, write about, and believe isn't science
ok

no, you're thinking of the black guy

That's the point. Fucking is not enjoyable for say, cats, and if tyson wasn't an unaware fool he might have noticed that.

Jesus Christ you are such a fucking idiot

I have come to the scientific conclusion this is bait

Oh FSM, how I hate Christians

Also those beetles who crack their partner's shell with their spear cock.

This. Just watch whatever the fuck you want.

While your broke loser ass is posting on Sup Forums.

>worshipped the ancient Egyptian god Thoth

was he one of us?

you cannot prove the animal doesnt enjoy this

>ill just call you an idiot instead of using an argument i cant back up :)

>and was executed not for heliocentrism but for denying the divinity of Christ

So much better!

You should also check out the original one too.

neil_degrasse_tyson_accused_of_rape_astrosh_was_mainly_silent

In case you missed it, I was a grad student in Astronomy at UT Austin, the same time that Mr Tyson was there. I was studying Galactic Astronomy with the de Vaucoleurs. My dream was to become the first Black Female Astronaut. I was like 15 years ahead of Emma Mae Jamison. I went to his apartment to visit like I did almost every day. He was like my big brother, or so I thought. He offered me a glass of water. I accepted a liquid in a cup made out of a coconut shell. I recall coming back to consciousness briefly, then next thing I remember is seeing him in the hallway the next day. I have lived in this nightmare for 30 years, and it stops today.- Tchiya Amet October 2014 quoted verbatim.

science20.com/quantum_gravity/blog/neil_degrasse_tyson_accused_of_rape_astrosh_was_mainly_silent-164563

it's very casual science though

You'd rather have your feefees accounted for uh?

Cool, liberals wouldn't exist

>astrologist woman so butthurt her field isnt real she accuses an astronomer of rape

>one-line Constitution: All policy shall be based on the weight of evidence

instantly pictured a nightmare world where an AI dictator executes anyone who exhales too frequently

>Reporting a rape 30 years later.

This is just to get attention, even if it is true (which I doubt), something that long ago leaves with no proof to your case, so what are you trying to accomplish?

literally r*ddit: the show

>le ship engine whirling noise in space