>HELLO

>PIZZA DELIVER FOR A...

>I. C Wiener?

>Aww crap

>Here's to another lousy millennium

>WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW

>not showing nibbler pushing him

Oh fuck you.

Just gonna go through the whole episode?

>Humor is about Fry being a fish out of water in the future

>later on they just make Fry really stupid

i hope he does

you live somewhere long enough and you tend to adjust, fry was always stupid but in the later episodes he was already adjusted to his situation

He seemed more of an average slacker type in the 90s more than a Homer Simpson style moron

YOU STINK

Luck of the Fryrish always hits me the hardest for some reason. One of my favorite episodes.

Fucking hell lads this thread is giving me serious nostalgia.

I never understood this. How was he tricked by this name? "Icy Weiner" is as suspicious

Dont you forget about me...

He didn't look

what the fuck was this guy's problem?

Maybe it's Futurama I need to restart from the beginning.

We had a good Eva thread earlier today that made me think I should do that, but holy fuck I quoted this show so much growing up with my one buddy who loved it as much as me.

he had a hotel in his foot

>I C Wiener
>Icy Wiener
>Frozen dick
>Fry is a dick
>name is literally 'Frozen Fry'
F O R E S H A D O W I N G

>showing nibbler in the first episode
pretty subtle. i wonder if it was planned or if they just decided to use him later

he says crud
CRUD

I'VE SEEN THAT EPISODE A DOZEN AND ONE TIMES AND HE DOESN'T FUCKING SAY CRAP YOU IDIOT HE SAYS

>N'awww crud..

this absolute champion over here gets it
was nibbler introduced in season 1? I suspect they threw it in there to use at a later point but didn't have the storyling figured out

All Comedy Central does is run reruns of Futurama and South Park.

I'd rather have that shitty humor of Moonbeam City with that great art style than another season long storyline for South Park.

>was nibbler introduced in season 1?
No. That was a later flashback. In the first episode, he simply tipped over as far as the viewer saw.

man the shadow of nibbler is in there in the pilot dude

nope.
the shadow is in the first episode. its shown when fry falls over

>MY BABY'S MILK MONEY!

Yes he was introduced in the first Zapp episode which was S1.

CC literally airs it in order too, so once you catch it on the reset there's no excuse. They even usually throw in the movies, but not always.

CC's inability to show reruns of canceled shows infuriates me. They'd rather air 6 our blocksof SP, Futurama, Tosh, and K&P, as well as garbage movies on the weekends. Why can't they air Ugly Americans, Kroll. or Moonbeam in the regular rotation?

I miss CC having rights to Sunny syndication.

why wasn't the cryogenics lab destroyed

He was always really stupid.

he was introduced in the zapp episode but his shadow was shown in the pilot

What's his endgame?

I have to start watching this show again. So many memories...

Watch the director's commentaries alongside it if you want to find even more newfound respect and appreciation for the show

Ofc you'll need the physical discs for that

.......Or the internet

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Yeah but you probably have to download the episodes with them. There should be a stream service for isolated commentaries, especially when there's so many of them

Wonder if they edited that in later on. It would supremely cool if they actually showed nibbler's shadow since the very first episdoe.

I love the different spins on this they wrote the longer the show went on.

It's actually pretty fascinating how much the writers are aware of their own catchphrases, tropes and cliches, and how far they go to subvert them

>"My God ... a million years!"
>On the pilot episode

He was stupid from the start.

>Yeah I'd like to place a collect call?

fry is also a weiner

So when did it go to shit?

If anything that makes it funnier, he's such a dullard the wonders of being in the 30th centruy wore off really quickly. As long as there's a tv, amirite?

mostly around season 3, sans Luck of the Fryrish, and Jurassic Bark in season 5. Turned good at 7 again after those awful movies.

After it got cancelled although 2/4 of the movies were good.

Movies was a deep dive downward, then picked up a bit halfway through s6. I'm only watching s7 now and there's some really great episodes, but nothing particularly memorable

Even Game of Tones was just alright

Best post s4 ep for me is The Late Phillip J. Fry

It was planned, you see the shadow in the first episode and are introduced to Nibbler in the fourth.

They planned some lore around Nibbler from the start, namely him being present at Fry's freezing but I imagine they figured out exactly why later.

In the episode where they reveal Nibbler needed Fry in the future they set up another piece of lore that never get's explained

>She must be 'the Other'

Pretty disappointed they never came back to it tbqh.

when they made the movies and shit

is it even running still? Last episode i saw was modern simpsons level of horrible

it's not "icy weiner" it's "i see weiner" fucking retards.

they do, you dingus.

>tfw used to bond over futurama with my qt waifu

;___;

turned to reddit shit the moment CC picked it up. actually a few of the movies weren't half bad.

Oh god
All this years I thought it was "I see"
( ._.)

The D&D/Fantasy world movie.

I stopped watching Always Sunny just because of that and I'm like 8 or how many seasons ever since they stopped airing new episodes on FX but moved it to FXX.

Ugly Americans was underrated for damn sure.

It ended in 2013.

This.
Watching the show with directors commentary is really entertaining.

>ywn court Leela
why even live lads? ;_;

WHAT? YOU'RE NOT MADE OF TUESDAY!

he was programed to be crazy. someone went out of their way to write code for a crazy robot.

she's built like a steakhouse but handles like a bistro

thats dope
i know they had a few other easter eggs but i cant remember them
leelas parents in the background the first time in the sewers was cool too

They were actually just background characters at the time though, weren't envisioned as her parents til later. You'll even see that the dad has a slightly different character design in the first appearance

I'M GONNA BUY YOU SO MANY LIZARDS

so was bender suppose to represent blacks or what?

not at all...
>youtube.com/watch?v=OH5tKu6lis4
WOOOOOH

Matt Groening is practically a billionaire at this point for creating two of the best animated shows EVER.

How the fuck did this happen?

This episode made me cry more than that gay dog shit.

>mind if I practice my stabbing?
HA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
haha HAHAAAAAAAAA

There are very few of the nu-Futurama episodes that I remember, let alone liked. The Late Philip J. Fry and The Prisoner of Benda are definitely top-tier though and hold their own against any of the best old Futurama episodes.

because he made two animated shows with people who used to write and produce live action shows. So they were animated but with some live action principles

I WAS BORN IN 200 LOG CABINS

DON'T YOU

He represents mexicans

Are you coming on to me?

Nah, it's icy. Or both, I guess. "Icy" because of the cryolab.

>jurassic bark
>the sting
>the luck of the fryrish

the best 3 episodes from the first series

The Late Philip J. Fry

WAKE UP, ANONS

So why is Futurama's commentary the only commentary I can listen to?

The bants between John Dimaggio and David X Cohen is amazing.

Also the gay guy and the ghost story.

bump heh-heh

eyePhones lmao

>thinks the emotional episodes are the best
you queer

Give us a TLDL

I want to know the gay guy and the ghost story

Can we all agree that Bender's Big Score was top-tier?

>AND I'M TRESS MCNIEL
>Lrrr, who sounds nothing like Morvo or the Horrible Gelatenous Blob

Ok, so one the futurama writers moved to New York when he was young and had no money. So, he had share this apartment with this old guy. At the time, he didn't know the old guy was coming onto him. One night, the old guy was screaming and the writer comes in to ask what's wrong. The old guy replies he saw a ghost, there was a ghost. The writer asked where but the old guy said he's gone now. However, after that, the guy said if the writer was scared, he could sleep in the bed with him.

Oh yeah, the voice over battles between Maurice Lamarche and Billy West are fantastic as well.

Nibbler's race told them to fuck off.

good taste. law and oracle was funny, too.

Holy crap, that's gay-sidekick in a bad comedy tier shenanigans

>Did you see that ghost!
>You can sleep in my bed if you're scared

Fuck you guys, I'm gonna rewatch all of it over the semester break.
Got myself all 8 seasons and the movies for christmas last year.
> writing Bachelor thesis
> 6 weeks sitting at home watching Futurama all day and writing all night
Comfy af.