What's the stupidest mechanical thing in Star Wars?

What's the stupidest mechanical thing in Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qbBdixsqC3U
youtube.com/watch?v=7CR8fmF0gt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mechanical rats on the Death Star.

>inb4 million page wookipedia article about how they weren't "mechanical rats" and they were actually vital to the empire's success or something

burning the robots feet

They weren't mechanical. There were actual rats inside them

youtube.com/watch?v=qbBdixsqC3U

The shuttles with the wings which doesn't make sense since you don't need them in space and I swear with every movie the wings on these shuttles get bigger with episode 7 kylos ship has wings that make up 70% of its length

>cleaning droids are stupid

>Acting like Kylo is important

it's hard to choose only one. but something that's always been fucking retarded: tie fighters
>solar panels
>cockpit window only facing forward, restricting your vision
>retarded solar panels sticking out blocking what little peripheral vision you had to begin with

maybe they had cameras around them. and wait, those were solar panels? I always thought they were shields or some shit

whats his name christensen

why would TIE fighters need solar panels anyway? They're kept on board Star Destroyers when not in battle, it's not like they're running off their own power for months out in space.

>million page
Articles are always 1 page, you just scroll down m8

don't get me started with this vehicle. What's its purpose anyway? Glad they scrapped it.

my vote is for the buzzdroids in the opening of Revenge of the Sith

So you have combat ships that drop tiny droids that latch onto enemy ships and use a piece of shit little laser to cut them open. Why not skip 90% of that and just have bombs? For each buzzdroid that lands on an enemy ship there's like a 10% chance it will actually do its job rather than getting knocked off/destroyed/whatever. Meanwhile for each guided bomb of the same size that hits an enemy ship there's a 99% chance it's going to instantly fuck it up

It makes as much sense as WW2 submarines not firing explosive torpedoes but instead dudes with scuba gear and a pistol, hoping that once they hit an enemy ship, they'll be able to climb on and commandeer it

but ships aren't always in space, they have to land and travel in planet's atmosphere sometimes

Fuck off it was cool

you're applying our technology and logic to SW universe. in SW universe those little shits were apparently easier to make than guided bombs

HEY! Don't bully.

but they already have bombs, and clearly the AI for them to find and latch onto ships.
In the previous movie Jango Fett had those explosives where each one annihilated fifty asteroids. They were smaller than the buzzroids. Just tie one of them to a buzzdroid and have it go off once it latches onto something. If weight is an issue use 1/100th of the charge in them because you don't need to blow up the entire vicinity of the ship too, just a tiny bit of it

BB8 just doesn't look like a mechanic droid, it looks like a toy.

This.

it's star wars, do not think about technology there in modern terms, think more like 70s technology imagined to be futuristic by 70s people. yes, boba fett had guided misles, but robo-imps are easier and cheaper to make. I know it would not make any sense in our world, but in space fantasy world it works like that.

Weren't they heat sinks/radiators/cooling panels of some kind???

I guess they're meant to be reusable
They land on one ship take it out move on to another without destroying themselves like bombs would

WHY HAVE DRONES WHEN YOU HAVE NUKES !? ?! !?! ! ?!? !?!

youtube.com/watch?v=7CR8fmF0gt8

it just stands there and tugs on a lever..

the death star is big, here soldiers follow this thing so you don't get lost.
some how thats a bad idea?

They were smarter roombas that doubled as a way to guide people to their posts. What's so bad about that?

IG 88 was somehow a killer robot but had no hands other than some shitty tongs and looked like it could not stand back up if you knocked it down.

Compared to Fett and Dengar who looked reasonably capable that robot always stuck out as incredibly stupid to me.

I'm sure there's some EU bullshit about how great it is but it just looks stupid.

give the guy a break, he used to be a distillery.

Different manufacturers and the last time anyone ever actually had a war was a 1000 years ago. When you get into really old Star Wars stuff, you get things that look saner in design that become lost technology later on. It's like how conventional slugthrowers are the best thing a non-force user could wield against the Jedi, yet virtually nobody used them in the war because by then they were an esoteric technology that only the Sand People still held onto.

Witness the Space!Weisel.

shutup and buy.

yes, that specific droid is very basic looking and simple because it's designed to operate on industrial planets with extreme temperatures that melt sophisticated and more expensive droids

You're fucking retarded

Sound in space
Ever since someone brought it up I cant experience star wars media without thinking about it.

>acting like A E S T H E T I C S for things like ship design don't matter in a science fantasy setting like Star Wars

*gonk*

"No, go away, we don't want to buy any gonk. or deathsticks, either."

*gonk*

"someone shoot that fucking thing."

Just pretend you're hearing the noise through the pressurized cockpits, if you're worried about it that much.
You probably have autism.

Again, this all has to be taken under the backdrop that the last major war prior to the Clone Wars happened almost a thousand years ago. Coruscant knew no real conflict larger than the occasional gang war for multiple lifetimes, and the majority of their weapons were reverse-engineered from rusty old museum pieces using industries that might have gone extinct in the interm.

This is what happens when your average country with no experience in making vehicles of war tries to build a tank. As you can see, it's inferior to its contemporaries; in fact, it's worse than the Renault FT, which was designed 100 years ago.

i always liked to think the sounds in space came from speakers in the cockpit, and helped the pilot locate the ships around him. they were tied to the radar system and also handled incoming fire, playing PEW PEW PEW sounds. with good stereo placement you'd even be able to tell which direction it was coming from.

Well sounds from explosions could work if you imagine the expanding gasses hitting the hull of the ship

and yet he almost managed to take over the galaxy

>that story where he places his intelligence inside the Death Star II
>uses his newfound power to randomly close the doors on Sheev

>Sheev tries to use the force to open the doors
>he can't despite his force prowess, to open hydraulic doors
>IG-88 gets bored and looks for something else to do

The EU and everyone involved in it's creation/continued existence should be wiped from history.

It has already been made not canon. Most of it anyway. Some of the video game EU is canon though.

they were cute!

BB-8

That is not enough. It needs to be burned. All of it.

>he doesn't print out wookiepedia articles on his bubble jet with waterproof ink to read in the tub

Smh

Count Dooku's shitty curved, limp-dicked looking saber. It never killed anybody but himself.

t. mouse

so this a jenny thread now?

fuck off his saber was cool. We need more fencing-style saber wielders. If lightsabers are weightless, they would make most sense that way.

literally giant batteries with legs.