Just got out of an early screening of The Masterpiece...

Just got out of an early screening of The Masterpiece, movie about the making of Tommy Wiseau's The Room directed by and starring James Franco

Thoughts

>much better than I expected
>funny as fuck
>dramatic at the right parts
>James Franco's performance was fucking amazing, I forgot it was james franco and genuinely was Tommy and believed him as a character
>never seen The Room myself

Have you read the book?

Nope, the movie doesnt mention the book at all now that I think about it

Thats because Tommy hates the book and he demanded this movie to be re-edited to get rid of a lot of stuff.

So was this decent tho?

Did they explain how Tommy had to hold a water bottle and throw it during the i didnt hit her line cos he keot forgetting the line?

Oh shit i didnt know that, I went into this movie blind but yeah it was a whole lot of fun; honestly one of the funniest movies about "hollywood" ive seen in a while

And yes, that was an entire scene in the movie and it was funny as shit, the whole theater was laughing

when is this getting a wide release? I feel like I've been waiting forever for it

Was Nathan there? Is he for you?

i've read the book and i`ve been wondering
Did the film include Tommy's flashback when he was a kid living in a communist state and trying to get to the USA.
And does the film ends with Greg looking at Tommy right before the film starts and he sees him crying?

>I forgot it was james franco and genuinely was Tommy and believed him as a character

this is all I care and want to know about

I dont know what you're talking about youll have to explain

The movie presents Tommy's background as a complete fucking mystery, ends with saying its still unknown to this day

And actually no its a happy ending but we do see tommy crying

As in I genuinely believed his character

thanks for the answer mate, another question, does the film jumps between the making of The Room and how greg became friends with Tommy? or its in chronological order?

Its overall in chronological order, tommy meets greg, they move to LA and then follows to the making of the movie

>doughy Chris R
Nah

do we get Greg's mom fucking his life up?
do we get Greg getting the card from tommy on christmas while filming puppter master retro?
do we get Tommy's flashback or story about the car crash ?

is this a parody or a documentary?

Any nudity in the film?

was it a comedy? the movie should be funny but not a comedy

damn, James Franco actually made a good movie?

They claim his acting is nuanced and complex in 'I Am Michael" which I'm not very interested in. I definitely want to see this film though, I might read the book too.

what the fuck?

I would pay a lot of money to watch Behind the scenes of the original The Room. Why doesn't Tommy release a "Making of" ?

Was there a scene in which Tommy orders warm water in a restaurant?

>Greg's mom fucking his life up
Greg's mom did nothing wrong. Everything she said was/came true.

He's the most based actor there is right now, prove me wrong.

Just the chick that plays Dave Franco's girlfriend.

aaaand whatever you say doesn't matter

are you saying alison brie is naked in this?
I'll see it just for that desu

My 2 biggest concerns are all the celebrity cameos and the comedy style of rogen/franco
(I genuinely thought le weed man was holding franco back, but "why him" was fucking awful)
so are the cameos distracting/unnecessary?
Is the comedy frasier tier or is it just typical rogen shit that only frat boys like?

Do you think it'll get an R rating or a PG-13?

Was the girl from The Sopranos who played the actress that played Lisa naked at all? I need to know this for reasons.

The book is one of the best things I've read in about a decade and I'm not being facetious at all when I say that.

Did they give you all an idea of when it might be available to see in cinemas?

This. Answer this.

Glad you saw it, OP, but you're a fucking newfag.

>hasn't read the book
>hasn't seen the room
>double dubs
it's not fair
why did someone with seemingly no interest in this luck into such fortune?

Bump

Does it end on the Room's premiere in the theater, like in the book? I genuinely loved the book's ending I hope they didn't change it.

No, you 100% did not.

>Oh shit i didnt know that,

That's because it's not true.

Damn, i watched The Room for the first time last week and i didn't know about this new film

blu-ray release date when? i don't live in USA and this film probably will no get a release across the world

Why would the movie mention the book? The movie is based on it.

Pity that all of the Tomasz Wieczor stuff/Paris backstory is going to be omitted from the film.

I feel like it'd have been tough to truly give the book the adaptation it deserves without either the run time being too long or being two kinos, which would just be ridiculous.

Why would alison brie get naked in this movie?

Yeah, I think Tommy likes the book, I heard that he calls it the "red bible."

After all Disaster Artist isn't just: CHECK OUT WEIRD STUFF TOMMY WAS DOING ON A SET LMAO.

Yeah but it adds a lot more depth and understanding to who Tommy is.

After the book I wanted to hug Tommy.

>actually made a
I think we are being trolled

>The book is one of the best things I've read in about a decade
fucking pleb