Season 1 was pretty good. There were fun detective adventures, bits of cleverly placed humour, interesting cases, etc

Season 1 was pretty good. There were fun detective adventures, bits of cleverly placed humour, interesting cases, etc.

Season 2 was still decent enough. Hounds of Baskerville is a meh episode but The Reichenbach Fall is still probably my favorite in the entire show, although it sucks that they killed Moriarty off that quick.

Season 3 is hen things went downhill, but it was still watchable. The wedding episode was shit as far as detective stuff goes, but it was good for character development. The problem with this season is that it's the point when the show forgot about detectives solving cases and went the supervillain route

First episode in season 4 was a shitshow. Really, who the fuck wanted to know more about Mary's past as an international spy and assassin? Fuck that. The Lying Detective was good because Toby Jones did an amazing performance. The finale was like some fucking Saw meets the Joker thing full of holes and a retarded ending, although all the actors were stellar in it

What went wrong, lads? Why did it have to turn into this?

They had to escalate the series as it went on to one-up the series before it. It's now to the point where everything is confusing and removed from any of the reality of the original series.

Leave Sherlock to me

Because it began catering to retarded fanboys

Just saw the first ep of S4. Was shit. How are the other episodes?

Fans of the first three seasons, S2 > S1 > S3

Episode 2 is watchable, besides GHOST MARY flashback shit, it's up there with the episodes of Season 1 and 2. Episode 3 of Season 4 is the worst episode of Sherlock I've ever seen, and is probably the most embarrassing decline in quality in a show I've seen this side of Dexter.

I don't get the whole hype about the series and all the girls fangirling about it. The only two episodes that stood out for me were "A Scandal in Belgravia" and "The Reichenbach Fall", other than that it just felt like watching Sherlock Holmes meets CSI: London

it was never good

this oft-reposted image is only relevant for S3 and onward

They explained everything pretty well in the first two

episode 2 was good because of culverton smith, episode 3 was absolute dogshit. arguably the worst episode of the whole show.

I love the "smart person written by a stupid person is basically a wizard" part.
It nicely summarizes majority of modern TV.

Like blowing up an ever-bigger Death Star, I suppose.

summed it up pretty good

GOOD AND EVIL DON'T REALLY EXIST IT'S ALL JUST AN EVOLVED SENSE OF MORALITY XD XD XD
IT TAKES AN ERA DEFINING GENIUS TO REALIZE THAT DEEP TRUTH

> Moriarty

He really wasnt a part of the novels though.

His Last Vow is still the best episode of the show.

But yeah - other than that the last 2 seasons have been a mess. And let's not forget the new years special...

>And let's not forget the new years special...
the what now

The Lying Detective was pure garbage.

Girls just enjoy imagining Holmes and Watson are queens. Don't know why, but that is the explanation for the popularity.

The Abominable Bride, which to be honest just amounted to shooting down every "Moriarty has a twin" theory.

It has a lot of potential to be good, and as the case is in many fandoms people take that potential and execute it in their mind despite it not being well executed on screen. Casting, set design, dialog, cinematography are all great, just the writers aren't capable of creating a decent story out of it.

>We ride together, we die together. Bad boys for life.

>The Final Problem 8.6 IMDB

Why so high ?

Can anybody give me a quick run-through. Have a friend who's claiming that Euros( no fucking clue who that is) is the greatest Sherlock villain across all mediums.

You should probably just stop associating with them.

>greatest Sherlock villain across all mediums