dailymotion.com/video/kMcfC3J816uj4N96p2u
youtube.com/watch?v=vte4PxsfmHE
youtube.com/watch?v=UMtx9s9RTmc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZszUb5-bA_U
youtube.com/watch?v=HB4qOI7xxn0
youtube.com/watch?v=8d4SLA4HYp0
dailymotion.com/video/x20m1s_wrestlemania-17-highlights_music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As shit as Limp Bizkit were (I owned that album at the time, so fuck me), I still have a nostalgic liking for this song, purely for this promo.

>like 15 stunners to the Rock
>a gorillion rock bottoms and people's elbows
>takes attempted murder via chair to end

truly wrasslin' kino

>Yo, big upz, big upz to my boys Limp Bizkit for the use of the song 'My Way'...

Jesus Paul

>GOAT hype video
>Heyman immediately shits all over Limp Bizkit on commentary

It was a better time.

WHAT?

Their match at 19 was better.

That's cut short, he was being sarcastic and basically called it a worthless song on the original version.

out of all the things id like to reexperience from my high school days, playing smackdown on the ps with my friends during the heyday of pro wrestling is on top

Austin's directors commentary on this match, where he explains the details like when exactly he cuts himself with the razor to get blood is pure wrestle--kino

dailymotion.com/video/kMcfC3J816uj4N96p2u

I need to beat you Rock. I need it more than anything you can ever imagine"

Kurt Angle is the GOAT

It's true, it's damn true.

t. Dwayne

their mission impossible song is still fucking great, along with most of their hits desu

You know, I watched this show, I watched all the buildup to this show. Back in 2001 I was at the height of "mark"dom. But watching this now, I don't have any recollection at all of Debra being involved whatsoever.

Can modern wrestling rivalries even compete?

Bret and HBK was a better rivalry.

No because the writers don't allow them freedom anymore.
This was at a time where guys could go off script and it was considered alright. The scripts were only a few weeks too on what points to hit.
Now everything is so scripted and strict that no one is getting over with the fans.

Not in WWE, with their format of "guys fight each other three months in a row on PPV". Austin and Rock was a big deal every time they fought, I seriously can't think of anyone on the full time roster now that could generate that sort of hype.

>That time Orton and Cena tried to copy the Rock/Austin Rumble staredown and nobody gave a shit

HBK/Triple H > Austin/Rock

*a few words

There's a reason there hasn't been a new top guy in over 10 years.

Fuck off Paul, you never drew a dime.

The Rock / Austin III was far superior with the best promo.

youtube.com/watch?v=vte4PxsfmHE

holy fuck, this was my childhood

MR DURST WE NEED YOUR HELP

Cena vs AJ maybe, because the rarity of the event

Punk vs Cena was kinda a big deal too

Austin was in the hospital the night before. The Rock carried that match.

Would Steve Austin be heralded a white supremacist, alt right, gun rights activist who hates blacks like The Rock stealing his thunder and taking his jobs by the media if he was mainstream nowadays?

No.

I watched a little bit of Raw the other day, perhaps it was a few weeks ago, and they had fucking Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar. They both have aged considerably, but what the fuck? People still put up with these two old fucks?

theres a lack of talent

women in wrestling were a mistake

I mean, evidently, yeah...

greatest promo of all time

it was a different time

Mate, you have no idea how barren the main event scene has been the past 2 years. Brock and Goldie work very limited dates, so they're special at least. Usually it's someone who draws no heat at all like Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns.

Brock has more presence and genuine intimidation factor than anyone on the full time roster.

Goldberg at 49 makes every other babyface in the company look like a complete geek.

It's WWE's fault as well, but the guys who aren't on TV every week are considerably more exciting than most of the ones who aren't. They're a reminder of the days when big muscular guys beating the shit out of each other was a good thing.

WM17 the greatest WM of all time. Since that time society and pro wrestling have turned to shit.

Yea, I should have said in my original post, I haven't watched in over 10 years.

>Ambrose wins the title
>Ausitn YELLS at him to stop phoning it in
>continues to phone it in
>drops the title a month later

>than the ones who are

Worth remembering BILL hasn't been on TV in about a decade so people were naturally pretty hype for him.

RIP

t. Hunter
Fuck off, you're forever the second banana in every feud ever

Same thing happened to literally everyone who was a casual fan. You picked a good time to drop off, I only still watch out of habit.

If you want some actual good wrestling, watch Wrestle Kingdom.

Not true he was not second banana against Batista.

You mean in the feud he jobbed 3 times in a row to?

youtube.com/watch?v=UMtx9s9RTmc

Why did Austin never use this theme?

BRET SCREWED BRET

>shout out to my boys limp bizkit

It's funny actually, the main event of WM17 was the thing that made me stop watching wrestling. And to this day, I've never gone back to it. I'll watch the new OSW when they're released, but in terms of current day "product" or the product of the past 16 years, not a single minute.

*glass breaks*

Remember all the stuff from mid 97 when it was just ethnic gangs fighting each other forever? They'd never get away with that today

Plus a stable of apartheid separatists

*Disturbed starts playing*

Smackdown was released during the beginning of the end.

I'M BAKING THE LEMON INSIDE YOU

HULK HOGAN WE COMIN FOR YOOU NIGGA

>mfw Trips thought he could follow Rock/Hogan

RIP Jimmy "the bitch fixer" Snuka

Trish Stratus followed Rock and Hogan.

Based af

shit I'm gonna have to listen to this again

No, there is more wrestling talent and ability on the roster than every before, there is just a lack of star power and draws.

SJ Styles for example is legit one of the best talents of all time, by far the best in the WWE, but he isn't a big draw and doesn't have the drawing power of a Cena or Rock.

WWE is pretty fucked in the future, hence why they are making more of their money from non-in ring avenues, they know they dont have the stars anymore.

Well they bury guys with working talent for years, only now start to treat them seriously and wonder why they don't draw. They cut them at the knees just as they start to organically grow or they over push them and expose their weaknesses.

I mean as the main event

I know it was for the title, but Rock/Hogan is the money match, which is what you should put on last

SUPER DRAGON

Damn, I think I my tear up when Kurt goes on the HoF. Dude was always my favourite.

>you will never have a beer with based racist Kurt
youtube.com/watch?v=ZszUb5-bA_U

I'd give quite a big something to go back to the days of watching PPVs on Sky after constantly asking my dad to let me watch it and stay up until 3am in the morning, and then watching Heat/Bottom Line at my friends the next day whilst playing with our figures and eating pizza...then we'd go outside and do moves on each other on his massive trampoline. Truly kino times

I hate saying this, but I honestly do feel bad for kids watching this these days. There's no edge to it anymore, no risks or mystery.

who's that silhouette standing next to Guerrero?

There is a lack of talent. Most of the guys can wrestle way but they do not know how to carry themselves like stars. WWE developmental cannot teach that shit anymore. Look at Roman Reigns. He was supposed to be their next big thing and they couldn't do it. They just don't know how to anymore. The only people who got really over in the past few years are Bryan/Punk who weren't supposed to. Even they weren't big money/ratings draws.

There is a lack of talent in terms of charisma and persona, but in terms of in-ring talent they have never had a better roster. All the top guys from the indies and TNA are now with WWE, the problem they have is making them into stars who can draw money.

Attitude era didnt have the best in-ring talent but it didnt matter as their characters and storylines were so entertaining.

The absolute madmen

youtube.com/watch?v=HB4qOI7xxn0

I was 10 when this shit went down. I remember crying to my mom to let me stay up to watch wrestling. It was glorious.

>watched for the entirety of the attitude era/WCW heyday
>watched through the mid-2000's and stopped right when it started getting shit up by trending toward more family-friendliness and charisma dilution

I experienced all of the highs of wrestling in my adolescence and dodged all the shit recent stuff. Truly a blessed experience

THIS TIME IMA LET ALL CUM OUT

That's what I scream everytime I orgasm.

Stone cold era was my only era, but it was great. I can look back fondly on wrestling, but it's just too ridiculous to watch as an adult.

i just streamed from 95 to 03 and stopped. pg-era really sucks balls. 98-02 was my favorite years

nah not really mate. most fans, especially in the UK are adults, just your average guys going down the pub. they treat it as going to the pub with your mates, or a football match. check out wcpw (probably gonna get plebs saying it's shit when they haven't even watched it) - it's all on youtube and it's honestly a great indie wrestling show which fills the gap of attitude/ruthless aggression era wwe.

I think you can get away with going up until 2006. There's still some gems in there.

Also, what did you use to stream it? I can never find a decent one.

KETTLE DRUM ROLL SHIT

Kurt Angle did EVERYTHING to get himself booed over John Cena.

I was there, it was wild. Philly was a great wrasslin' town.

They had a fucking great highlights package of WM17 set to this song.

I didn't get to watch WM17 on PPV, but I watched that highlights package about 100 times until I finally got to see the entire show. Fuck it was good, I wish I could find it. Maybe it was just an Australian Foxtel package.

My brother showed me WCPW and its breddy good. We're hoping to go to a live show one day, depends if they ever come to the midlands or nearby. We used to watch wrestling a lot as kids around 1999 to 2001 so it would be insane to actually go to a show live.

The miz and danial brian if danial ever wrestles again.

youtube.com/watch?v=8d4SLA4HYp0

Found it, in shitty quality.
dailymotion.com/video/x20m1s_wrestlemania-17-highlights_music

>every single fucking wrestler's attire in the current year is tightie-whities and kickpads

so fucking stupid

Austin/Rock fought almost every week though. Or at least confronted each other every week

Back then, storylines were a lot more explosive and chaotic with no real winner. The Rock might escape one week, or Austin might have interfered another week. Both wrestlers never having an opportunity to actually fight.

The day of reckoning finally happened at the PPV where it could finally be decided in a fight.

The format now is each rival trading wins and losses until finally deciding who the best is at the PPV. Tournament style.

Will the Trump era make wrestling great again?

This is when The Miz transcended above mediocre. If he was around doing this shit back in the day he'd be massive.

>The day of reckoning finally happened at the PPV where it could finally be decided in a fight.

Yeah I agree. Whenever I got a PPV I always felt like there was no way these two guys could avoid each other anymore, it was going to go down and I couldn't miss it.

Jericho vs Benoit back in the day was a great example of this, they would beat the fuck out of each other out of the ring, I remember Benoit (I think) dropping a garage door onto Jericho and thinking it was so fucked up. Then when they had their match it was fucking out of control.

The "I need the old Stone Cold!" speech and his subsequent return where he beats the shit out of literally everybody in the Alliance that steps in his path are still some of the best TV moments of all time. More satisfying than a lot of shit from films even. Wrestle kino, dare I say.

Limp Bizkit gives me a lot nostalgia.

Still love a lot of their songs.

HBK v. Haitch was fucking awesome too
also
s o u r c e

>not cena/edge

Their match at tlc in Toronto for the title was one of the best ever

A MOTHER FUCKIN CHAINSAW

They're currently in a New Generation sort of phase where a lot of their new top guys are great workers but just can't get over in the same way. They just don't have badasses any more. All the top guys were fucking badasses back in the day. Austin, Taker, Foley.

tlc had a lot of GOATs honestly. i think the majority of peoples favourite matches were dudleys/hardys/christedge at tlc.