Why don't people of color enjoy baseball?

I went to a lot of MLB games and the audience was all white. what's the deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/sports/2016/04/chuck-d-interview-loss-of-black-baseball-players
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

blacks realised it was boring as shit long ago.

In America whites are the only culturally tied with Baseball. Blacks liked when it was the most popular sport, now is just irrelevant to them.

Lmao, I don't even know what I'm talking about.

lol

but aren't cubans and centracas "people of color" too?

You know the old saying:
Baseball is as American as racism.

Not for americans. They are "hispanics" XDDD MEMES LOL Sup Forums
>american education

>I went to a lot of MLB games and the audience was all white.
Go watch Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West or any successful rapper perform live and the audience is next to 100% white, and you can't say blacks don't like rap

Blacks only like black rappers.

Because it's a much more team focused sport and the fans don't worship divas like so many nfl receivers and running backs try to be these days.

>hes never been to a LA/SD home game

Spics like baseball, water you talking about.

>flavela nigger
>commenting on education
go drink gutter shit you inbred negroid

Go back to NBA then if you don't like it

Blacks can't afford concert tickets.

Well not at the MLB games I went to, like in Philly

Most of my favorite baseball players were black growing up, Ken Griffey, Sosa, Bonds etc
I can't even name one now desu

i hope you're only talking about americans, because the sport is huge in numerous latin countries, especially black ones

>Sosa
>black
user

>baseball
>has players from countries ranging from Jaypan to Cuba
>sport is all white because not enough niggers.

Baseball takes more money than basketball or football if you're in the inner city nowadays. It's not seen as culturally "cool", and I'm not sure how you fix that
Additionally, the pro system for baseball is grueling. While NBA prospects live it up for a year at college and NFL rookies are signed after the draft, pretty much every north american baseball player has to spend two years at minimum in Biloxi or Iowa developing skill in the minors- oh and outside of the signing bonus, your salary is 25k a year
MLB integration remains one of my favorite historical moments, it's a bummer that black americans aren't represented as much anymore

It's because theyre poor lmao. Blacks are almost half the NBAs fanbase but look up any random crowd shot of an NBA game and what do you see?

this we have two sports already for people who want to worship BBC

top kek

Because all the minorities are in the upper deck outside the camera view.

Black kids are bullied and made fun of for liking baseball nowadays as opposed to Apehoop or Niggerkneel, I'm white but I grew up in a poor area of the Bronx where it was mostly black/hispanic and we had an awesome travel baseball team growing up and one of my best friends was a black kid and we used to hang out all the time and we both loved the Yankees more than anything else.

Then we got to high school and he wasnt cool since he played baseball with the white and puerto rican kids so he switched to the basketball team and lost interest in baseball and now he barely even cares about baseball anymore.

If you have views outside the orthodoxy in the black community, you are shamed and reviled until you accept their shibboleths.

>People of color
kys

Because it's just not Cricket.

I'm black and my dad watches every tigers game without fail

never fucking heard of that one.

We suck ass but at least we are headed toward the top pick lol

Not at Dodger's stadium it's all beaners.

Giants > dodgers

Hispanics love baseball
Asian americans love baseball
Whites love baseball

what do those three have in common? majority of those households had a father growing up

In baseball you cant pimp your shoe deals out or whatever they do in basketball.

>Why don't people of color enjoy baseball?
>I went to a lot of MLB games and the audience was all white.

By "people of color" do you mean negroids (who are mostly just different shades of black and brown)? I'm guessing so based on your picture. If so, I've never understood that term for negroids.

Calling caucasians "people of color" makes a lot more sense. Caucasians people can be a lot of different colors and combinations.

Explain yourself...

Well then look it up ya lazy nigger

no brains. no patience. no taste.

holy shit. this. how does any boy come to play baseball without a father to play catch with?

how does anyone white boy in the burbs come to play basketball when there aren't too many courts around with people playing lots of pick-up all the time?

simplest explanations are the best

Brazilian talking out his ass about the history of the mlb, gets it right

this tbqh

Blacks have shit taste in sports though. They want cheap thrills, not something they can devote time and patience to.
This.

The hell you are. Detroit may suck ass, but you don't suck ass the way San Francisco knows how to suck ass.

Baseball is more of a strategy game, basketball and football are more do-a-jumping-thing-then-show-off games.

baseball is a pastime, not a sport. it's 15 people standing around doing nothing watching 3 people doing almost nothing.
the only hard part about baseball is the seasons are marathons.
lol "strategy". please.

because they re bad at it.
Noone in Greece knows if we even have any baseball teams.
Success brings interest mate.
Iceland have made their attendance to the sky after their success in the previous Euros in soccer.
Most European teams that dont even have a good Basketball NT didnt even know a Eurobasket was happening.
These are some examples i suppose.

Chuck D of Public Enemy speaks the truth.

Question: At the height in the ‘80s, almost 20 percent of the league was black. Now, it’s hovering around 7 or 8 percent. You can’t deny the numbers. I’m wondering from your perspective as this has shifted generationally and fewer kids are playing pickup ball or little league or—

Chuck D: Can I say this? Number one, baseball in the United States of America starts with relationship of father to son. Ya hear me? Starts with the relationship of father to son. My father played baseball with myself and my brother.

complex.com/sports/2016/04/chuck-d-interview-loss-of-black-baseball-players

Baseball is too difficult of a game to simply learn via pickup games on the playground with your friends.Sure, you might be able to hit 20mph thrown tennis balls in pickup games, but without instruction from an adult, you'll never achieve competence. Throwing, hitting, and fielding mechanics are a lot more intricate than jumpshot and dribbling mechanics.

Addition to that, cultural shift. Modern blacks seem to pursue sports that are more star centric where you can dominate the number of offense attempts, which is why basketball is far and away the number one black sport in the US. Check out Kyrie Irving. He loaded up on the stats, was a featured player on the Cavs, and was still dissatisfied because of playing LBJ's shadow.

Thing is, though, not everyone can be Lebron or Curry. Maybe if more blacks realized that literally everyone can be the hero on a baseball team (i.e. star player gets 4 ABs, 9 hole hitter gets 4 ABs most of the tme) they'd come around again.

We aren't winning another game this year bro.