Why are they the bad guys again?

Why are they the bad guys again?

Why are you shilling for Disney again?

Space is REALLY big, so why do those ships need to be that close together?

this rustles my Autism.

they are basically the EU

It's called a formation, real navies do this

That star dreadnought is retarded huge, it's actually off in the distance.

not in space they don't

they are all old white men. the evillest force in the known universe.

How do you know? We don't even have navies in space yet

>Why are they the bad guys again?

Honestly what is it the Empire does that is so bad? I'm not read into the lore and all the EU shit of Star Wars, just casual viewing of the films.

What did they actually do that was so bad that a rebellion formed?

MUH ALDERAAN

Stuff like interfering with sovereignty of planets, I guess. Until ANH they still had the senate, but were moving to make the Imperial governors have direct control. It's a throwaway line the movie, but it's kind of massively important when looking at the galaxy and systems as a whole.

The usual stuff, conquer planets, slavery, less rights and freedom etc.

>MUH ALDERAAN

That was a very evil response to the rebels. What started the rebellion though?

Taxation without representation

>The usual stuff, conquer planets, slavery, less rights and freedom etc.

Am I missing something in the films? It doesn't seem to be that obvious. Apart from blowing up a planet with a laser, the Empire seems more like the victims of the rebels rather than the other way round

its a moral tale of good and evil
dont read too much into it

They were enslaving races and subjugating peoples.

>destroy an entire populated planet on a whim
>the empire are the good guys

really? I know you have a Sup Forums hardon for facism but really?

The SSD is like 12,000 metres long and the ISD is 1600 metres long. The SSD is like 50 miles away.

Dictatorship type leadership, basically space nazis with British accents

>really? I know you have a Sup Forums hardon for facism but really?

I said above that it was evil. But it was a response. I just wanted to know what started the thing. Obviouslly the Empire are the bad guys when they go that far to retaliate.

Honestly, if you're just into the Star wars mpvies casually don't think too hard about them.

they wear black and sinister music plays and shit

True. I was just concerned why I was feeling more empathy for the ones who are meant to be the baddies, since they are constantly getting the shit kicked out of them

>What started the rebellion though?
Darth Vader wanting to get back at Sheev for not saving Padme.

movie is pretty basic, it just assume you would accept that the heroes are the good guys and the empire the bad guys

as for what they do, they kill uncle owen and aunt beru, destroy alderaan just for show, take over Bespin and some other stuff

also depends on what is canon now or not

as for what started the rebellion I think it was planets not wanting to be part of the Empire anymore because it wasn't a republic anymore

first of all you don't shit about space
second of all
star wars is fantasy and their battles are world war in space, like turrets, dreagnaufhts and planes, if you don't like it get off star wars

we don't see even one slave in the OT and no mention of them
it's all the EU thing
the empire doesn't have any slave as far as I know

In a deleted scene the Empire is nationalizing commerce so we can assume the rebels were libertarians wich is why they were all white in ANH

>Rockin'
>Rockin' and rollin'
>Down to the beach I'm strolling
>But the seagulls poke at my head
>Not fun!
>I said "Seagulls... mmgh! Stop it now!"

>Apart from blowing up a planet with a laser
is this an intentional joke or is it genuinely possible that someone is this unaware of what they're saying

you mean british empire

>hm, you're sort of pitchy.

The worst thing this guy ever did, was making some dick remark against bounty hunters.

>gold star
Think you are better than the rest of us?

>yfw the bad guys from the prequels are the good guys from the originals

>attack 2 civilian cities with nuclear weapons
>America is the good guys

The space jews were behind the rebellion

>nationalized industry
>ended corruption in the senate
>expropriated major corporations
>defeated the separatists
>built the largest army the galaxy has ever seen
>universal employment
>infrastructural development programs

where's the problem??

>destroy 2 major population centres on a whim
>the USA are the good guys!

Your logic really took my noggin for a joggin

>Source: ass

the rest of the world agrees the nukes were an evil move

in mass effect "close quarters combat" is being like with 1000km of your opponent

building a gigantic bureocracy to sustain something useless in principile (a galactic empire), telling miriads of different planets with different culture and lifeforms how to live, building out of scale nightmares like death star I and II who ended up being too fragile for their needless complexity is more than enough to hate the empire if you ask me.

I always root for the empire because they look cooler than the rebels but come on, if you think 2 seconds about it, the empire needs to be destroyed.

It reminds me of the USA before Trump became president

>>t on a whim
Certainly not, they were finally fed up with Alderaan's bullshit after so many years.

>Literally how are these people evil?
>It's about good and evil senpai.

alderaan was sweden tier

They did destroy Alderaan for no reason, Tarkin pretty much says that it will be just a warning for the rest of the galaxy. It wasn't because of rebel presence since there was no base there.

in the EU the galaxy got what they deserved for taking down the empire with the yuzang vong

That's because there's no water in space

bullshit
alderaan senator was a rebel
the whole planet was against the empire
nothing but a planet of artists like a fucking humanities university, that's what alderaan was
they didn't even produce one single starship
and their population lived like kings at the expense of the colonies and the mid rim becuase muh founder of the republic
fuck alderaan
they got what they deserved
always ploting and voting against the empire
hell they were the ones that voted out Valorum

>bullshit
>alderaan senator was a rebel
>the whole planet was against the empire

absolutely no justification for blowing the entire planet up, especially when you have such overwhelming military superiority

>another edgy contrarian thread

>Why are they the bad guys again?

They aren't

At every turn they displayed an impressive level of staggering incompetance. Good riddance.

They aren't. Sheev did everything correctly.

According to Disney and Rogue One both sides do evil things sometimes.

So you have to choose between one side that does occassionally evil stuff and the other side which does occassionally evil stuff. But only the first side has fucking Star Destoyers and Vader while the other side has tentacle heads and ugly Quarren Cruisers

the galaxy has thousands of planets
every empire does the same
Rome torched hundreds of cities
You can make an omelette without breaking some eggs
Problem was that after the Death Star got blown up the planets started open rebelling because of the destruction of Alderaan so it backfire hard
But still they should've just blown up a moon to show off

Not only did they end the war, but they also intended to and saved millions of lives on both sides. The Empire obliterated billions of people without even being able to legitimately prove Alderaan was a rebel planet (they didn't even declare war on it either) and didn't give a shit whether or not the rest of the rebels would give up (they didn't). Additionally, a warning was never given to the people of Alderaan, whereas they were before the nuclear bombs were dropped.
I get that hating America is the cool thing to do, but really, you're retarded.

KYS starfag

the analogy isn't equal
our societies today no longer engage in total war because it isn't necessary, there's no reason to think future civilisations would nonchalantly destroy entire habitable planets, espcially when they could just lay seige from orbit and scorch the cities precisely if they needed to

>slavery
Fuck off it was about planets rights.

The Universe in Star Wars operates on a different scale.
There are thousands of systems.

Nuking Alderaan on that scale is barely Hiroshima tier.

>future civilization
It's not.
The Empire is an ancient civilization.

Fucking War of Galactic Oppressors.

THE PLANETS WILL RISE AGAIN

didn't intensify it

>by dropping nukes on Japan the US saved more lives than they cost

you have no way of proving that. even so, if there were a ground war the casualties would mostly have been soldiers as opposed to civilians

Why would you warn people about blowing up their planet if you are gonnna blow it up right away?

technicality, in their own timeline of civilisation they are more advanced and further along than we are now

no need to be pedantic like that son

Why even build a death star when you could build 100 000 destroyers for the same price and material? Sheev should have directed the funding to this guy instead of Mr. Ultimate-power-in-the-universe.

>soldiers
No Japan is an island, the US would blockade Japan causing a huge number of citizens to starve to death in order to get Japan to surrender.

>the casualties would mostly have been soldiers as opposed to civilians
lol

>casualties would mostly have been soldiers as opposed to civilians

do you know literally anything about world war 2?

the vast majority of casualties were civilian

>our societies today no longer engage in total war because it isn't necessary,
no
the reason is that we have nukes

I really want a game where I become an imperial pilot starting in a shit tie fighter and working my way up eventually helming a super star destroyer.

Didn't he get a promotion for being right?

Why not? Its a planet nuking weapon as long as you make sure its untouchable you can win any war.

civilians are future soldiers

The films were rebel propaganda to make the empire look incompetent.

No the reason is the USA/UN wont fuck off and let countries fight eachother without its world police bullshit.

Egypt would have already fucked up Israel if the USA and UN screwed off.

psychological value. same reason why we maintain carrier groups even though in an actual war they'd be literally sitting ducks for cruise missiles

>the vast majority of casualties were civilian

probably because the US dropped two atomic bombs on civilian cities

you are dumb and have childish perspectives
and a lacking historical knowledge

the vast majority of ancient wars didn't kill every single person in the society or cities they defeated

not anymore

>Egypt would have already fucked up Israel if the USA and UN screwed off.
israel has nukes and egypt lost every war against israel
you are the dumb one
check you

In terms of mprtance, blowing up Alderaan would be like blowing up Sacramento.

>being this contrarian

The empire was formerly a republic. This means there's now less freedom and combined with the xenophobia of the empire, makes for bad shit to either happen or allowed to happen. A sith is emperor and if you fail to see how this is bad, you're contrarian. They are militaristic and are willing to blow up planets on a whim.

>killing billions of innocents in an instant without so much as a thought just to prove a point
This is your answer. The Empire has too much power and zero accountability. They are going to abuse that no matter what and Alderaan was a consequence of that.

Would you rather be annihilated, starved to death, or burned to death?

Yes then Vader killed him for being a phaggot.

jesus you're dumb

I was counting ALL theatres

No actually.
iirc him getting promoted after the death star's destruction was a product of the new canon.
The old EU had him die on the death star.

German civilians almost entirely.

>rome didn't torch hundreds of cities
>mongols didn't torch hundreds of cities
>china didn't torch hundreds of cities
>islam empires didn't torch hundreds of cities
>The british empire didn't torch hundreds of cities
>Greece didn't torch hundreds of cities
>Perisans didn't torch hundreds of cities
>Spain didn't torch hundreds of cities
(you)

Star Wars is just WWII in space. For realistic space combat read The Expanse or Hyperion.

the total deaths for both bombing combined is around 150k which is a drop in the ocean when you take everything into account

educate yourself

>with the xenophobia of the empire
not canon
>A sith is emperor
A jew is president

blowing up alderaan is actually more like russia carpet bombing doha to get back at isis

>t.guy who pays attention to geopolitics

wow you're still a fucking idiot
do you know what a majority is? giving examples of when it DIDNT happen does not disprove me

most of the cities mongols conquered they didn't kill everyone or anyone

same goes for literally all the others you mentioned

you fucking moron

>israel has nukes
Stolen from the USA
>lost every war against israel
Hard to win a war with America in it.

Also the American bastards refuse to let other countries have nukes, they started freaking the fuck out when Egypt was in the process of building nukes. Pretty weird that America lets Jewistan have nuclear weapons for some reason but freaks out about Iran or Pakistan.