Why did they fashion grind into a wolves head when wargs were there animal mascot?

Why did they fashion grind into a wolves head when wargs were there animal mascot?

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Gothmog_(Lieutenant_of_Morgul)
youtube.com/watch?v=Gwx22zCS4Tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because gondor is actually hell

>grind

>there are werewolfs in tolkien lore
>in story grond was based on a werewolf

yfw it was Carcharoth all along

Gothmog is a balrog actually. TMYK

What's the point of those like, 4 orcs on the rickety wooden ramparts?

does cancer exist in middle earth?

sightseeing?

do orcs go on holidays in middle earth?

For scale

i always thought it was a pig or a boar

didn't sauron take wolf form once upon a time?

He did, and he was called Lord of Werewolves

Great answer 2bh.

Did they really think they could break down the gates with that pissy little normal battering ram? Was Grond really the 'Plan B' of breaching Minas Tirith? Or is Gothmog just a dramatic orc who knows hes in a movie so he willingly kills off his own men to create a scenario in which a subordinate will say "Nothing can breach it!" just so he can smirk ominously and deliver the line "Grond will breach it!"?

He literally says "Bring up the Wolfs Head."

he's one of the closest descendants of the original orcs ie: corrupted elves

>He literally says "Bring up the Wolfs Head."

I'm a visual learner

Why does the battering ram have arms with claws that would drastically reduce effectiveness at ramming a door?

Why was he the boss again?
>one good eye
>one good arm
Was it because of his balls?

Wrong
Sauron was a huge twink for Morgoth the origonal big bad who corrupted him and was weirdly loyal for somebody so evil, so much so that after hiding out on middle earth after the valanr and greater spirits leave he follows through his masters plans for unity and control

Grond was Morgoths big fuck off hammer
He named his big door breaking seige wepon over his bffs warhammer

Cause sauron secretly a qt.

Orcs do get around.

Hey I have this book.
Or I did. Don't know what happened to it.

Orcs must have stolen it

I bet Morgoth's Grond breached Sauron's Morannon, if you catch my meaning.
>secretly a qt.
Also publicly back in the day.
Personally I blame Elves.

Because Hackson lel.

what book is this from?

Anyone here played the LOTR Mount and Blade addon? Is it any good?

>wearing human armor
No shame.
The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare. Think Christopher Lee wrote it?

Probably because he is competent and loyal which seems like a rare quality for orcs, he kept the army under control and got them to Minas Tirith. With another leader there was always the chance the orcs end up fighting eachother and half the army fucking off to go raid defenseless villages.

Could Ar-Pharazon's army fight against the Last Alliance of Elendil, Gil-Galad, Elrond, Isildur and Anarion, which also humiliated Sauron's host?

>too late 4 peace talk?
Classic Sauron.

At sea, sure.

thanks lad

nah

the only good mountain blade add on are 1257, maybe GoT if thats ur thing, maybe breytenwalda

and by far the best and the only one I seriously recommend is prophesy of pendor

>grond was based on a werewolf
Grond was melkors war hammer that he used to fight fingon

was the one they used in minas tirith the legitimate one? because goddamn fingolfin is a god

No user, it was a battering ram, not a warhammer.

No, it was just its namesake. Its got a great introduction in the book where its crackling with destruction magic and driving the draft animals dragging it crazy.

>the Last Alliance of Elendil, Gil-Galad, Elrond, Isildur and Anarion, which also humiliated Sauron's host?
The barely won by a goof
Ar Pharazon literally walked up to the Black Gate and Sauron surrendered without a fight

I dont remember that scene

This is easily the best trilogy ever made, prove me wrong.

Social justice war's is a space family drama.
Game of Thrones is just a C u c k fantasy of a old disgusting fat fuck who enjoys writing about burning children and killing likeable characters, also it just a edgy middle age fantasiest lotr copy.

I can respect warhammer tho, at least it has a interesting universe.

None of the things you listed are trilogies.

I'm sooo sorry user

I'm just wondering why you'd start with saying LotR is the best trilogy and then compare it to a series of currently 8 movies, a TV series and a tabletop RPG.

kek

Because Autism

This post hurt me.

Okay.
I also find it odd you'd call GoT edgy but say Warhammer is okay, it's almost like you don't know anything about either of them

I correct myself
>It's the best fantasy Universe ever made

I agree actually
Warhammer doesnt pretend its some alternative history realism masterpiece, it doesnt take itself seriously
Reds go faster and thats fucking it

>best fantasy Universe ever made
Now let's not be hasty master user.

I do
I just like the universe of warhammer ok, because it at least try something new here and there.
Got is just for edgy teenagers who don't really like fantasy

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Gothmog was the lord of Balrogs. He doesn't appear in the books at all, just the Silmarillion. This tumor boy doesn't appear in the books either.

>Got is just for edgy teenagers who don't really like fantasy
I can't talk to people who only think in terms of hyperbole. If this is what you think then this is what you think. Fine.

Never mind, tumor boy gets one mention in the third book but it isn't even sure he's an Orc

>He doesn't appear in the books at all,
WRONG

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Gothmog_(Lieutenant_of_Morgul)

I said it because got faggots talk down on lotr fans, like they are superior to someone.
The fat fuck didn't brought anything new to fantasy.
I don't have any reliable character in got.
Why is got so pessimistic?
Why does it HAS to be realistic?
It's a fucking fantasy world.

Well I prefer LOTR to ASOIAF, don't whine at me.

its less about fantasy and more about medieval politics. It was better when there was less magic, but its popular because of its characters.
Books 3>1>2>5>>>

The FatHack just copied incidents from medieval history and merged on one storyline
Byzantine history is twice as edgy btw if you are into this kind of thing, and its fucking real

Sleep tite pupperino

Again I'm so sorry
I wish you a great day :*

Gollum had a son? It makes sense, there's no way you could spend hundreds of years just masturbating, I'm sure he at least got some Orc pussy now and then

A great day may come, but it is not this day.

It's a meme you dip

prove me wrong
protip: you cant

>FĂ«anor
>chaotic neutral
He's Neutral Evil, says I. Kudos for the Morgoth quote though.

Bretty guud

But gandalf is definitely lawful good

based Ungoliant

>Grond, also known as the Wolf's Head, was a one hundred-foot long battering ram with a head in the shape of a ravening wolf. Though named for Morgoth's warhammer it was created in the likeness of the Wolf of Angband, Carcharoth.

from lotr wikia
niggers

>from lotr wikia
Forgive me, I didn't realize Tolkien wrote the wiki as well

>this is supposed to be Grond

>lotr wikia
Ultimate pleb wiki

Isn't evil reserved for people who did something, you know, wrong?

And thats why I have labeled him neutral

Bump for incest

No there isn't, it isn't warhammer. The orcs are driven by saurons will and even if they weren't they'd be too scared of the nazgul.

if that's incest, we are all products of incest

Couldn't they have got a more beautiful lady to play her

GoT is for faux nerds and nerd guuurls.

Interesting perspective, I won't defend ASOIAFs faggier eschalon but they may be parroting some of Georges comments and misrepresenting the tone.

That said they're pretty good low fantasy, just skip all the girl chapters and you have a fun read.

Morgoth's plan was "ruin everything"

Sauron's was "remove the evil of free will"

> just skip all the girl chapters and you have a fun read.

But Cersei being an incompetent crazy bint is the height of entertainment.

I am not sure how this works
Shouldnt she be his great-great-great-etc cousin?

Ever heard the expression 'There's a wolf at the door'?

Isn't LotR technically now 6 movies? If SW is eight?

Sorry, meant for

bump

Sauron's plan was perfect order

Same difference

If they are driven by Sauron's will then they don't need a competent orc leader on the ground with them.

The claws don't even touch the door. It's ineffective as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gwx22zCS4Tw

His race is not mentioned in the book, but he is probably a man or some lesser maiar

>The claws don't even touch the door. It's ineffective as fuck.
>it has one focal point instead of 3
>ineffective

what game is this?

They could have build a way more massive and more effective ram if they didn't waste so much volume for this stupid wolf form, that's what I was trying to say.

Should be Ar-Pharazon in the title bar.

No, Lord of the Rings is three movies. The Hobbit is not the Lord of the Rings.

You can see the moment where the claws come into play in the clip you posted. Watch the end once the main part of the door is breached. The head is already through the gate but the claws finish the thing off.