There will never be a sequel

There will never be a sequel.
We will never get Ron Perlman in full get up again.

A million comic book movies and we don't get a fucking sequel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHF8Dbxm5ZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it wouldve been the first great comic book film trilogy

Fuck this gay earth

Hellboy is the only true creative comic series anymore, and they fucking killed it's movie adaptations.

Their might not be a sequel, but bet your ass in 5 years they will try and reboot it.

Was golden army that fucking bad? I remember liking it for the most part and i also remember that he sings. After that it's kinda fuzzy.

Del Taco is responsible for two of the best capekinos in Blade 2 and Hellboy 2. Especially Hellboy 2.

>all that Lovecraft shit in the first one before it was cool
>all those set pieces in the second like the troll market
>all those practical effects like all the make up with little to no CGI
>all that weird imagery
>that nazi robot man
>Hellboy punching old women
>all those badass guns and weird magic weapons and monsters

Why? Why wasn't it successful? What the fuck is wrong with people? All that effort, and almost no one cared.

Del Toro really is too good for his own good.

The animated movies are good. And the comics are plentiful and far superior in visual style and story telling.

No it was great. It received better praise than 1 too.

Pretty sure it also broke even, but that wasn't enough to motivate the studio to give Del Toro 3.

too weird. and unfamiliar

Can I start with bdpd(whatever it's called) or should I just go chronologically?
If it matters, the only thing I care about is the art.

fucking normies

Poor Ron Perlman

Golden Army is better than the first imo.

>when he kills that tree creature and the villain lays a guilt trip on him about it being the last of its kind

lol look at his posture. it has never been more clear to me that Hellboy is actually a fat old man in a suit than it is in this picture.

ITT - ________ ___________ ___ ____

A lot of the lore wasn't introduced in a way that normies could just eat it up. Things weren't explicitly explained by characters in the
>"so you're telling me that [thing] is from [place] and the only way to stop it is [blank]???"
>"actually, [explains whole background for said threat]"
People couldn't just roll with the world as it was introduced. Add in a multitude of practical effects and complex worlds (like the troll market where barely any creature was repeated) and it's potentially overwhelming for somebody who just wants to easily understand.

Golden Army was amazing. One of the best scenes was when the spectral Doc took over a golem and started smashing away. Fuck, I need to rewatch this now.

im not canadian though. nice digits btw

Why can't we have a Plague of Frogs TV series? I was reading War on Frogs yesterday and it was some of the hypest shit.

I doubt he's poor in any way. Maybe he'll have some screentimein Death Stranding. Rumours are, Gosling already there.

First one had amazing love triange, too bad they decided to get rid of it.

>the troll market where barely any creature was repeated
this was beyond awesome and has more life and charisma than any fucking market in the whole Star Wars franchise with the exception of the cantina.

>thought first movie was very fun
>second movie was even more fun. loved everything, including (especially) the dumb ending
>never going to get to see a third.
>endless spiderman remakes and horseshit like BvS instead

kill me

Hellboy is all chest and abs. He really needs to change his routine.

We denounced true saviour of capeshit, we were too ignorant to recognise his genius. Endless amount of same superhero films is a punishment for our sins.

He tried to save us from Transformers too, and we still failed him.

Del Toro is literally too good for this sinful earth.

When he dies, I'm sure every one of his movies will grow in popularity and in 20 years from now, they'll try to remake all of them.

>that Pacific Rim play around gigantomania

It's like I'm back into my childhood nightmares.

youtube.com/watch?v=aHF8Dbxm5ZE

That scene where he pilots it back to the arctic shore by himself and it just smashes into the ice like a dying man is to this day one of the most impressive scenes when it comes to robots in movies.

You really did get the feeling of how fuck huge those robots were, he did a great job portraying their size.

Hellboy 3 will be the last hurrah for cape, defining the end of its overwhelming presence in Hollywood, which is to say we won't be seeing it for quite some time. My estimate is 7 years minimum.

It will be a movie that elevates the expectations of normies beyond the point that the shitty forced meme capeshits can achieve.

Yet the movies paled in comparison with the books.

They were still fucking amazing with what they captured, but it was like a fanfic of the original comics.

Well, it pretty much was since Hellboy and Liz were never a couple. Still, it was pretty sweet. They just painted the series into a corner with that romance.

Anyone else want just some stand alone Hellboy movie about him and Abe fighting some random evil on some past mission?

Everyone go out and buy all the Hellboy stuff you can, see if that helps.
Even if it doesn't you'll still come out a winner

Hellboy working on cases is incredibly comfy, no matter how horrifying the set-up is. Wish I'd had these as a kid so my mom could've read some of those short-stories for my bedtime.

If by "movie" you mean monster-of-the-week tv series with over arching plot than yes.

B.P.R.D. TV series, please. Netflix maybe?

Is that even feasible for the amount of work it took to get Perlman and Sapien's actor into character?

Didn't it take literally like 6 hours for each of them? These movies were legit hard to make. I don't know if a tv show is feasible, at least not with the same level of quality. It would probably wind up like that Agents of Shield show.

No dreams or hopes allowed, huh.

you're allowed to read all by yourself, now that you're a big boy.

I guess it could be done as a mini series on Netflix or something. Have a huge budget for like 4 hour long episodes.

It would have to get really popular to be successful though.

Would an animated series be better?

I'd prefer animation to be honest, in Mignola's style.

skip bprd,
read the first 5 hellboys compilation books.
you can probably skip the ones after (the arts done by mignolas "students") and go straight for Hellboy in Hell

Doesn't change the fact that I'd have enjoyed it as a kid.

> the only thing I care about is the art
That's terrible. Mignola's art might be unique and amazing, but the stories in Plague of Frogs got pretty amazing and they weren't badly drawn at all just because it was someone else.

>Would an animated series be better?
It COULD be.

could someone please post the racist Ron Pearlman copy pasta

Completely agree I love the sense of mass they have

Get the fuck over yourself you little bitch

wouldn't it hurt like hell to cut off his horns cause there's blood vessels at the base?

Why yes, yes it would. Not as much as getting laughed at for not being able to wear a hat though.

SHILLS PLEASE FUCKING LEAVE

It's like the same people trying to make Brendan Fraser happen again. It's not happening.

Both movies only managed a small profit from theatres but made a lot from DVD/bluray sales, kinda like the riddick movies.

Actually rumours that they are currently working on something but it's possible that it's a reboot

IRC it came out in the same timeslot as TDK, it was a death sentence.

>when he kills the tree creature and the villain lays a guilt trip on him about it being the last of its kind
That was truly a stirring scene. It was a huge internal conflict for the audience as well. How easy is it to kill a creature so life-bearing and unique with a clean conscience? You don't.

Nobody is a shill, Zack.

the animated hellboy movies were fun.

an anime series of the entire mignolaverse would be the best

It tried to kill him and a baby along with a bunch of other people so fuck it

>the animated hellboy movies were fun.
the animation and style is shit though. I mean im guessing it would be hard to make every frame of animation look like Mignola's drawings but why even bother if it looks shit

I heard Pacific Rim 2 is a go?
and it was announced earlier no such thing would happen.

I still have hope for Hellboy 3

I watched this on regular old tv last night
It looks great, the sets are great, the costumes are great, the main character is great, the effects are great

Why isn't it better?

I can't help but feel Hellboy should be a tv series, it'd work with Buffy levels of threat and personal drama

Pacific Rim is made by another director, I bet it's another cash cow.

Prince Nuada was the only comic book villain that I liked in a cape movie. He had a good motive and was threatning.

Fucking plebs don't see the work and passion that was put into it