What is it about this movie that causes so many arguments?

What is it about this movie that causes so many arguments?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBKadB95sF44vjNzNABcYoF_7ae6lAgJM
youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM?t=24m15s
youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM?t=31m44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People hate what they dont understand

/thread

combining the universes makes no sense. marvel superman and dc batman in the same place??

Wut?

people want superhero movies to be safe, fun, forgettable, mindless escapism

the idea of doing a superhero film - an actual one, not a crime thriller with a character who calls himself batman in it - that doesn't fit that pattern is unthinkable for people in 2017.

Don't be fooled friend, most people that defend it are just pretending to be retarded and Marvel fanboys just take the bait like fish in a barrel.

The actual people that defend it are manchildren that actually think their deep, complex, philosophical movie is anything more than stupid, retarded nonsense like every other capeshit out there.

DCucks can't fathom that people might hate their shitty movies for justified reasons and have to spend every waking hour arguing that their movie is great when everyone else (WB included) has already written off the DCEU as a wash.

Then they have to bring up Marvel for some random reason even though the MCU and DCEU are nothing alike, which inevitably turns the thread into a DC vs. Marvel thread, and then we just shitpost until we reach the bump limit and another falseflag sets up another thread to generate (you)'s.

fpbp

Mostly packing 3-4 different main plot in the same movie

-Metropolis aftermath and Superman trial
-Batman and Superman feud
-Doomsday and the death of Superman

I mean it is ok to have some minor plots to minor characters, like Lois investigation or even Batman tracking kryptonite, but packing too much in a movie is really disastrous, especially if you edited poorly (Like Warner did it).

>There was a time above, a time before, there were perfect things, diamond absolutes.
>But things fall, things on Earth. And what falls, is fallen.
>In the dream, they took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

Tell me how this isn't fucking retarded.

>Left: "Our movies use quips and are massively popular."
>Right: "Our movie uses symbolism so it has to be deep and meaningful."
When will people realize that sounding smart and being smart are two completely different things?

There is nothing deep in this movie. The plot, motivations, characters, etc. are all surface level.

Because it's a mediocre film that is treated like the worst thing ever because it pretentiously did things people never wanted with the property and is trapped in console wars with another set of mediocre films. People who don't feel it was the worst thing ever feel compelled to overcompensate in their defense so they treat it like something far better than it is.
Also shitposting.

>Left: "Our movies are corporate products utterly lacking in any creative vision whatsoever"

>Right: "Our movies are complex and serious auteur films, using symbolism and allegory to convey the weight and significance of the superhero in modern pop-culture"

The pleb does not understand kino.
The pleb hates what he does not understand.
The pleb hates BvS.

Simple.

People have been anticipating this movie for decades. Everyone really wanted it to be good, and then it wasn't.

Which isn't to say it has good aspects, nice shots, well-placed elements, etc, but as a whole it's a piece of shit. Combining memes, the desire for it to be a great piece of film, the actual shitty nature along with some good parts of it, you have the current state of shit posting about it here.

This.

contrarians want to feel cool by supporting movies most people criticise

Except that never happens in the right

$20 says you don't even understand what those lines mean, what they're trying to convey about the mindset of bruce in BvS

The threads saying it's good are bait meme threads.
Then DCucks get baited and genuinely try to talk about it thinking they have others that share their opinions.
Then the bait gets deeper when the trolls post essay posts about BvS having deep meaning. Further baiting the DCucks even deeper.
Inception type baiting.

Shitposting doesn't even factor in anymore. When you have people appearing on tv and saying things like "PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR DONALD TRUMP NEED TO BE DRAGGED OUT OF THEIR HOMES AND LIT ON FIRE!" without even a hint of irony or jest, shows that shitposting doesn't mean anything anymore because life has become far too absurd to take seriously.

>Left: "Our movies are popular and make money."
>Right" "We break even but most people hate our movies."

>it's another BvS thread

EVERY SINGLE THREAD

consistently the best threads on Sup Forums

bvs was a dumpster fire but at least it wasnt as bland and forgettable as the marvel flicks

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBKadB95sF44vjNzNABcYoF_7ae6lAgJM

yeah that sure is embarassing

DUDE SPACE JESUS LMAO

There's nothing wrong with this scene

i understand you're a triggered redditor, but just so you know, the point of that scene is to show the priest projecting his own idea onto superman. superman is shown next to jesus from the perspective of the priest. the film takes great lengths in other scenes to establish that clark is in fact not jesus, just a guy following the example of jesus.

but no wait, i'm sorry, you were going to say something about how "muh obvious symbolism" despite you not getting the symbolism at all

you know why you don't get it?

cause you're dumb

>Implying a dumpster fire is better than anything.

>my pile of shit is better than your pile of shit
mods gib /capeshit/ please

>the notion how humanity projecting divinity upon an alien who just wants to be a human but can be more is too complex
Why are plebs filled with so much hatred for what they cannot comprehend?

DUDE NOT JESUS I SWEAR

again, from the perspective of a human, projecting their own ideas about what superman should be onto him

how are you not getting this

oh wait, i'm sorry, you were going to post another bit of jesus imagery from the perspective of another person as evidence of snyder being unsubtle right?

at least its great for the memes

Symbolism is usually subtle because the author respects his audience's intelligence. What does that say about the DCEU when they have to be this blatant for people to understand what's happening, even worse, doing this multiple times throughout the movie.

its an okay movie that got unfairly panned like it was the worst movie to ever exist when sane people know that that is far from true.

but then again we live in a time where people legitimately think "so bad its good" movies are actually good films and excuse their flaws because of that reasoning.

DUDE BATMAN IS TOTALLY NOT GONNA KILL JESUS

>taking the b8 of a pleb
Not all can see the light of Synder.
Some are doomed to low brow quips. Forever.

what it says is audiences are stupid. snyder made the mistake of assuming a modicum of intelligence if not in the audience, than among critics. he was wrong, unfortunately.

even though lex and bruce literally explain their character motivations in extended monologues at several different intervals, one of the most common criticisms is "character motivations are unclear." it's really straightforward. when it comes to superheroes, 95% of the population turns their brains off.

DUDE JESUS LMAO BUT NOT REALLY THATS JUST HOW PEOPLE SEE HIM LMAO

comic book customers are severely autistic

Films like "The Room" or "Birdemic: shock and terror" are legitimately entertaining once you dig deep and see all the bullshit that went on behind the scenes leading up to the film's production.

god you really are fucking dense

DUDE IN MOS HE WAS SPACE JESUS BUT NOW HES ONLY SPACE JESUS FROM HUMAN PERSPECTIVE LMAO

DUDE JESUS LOL

>DUDE HAVING YOUR ARMS STRETCHED OUT AT ANY TIME IS JESUS SYMBOLISM, ONLY JESUS RAISED HIS ARMS

fpbp

As a fan of comics, I can't really disagree with that statement.

DUDE I SWEAR IT'S NOT JESUS

>what it says is audiences are stupid. snyder made the mistake of assuming a modicum of intelligence if not in the audience, than among critics. he was wrong, unfortunately.
Yes friend, it's not that the symbolism was ham-fisted and out of place or anything, no, it's because everyone else just doesn't understand "true kino." baka.
>even though lex and bruce literally explain their character motivations in extended monologues at several different intervals, one of the most common criticisms is "character motivations are unclear."
That's because the character motivations are poorly expressed in the film due to many of the changes made to their characters. Batman claiming that Superman is a threat and needs to be taken out rings rather hollow when you realize that he causes the most property damage and deaths in the movie next to Doomsday and he suddenly becomes friends with Superman anyways just because "MARTHAAA!"

Also, most authors subscribe to "show, don't tell."

I can understand people saying this movie is bad, but not when it comes from someone that says Marvel movies are good

youtu.be/7p5-14rjWUM?t=24m15s

watch the time-stamped segment if you actually have any interest in knowing how stupid you are

Batman wants to kill Superman until he realizes Superman has a mother, DUDE MARTHA LOL.

Superman wants to stop the Batman but wait Lex forces him to fight Batman when he doesn't want to even though he wanted to stop him earlier but now he suddenly doesn't. lmao just turn off your brain

Lex wants to kill Superman because he's a false god and Lex hates false gods because his daddy hit him lmao also he hates that Superman has more power than him but he creates Doomsday that has more power than him because DUDE INSANITY LOL.

Yup, BvS threads in a nutshell.

That's what makes it sad. The film beats you over the head with everything and most people still have no idea why Lex Luthor hates Superman.

>it's too hard to understand so it's dumb
AMERICANS STAPH

DUDE TRIVIALIZING CHARACTER TRAITS THROUGH MEMESPEAK LMAO

DUDE WATCH THIS 40 MINUTE LONG YOUTUBE VIDEO FROM SOME APOLOGIST EXPLAINING WHY YOU'RE WRONG SINCE I'M TOO SUPERIOR TO POST AN ARGUMENT ROFL

>watch the time-stamped segment

>time-stamped

>segment

Doomsday and Wonder Woman ruined everything.

Can you just stop taking the b8?

your video literally says that's a jesus symbol mixed with a hope symbol. superman walks around with the s on his chest at all times so that's nothing new.

DUDE JESUS + HOPE LMAO

god damn that bitch is hot as fuck

You forgot the forced Justice league stuff

Quite the opposite, it's quite easy to understand, it's just that it's still pretty fucking stupid.

In a better movie, we'd actually be able to explore Batman's shattered psyche and see the man go from a caped crusader to a murderous vigilante, not just be told about through one line of dialogue.

Then again, I guess I hold movies to a higher standard to where faux intellectualism isn't enough to get me to give a movie perfect marks in lieu of its subpar execution in nearly every other area.

listen, i know it seems like a waste of time to a lot of people, but BvS and MoS to me are really genuinely great, enjoyable, emotionally powerful films if you give them a chance, and so i'd like to see other people appreciate them for what they are.

it's like if it was 1986 and TDKR and Watchmen just came out, and the vast majority of comic book readers think they're both shit, whereas myself and a few other people understand how great they are. that's roughly the position i'm in with Snyder's DCEU films.

Then start a thread for serious discussion later, you are just getting trolled at this point by people who are obviously b8 you because you keep responding.

>coherent argument made thirty min ago
>DCucks too busy responding to b8
really makes you ponder

yeah fine i'll leave, this is one of the shittier BvS threads anyway, thanks

>jesus symbolism
>birth symbolism
wow how fucking next level. How amazingly fucking deep. Snyder is a goddamn genius.
Why was the movie so bad though? What did snyder mean by this? perhaps it was a symbolic disparagement of christianity and... birth in general?

I'm new at symbolism

Again, it's easy to understand, it's just that it's really poor motivation for orchestrating some plot to kill Superman or Batman and doesn't really explain why summoning a bridge troll that's stronger than "god" is a good idea.

>"Oh, he has my blood so he has to obey me!"
>"Didn't you murder your own dad though?"
>"Shut uuuuuuup >:("

>I'm too stupid to get it but I wish it was about something else that I could understnad
STOP FOR FUCK'S SAKE AMERICA NO MORE DERP

so lets breakdown what happened on BvS

1) so big news, DC will also be having a cinematic universe and BvS will serve as an introduction / starting point to the DCEU. Snyder will helm the project due to his resume of producing the best comic book adaptations such as 300 and Watchmen. Under this, DC wanted the tone of their films specifically Superman to shift away from the flicks of Marvel movies by producing a serious tone on their flims.

2) Marvelfags and Disney feeling threatened blasted the shit out of BvS production, post-productino all the way to its release. Negative publicity up to the wazoo up to the release.

3) Negative reviews all throughout, with the exception of the few honest reviewers like Armond White. General concensus was "I don't understand" since the people were accustomed to the garbage popcorn flick that marvel produces and anything not quippy or light hearted enough is deemed bad.

4) Hope shines anew as the films outstanding themes, visuals and message break through the clouded mind of hte masses and people began to understand what Snyder was trying to achieve

5) Almost a year from its original showing, people are still discovering themes and messages from the film, and is still being discussed today. Unlike Marvel's generic popcorn garbage that's consuemd and forgotten a few days later.

there you have it OP

For an intellectual, you sure are poor at expressing your opinion in a coherent way.

Would it help if I used Jesus imagery?

pretty definitive summation

DUDE LUST LINK RANDOM SEGMENTS

>it's a BvS film thread
>Marvelkeks spergout
>their insults include "superficial" "for children"
>it's really just them projecting from their garbage Marvel movies
Beautiful ironing.

This is the one truth.

the segment explains in terms so clear even you can understand that superman is not jesus

Marvel Pajeets trying to counter this but they cant.

imo it's ok until the final act which is unbelievably sloppy to the point of barely making any sense at all

I saw your stupid video. I was being sarcastic you retard. The symbolism they slap the audience across the face with doesn't forgive how fucking awful the movie is.

Marvel Pakis are still obsessed shitposting this movie. It's not an actual discussion with Mouse drones.

you know, those two might be a decent pair for a buddy cop movie

This is the conclusive account of the situation.

see

They sue are. Enjoy another comfy thread, DC bros.

>countering Literally Too Smart: the Argument
almost as dumb as voting Hillary

I can only imagine the sweating Marvel pigs reading this knowing how hard they're getting exposed every thread.

>Snyder will helm the project due to his resume of producing the best comic book adaptations such as 300 and Watchmen.
Watchmen was a commercial flop though and got mixed receptions when it came out.
>Marvelfags and Disney feeling threatened blasted the shit out of BvS production, post-productino all the way to its release.
You say that as if everyone who hates this movies automatically like the MCU.
> Negative reviews all throughout, with the exception of the few honest reviewers like Armond White
So everyone who is a shill or DC fanboy is "honest," gotcha.
>Almost a year from its original showing, people are still discovering themes and messages from the film, and is still being discussed today.
As a means of generating (you)'s and not much else. Seriously, there's like three posts atm spamming links to that thesis movie and half the thread is plugging their ears going "you just don't understaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!"

That's not healthy discussion, at best it's a circlejerk.