I just watched American Psycho for the first time. Anyone care to explain what happened in the end?

I just watched American Psycho for the first time. Anyone care to explain what happened in the end?

I think he got some digits like these

noone cares for what he did (wheater it was real or not), because everyone in his social circle is shallow, self absorved, selfish, inconsequential and, most of all, replaceable

What an awful movie.

what awful digits
check these out

Why can't anyone in this thread get some beautiful digits like mine?

its hip to be square

This, but it happened and the director confirmed it.

after you check these

what digits faggot

Well, most of it happened, but not all. The scene with the atm asking for a cat and everything that followed probably didn't happen.

he checked these dubs

noice

What are "digits"

This.
After reading the book the movie seems like it was made by Disney.

He didn't kill anyone.

checked motherfucker

get on my level

for you

Are all dubs in this thread gonna be 11s?

It's up to the viewer. It either was all in his mind or people didn't care/covered it up.

>87

NIIIIIIICEE

This is one of the few books where the film realluy doesnt, and cannot, do it justice. The books are able to highlight bateman's self absorption and psychosis so well with the pages and pages of incoherent, internal monologue on fashion or sex. Also, the film doesnt really grasp the vapidness of the conversation well enough. Everyone is too engaged and caring compared to the books.

Still a great film though.

Fag

fucking checkd

FORE
O
R
E

Same with Filth - a worm covers pages and pages of the book Impossible to adapt.

AP did make a good film though imo

It all happened, but basically he got off scott free because

A. People assumed he was too much of a pussy to actually commit these crimes
B. Outwardly, he is exactly like all his peers, to the point were one could stand in for another and no one would notice. You see his identity being mistaken or applied to someone else several times in the movie, giving him an alibi, and making it appear as though his coworker he killed wasn't actually dead (he was confused for another person.) This is all meant to spoof the vapid and shallowness of yuppie culture.

I personally thought it was a double good ending, with many repeating symbols.

*Breathes in deeply*

Yes

noice

I don't know what to believe anymore.

come on numbers don't let me down

Agreed. Filth is very good but cutting out the worm removes so much of the dramatic tension because the whole point is the guy's descent into degeneracy and psychosis is literally not his fault.

Do these digits impress you guys enough to get me (you)s?

WHATS HAPPENING GUYS

keep trying

Greetings. My name is Patrick Bateman™, and I have contacted you for important matters.

I have taken notice to your post. It is of high quality™, but it's not the contents of the post that I'm interested by, it's the post-number.

Your post-number is unlike any other that I've ever seen. It is unique, as no other will ever obtain your distinct strand of numbers, but that is not the only unique thing about it.

Look at the numbers at the very end. Take a close look at them, and you might even realize it, too. Your post-number has ended in repeating digits, that is why I am contacting you.

I don't want to seem like a bother, as I understand that you're very busy crafting hundreds of quality™ posts such as the one I am replying to, but this is a matter more important than posts. It's a matter of life and death.

Here on Sup Forums, it is the most important rule of all that repeating digits much be checked and kek'd, that is why I am contacting you. I am here to check and kek your repeating digits, for it is a matter of religious importance.

So, after all this patience and discussion, I will now check your repeating digits. Here I go: #Checked

Now that your repeating digits have been checked by me, it is now time for me to leave. I cannot spend all day checking your repeating digits, no matter how much I love them. The reason? More digits must be checked.

Regards, Patrick Bateman™.

I look forward to meeting you, mr. Bateman.

Wait wait wait, lets see Bateman's card.

Paul Allen has a superior card and digits

why was he so rude towards bateman/halberstram?

go back to r3dd1t

He's just smug in general.

bret easton ellis is a hack though

No, the fag that wanted to fuck Bateman obviously has the best card.

Because he landed the fisher account

Not unless you can explain what happened in these dubs.

what dubs you faggot

Luis Carruthers

I always wondered, did Bateman decide to kill him because he had the best card, or because it was the worst card?

I'm bad at card quality. Good at dubs though

I certainly don't deny that.

I think Bateman was miring too much the golden font, looked sick.

I'll admit it, I watched the movie after spending several years on Sup Forums. So when I finally saw that scene where he's next to the audiophone or whatever it's called I was like :"OH THATS WHERE THE DUBS GUY COMES FROM" and it made me appreciate the movie so much more. 10/10 imo

nice try, you can't delete your shame.

The ATM sure but everything else did happen. It's just a lot more clearer in the book.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

pls based baseman gimmie some digits

fuck you bateman

Precisely the reason why I refuse to read the book

Nice.

But yeah, I wondered this myself. I couldn't figure out if it was out of jealousy over an awesome card or disgust over a a tasteless one.

you mean... these?

This is pretty anecdotal, but I asked a graphic designer friend of mine about the cards. He thought that, from a design standpoint, Bateman easily had the worst, and the other guy had the best.

I'm currently reading the book, and the difference is staggering. It's the only book I've ever had to actively put down after reading a particular passage because I have to process some of the shit going on. Multiple times.
There's just no way you could make it into a film. Not just because the current social climate would get offended at all the killing of women and use of the word 'fag' but also because there's just too much going on that wouldn't come across in film.

That being said, I actually liked the film. I thought it was fucked up enough to make a statement even if it could never be as deep as the book.
I honestly love both for different, but similar, reasons.

Source?

Agreed the book was almost too much and I'm pretty desensitized.

The card was better. His reaction says it all, its pretty easy to interpret. Also he could get a rez at Dorsia.