Hold up, Hooooooold up

Hold up, Hooooooold up

Voldemort banged Belatrix, forgot to use a condom and now he has a daughter?

And this is canon?

Will the new films have Dragon Ball levels of this kind of filler extension to the plot?

Not even dragon ball levels of filler extensions could save it from being one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises instead of before.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>I posted it again!

I don't know what's the canon status at this point. To me Voldemort always seemed absolutely asexual.

Fuck off

it's hard to not admire your dedication

>Voldemort believes that you should judge people by their blood
>This is presented as wrong by the author
>But the daughter of Voldemort has evil in her blood
What did Rowling mean by this?

>I don't know what's the canon status at this point. To me Voldemort always seemed absolutely asexual.
This. I don't know if its canon status has really been established yet. It's a different form of media, and not really written by Rowling. I've been treating it like the old Star Wars EU because of that; it exists, but not on the same level as the books.

And part of the reason it's easy to disregard it is because of how many things in it don't fit with the books at all, like Voldemort having sex. Part of the point of his character was that he couldn't feel love and had no interest in people besides using them for his own power. He really wouldn't have had sex with Bellatrix, especially considering there were hints he found he attraction to him annoying. There's also no real room in the books for the pregnancy to even happen, especially if no one's supposed to know about it.

this is the only reason I click on harry potter threads

>Ayn Rand
>God-tier

ebin

>from being one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises instead of before.
>instead of before
Did you accidentally something here?
I swear it isn't usually like this.

love no, sex yes. i can easily see him doing it as some kind of sick power dominance thing

>sex yes.
At least one Dumbledore flat out says that Voldemort completely disregards things he doesn't see the point in. I have a hard time picturing him seeing the appeal of sex. He's able to gain power over people pretty easily through other means.

if this wasn't a young adult series I could see Voldy siring a child and making it a horcrux to reincarnate in should shit hit the fan

he does grandiose things if it reinforces his narcissism and control over others

I don't think so. Voldemort is scared of death, think he's special, and wants to be immortal. The horcruxes were established specifically because he wants to stay in his body forever. He doesn't want to reincarnate, or live on through someone related to him, he wants to inhabit the same body forever, and that's what all of his plans led to.

That's a big part of what makes Delphini so strange. Voldemort had absolutely no interest in leaving a legacy, or passing his knowledge on. He wanted to be around forever. As he was. He had no use for children or a legacy, because he was planning on not dying.

fucking kill yourself you cunty faggot. this gay ass shit is for tweens.

Me too. I always got the impression from the books (and further solidified by the movies) that Voldemort always fancied himself above being and average human or wizard and that every other human or wizard regardless of lineage was beneath him and thus wouldn't just sleep with one of them

>childrens books

JKR didn't write the cursed child. some playwright just came up to her with a fanfic idea and she just signed off of it saying "meh whatever". all she confirmed were the future jobs of ron, hermione and ron and their kids' houses.

she was busy writing fantastic beasts at the time so she wasnt as involved as everyone claims her to be.

>especially considering there were hints he found he attraction to him annoying.
Where?

He goes absolutely batshit when he sees Molly has killed her.

It's the moment that finally prompts Harry to reveal himself, because he couldn't bare to see his mother figure murdered.

>Where?
I was thinking about the part after he tries to kill Harry in the Forbidden Forest and collapses. The book describes Bellatrix acting like a concerned lover, and Voldemort being annoyed and telling her to leave him alone.

>He goes absolutely batshit when he sees Molly has killed her.
She was his most devoted servant, and a bunch of Death Eaters had just deserted him. He didn't want to lose, and her dying meant that he had even less support.

>cartoon frogs