POTC 1

>POTC 1
>Jack Sparrow is a wacky drunken pirate trying to get his ship back

>POTC 2/3
>Jack Sparrow is literal jesus and one of the pirate lords and responsible for the fate of the entire world

Why do they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4XBjcaRKZyA
youtube.com/watch?v=sNj8mJq65i4
youtube.com/watch?v=dvdrCPr3gDQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>Jack Sparrow is literal jesus and one of the pirate lords and responsible for the fate of the entire world

He was still a wacky drunken pirate in those on top of being jesus at least.

I Knew I would love jack sparrow the moment he rode into shore on his mast.

GOAT OPENING

One of Depp's best roles

Yeah that always rubbed me the wrong way too.

What even happened in 4 again?

Jack meets tough pirate chick whose father is Blackbeard and they go on an adventure to find the fountain of life and then they find out you have to take life to give life so Blackbeard dies to save tough pirate chick who was actually Jack's master plan all along and Barbossa was just being cool throughout the movie and some shit about mermaids I dunno

In the end Jack ends up with a whole bag of ships

Man I liked the look of davey jones crew in 2 but I remember watching 3 in theatres and the part with calypso just fucking off or something after they do all that work and then theres like 4 ships firing at each other in the whirlpool I just stopped looking at the screen I think. I was disappointment.

tip: never watch the potc sequels

The scale got too big IMO, all the other ones in the series were personal, even 4

yeah now find a way to travel back like ten years to tell me that cunt

The point is that they should have never trusted Calypso. She played along to be released but then she just fucks off back home and lets the humans die

The problem is when you make the characters within the film to react to that one character just like the audiences reacted to him.

I like the three Pirates movies and I don't think they've ruined much of the spirit of the first one (just a bit). But in 2/3 they had all their attentions to Jack as if Jack had an amazing magnificent legacy at being a wacky pirate. In the first one, he was amazing but the characters around him were either "can you believe this guy?" or "Jack? Yeah, Jack is a great fella". There is this scene in which he gets slapped by the girls, good joke, everyone laughs, implies an interesting past for Jack. But then in the others he is a pirate lord, everyone just wants him specifically for everything, he knows every mythical character ever, his father is Keith Richards, etc...

>one of the pirate lords

Never made sense to me, seeing as all the other lords seemed to run piracy in their respective areas of the world and Jack was just a fuckup who seemingly was captain of nothing for at least ten years between Barbossa's mutiny and the end of the first movie.

>Jack is a pirate lord which is apparently a big fucking deal
>Barbossa is also a pirate lord
>These two seem to occupy the exact same territory even though it's implied that pirate lords are regional
>One pirate lord was working under another pirate lord on the same ship
>Barbossa left Jack to die on an island twice without getting his piece of eight first, which is also a big fucking deal
>These two fought to the death and neither was concerned with the other pirate lord's successor or piece of eight, or their own for that matter
They really do just ignore the first movie after the fact

The second movie Jack's role was still rather subdued. Third movie he's jesus.

Calypso causes the whirlpool you goose. Davy Jones implies it as much by whispering her name as it happens and as he dies.

he is /ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=4XBjcaRKZyA

>Creating a 60 billion hour film franchise from a 15 minute theme park ride

There's your problem. The first film was great though.

comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=sNj8mJq65i4

N O T H I N G
W R O N G

The whole movie we are warned the Spanish are coming

They arrive in the last 5 minutes and fuck up everyone's shit

Honestly they were the only based part of the movie for me

That's one fucked up beep test.

how exactly did they tie themselves to the mast

with a rope

you guys should read the book. it'll make a lot more sense.

Mermaid side story was qt

Sea turtles.

>The second movie Jack's role was still rather subdued. Third movie he's jesus.
I kind of see that. And a lot of people like 2 but not like 3.

But I thought 2 and 3 were written and directed at the same time, wasn't it so? Why are they so different.

They had someone else tie them, the others were happy to oblige because they wnted to make those idiots suffer

Also, any time a character is tied to a mast willingly it's a reference to The Odysessy

isn't that related to sirens though?

>love Davey Jones
>hate POTC 2/3
fuck

Wouldn't having all the canons falling around inside the ship like that fuck it up massively?

Yeah, and he also does it purely for greedy purposes, he could've put wax in his ears like everyone else

What did they mean by this?

"It was shot back-to-back with At World's End," so I suppose that means they started 3 right after wrapping up 2. As for why the script shit the bed so bad with 3 who the hell knows.

>Pirate lords
>Pirate king
>We HAVE to rescue Jack
>Entirety of the East India Trading Company flees after Beckett's ship is sunk
>Chow Yun Fat is underutilized
>Marriage scene

Fucking hell.

Masters Pintell and Ragetti are not bound to the laws of nature.

at worlds end blew ass

Got me to guffaw, thanks user.

>Calypso causes the whirlpool you goose. Davy Jones implies it as much by whispering her name as it happens and as he dies.
Yeah but the plan was that Calypso would help the pirates, which she didn't.

the whirlpool is the help

I like them because it is as close as I'll ever get to see a movie version of pic related.

with their cocks linked together

that marriage scene was GOAT
I've always seen that as Calypso shittong on all humans and fish-like humans equally

>We HAVE to rescue Jack

>2nd movie ends with everyone agreeing to go rescue Jack out of their own free will from wanting him back
>for some reason there's now some sort of dire obligation to get him back?
>everyone has their own selfish motives for wanting him back instead of just because they miss him
>Jack fucking calls them out on this

That was sort of the point, they were totally fucked, outgunned and outnumbered, and their only hope was the fact they had a sea goddess trapped. Of course once she's freed she doesn't give a fuck about any of this petty bullshit and just decides to vent her anger by swallowing ships up indiscriminately, and it just so happens to work out that the East India Company guys get more BTFO because we need a happy ending.

This thread reminds me how consistently my country fucks up this series localization
>first one is simply called First Moon Curse with POTC as a subtitle
>switch to POTC-subtitle with the second one
>fourth is basically called "at seas end"
>new one is called Salazar's revenge
Is it an european thing or only Italy fucked this bad?

well.. ture.. too bad Sparrow is annoying af

new one is also called Salazars Revenge in Poland. what the fuck is their problem? they did that all across Europe?

at least the PotC sequels kept his demeanor to be that of a drunken pirate, I suppose

in Hungary too

Bootstrap's bootstraps!

Same here, probably a studio decision

La maledizione della prima luna é molto più epico di Pirati dei Caraibi

at least we don't have to wait so much for a better pirate story

What the fuck, why

Yeah that annoyed me even more in GotG
>go in with a friend not knowing anything about it
>flick starts with some comfy small-scale space exploration
>turns into some superhero saving the universe garbage halfway through

I mean, it's kinda called Guardians of the Galaxy

probably "dead man" in the title doesn't sounds so good and would indicate a depressing movie

It's a Marvel movie, what did you expect

Ant-man was a pretty small movie

He said he didn't know anything about it.

>Marvel movie
>turns into some superhero

are you alright user?

Yea spanish were great
One of the good things about potc is they dont downplay anyone

>having to abbreviate it for american audiences

kek

>wer the caribbean at
>yo wat a pirate be
>POC? yo ima a POC, dis movie be about me

He was a drunken son of a legendary pirate lord.
Not too crazy.

>a better pirate story

>sjw pirates

ok

AYE!
youtube.com/watch?v=dvdrCPr3gDQ

Two ships fighting, the rest just looking.

Yes. First one was written without the background plotted out. Kinda like star wars

It's called Dead Men Tell No Tales in America

>Pirates never rape anyone in the whole 3 movies

young elizabeth in the first one in that little corset, are you kidding me. she would've been double donged even by the good guys.

This is my fave comfy movie after lotr.

I think the title is just hard to translate.

Would you a Calypso?

Meanwhile, Serbian translation is Dead mouths don't speak

Only estonia, serbia and russia [maybe greece], kept the dead men in the title.

Sheeit, man

Also Portugal

Same in Germany. First is called curse of the Caribbean(in German obv.), second:curse of the Caribbean 2 also im German, they realized by the third that the title is bad and just use the English ones

>>sjw pirates
>Anne Bonny piratewoman
>actually lived IRL
are you complaining that 20seconds again that was never ever mentioned again?

hes the classic wayward son lol

his dad was clearly a better lord.

I'm no physicist but I don't think that's how that would work out

How was he Jesus?

>sacrifices himself for everybody's sins and to nullify his debt with davy
>is resurrected
>takes his rightful place as pirate lord and captain of the pearl

WE WUZ PIRATES AND
SHIEET

this.
not every language has equivalent saying and literal translation likely sounds retarded

No, she has crabs

why does everything have to be so fucking gay and "progressive"?

It was such an obvious mistake

The whole "make a movie revolve around that one whacky character that people like" idea just does not work

The reason Jack was so funny and interesting in the first movie is because he was the whacky character surrounded by straight faced people that ended up receiving the punch lines. You need the straight face people to move the plot along and to do drama and heroic type stuff (aka not very funny).

When you make a character like Jack more like a protagonist you suddenly have to make him important, and heroic and do jobs like shove the plot along when it just really doesn't suit his character.

In 2 Jack is just a bold nobody who tried to scam Davy Jones for a boat and spends the movie being scared of getting his ass whooped.

People need to stop shitting on 2 by association.

Jack in 1 was cool.
Jack in 2 became a caricature, see Jack in 3 became most important person ever on top of being a caricature.

1>2>3
I don't remember what happened in 4, but it was much better as it scaled back down.

I think people shit on 2 because the movie basically made a rope and tied itself to 3 completely with its plot

is this gonna be any good?

this tbqhwyf

very much. 2 was better, but it's half a movie and nothing gets resolved. 3 suddenly tells completely different story

worth it desu

>but it's half a movie

Very accurate

I was shocked in the theater when all of a sudden the movie just ended without resolving shit

It was only made to pave way for the 3rd movie