ITT Best Picture Nominees you have no intention of ever watching (past years included)

ITT Best Picture Nominees you have no intention of ever watching (past years included)

Same here. Anything about black or gay struggles, I won't watch it. Could be the best movie ever, I just don't give a fuck.

Not even really about gay struggles. Such a super flat plotline.

Jackie
Hell or High Water

ME NOT WANT WATCH THE DRAMA BP NOMINEES
ME ONLY WANT WATCH THE EBIN SCI-FI AND CRIME NOMINEES!
ME EPIC TASTE!!!!
FURY ROAD!!!

There are too many to list, so I'll jsut stick with the last few years.

>Brokeback Mountain
>Precious
>Milk
>Blind Side
>The Descendants
>Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
>War Horse
>Les Misrables

ones I regret watching-
>Theory of Everything
>Selma
>Boyhood
>Philomena
>The Artist

>dude gay nigger cock and trannies
Most of the modern nominees are literally just political statements. They are not picked for "quality".

The Artist. heh more like the I'll never watch you.

Should watch The Blind Side desu

Easy, comfy popcorn viewing. None of it feels forced. I'm amazed it was nominated for anything cause it doesn't really force any political message other than strong christian values with a nice stable portrayal of marriage. Also Bullocks ass

this movie sucked. I wanted it to be good too.

Brokeback Mountain is kino. Is it that you're just insecure in your sexuality?

Boyhood

It's not for political reasons, I just never liked Sandra Bullock.

I saw Happy Together and that was enough homokino to last me a lifetime. I'd rather not watch burly men making out with each other.

Shame cause Bullocks pretty good in it

The least Oscarlike Oscar-bait film I've seen. If that makes any sense

So you avoid films for moral reasons? Okay, I usually don't, but it's a justification. You're avoiding quality films though

>never saw movie
>it must be bad
ignorance is bliss

fucking anything WWII or sports related

so incredibly fucking boring it blows my mind

>moral reasons
>"I like to kiss men because I was born this way. Women ewww."
>"You don't like to watch men kiss? Wtf you homophobe. I'm so sick of society creating constructs teaching people to hate gays. People can't be born with hate."

The Social Network, because nu-male hipster like zukerberg make me want to throw up.

Why the hell did you sperg over that? Yes, you can believe that, and they are moral reasons, which is fine. What would you want to call them?

War Horse was nominated? wth

but it's actually pretty good, just not Best Picture material

Social Network shows how petty Zuckerberg is, and Fincher's filmmaking is always great

That said it's not a worth a rewatch, ever

Honestly don't think I'll ever understand why pic related was nominated, let alone won. Remove the acting, and it's a straight-to-dvd quality movie with above average production value.

On a technical level, Moonlight is great. Excellent editing, cinematography and use of color/light.

Disgust.
People generally don't avoid eating feces for moral reasons.

It won so Hollywood could pat itself on the back for attacking pedophilia in the catholic church while willingly ignoring the pedophilia rampant in their own industry.

Though desu i feel like had Inarritu and "Birdman" not won the year before, "Revenant" would have won this year.

>remove the acting
>film becomes worse
rly made me think

GOAT film of 2016

cumskins BTFO

Imagine being so autistic that you can't watch movies about people that aren't in your in group
Yikes
Even though sometimes these just scream Oscar bait, they're usually pretty good for a single viewing. Boyfriend wants to watch the one in the OP this weekend so I'm hoping it keeps that trend up.

Well yeah if you look at 'Best Picture' as a film that encompasses all aspects of filmmaking.

I didn't see Spotlight, but it seems like it was a decently-written and well acted film with bland-as-fuck directing and non-existent cinematography. Imho those films can win screenplay Oscars and acting Oscars.

Best Picture?

Fuck no.

>he watched Selma

toplel

True grit, moneyballs, walk the line, ray, avatar, la la land, that meryl streep movie about a shitty singer, hacksaw ridge, revenant, big short, brooklyn, bridge of spies and a bunch of others, my post is getting too long now anyway, it's not like anybody is gonna respond to my post or whatever.

Atonement
The Full Monty
As Good as It Gets
Howards End
She Done Him Wrong
Norma Rae
The Goodbye Girl

A conscious disgust, a human one. So also, a moral one.

I totally get this but for some reason I figured most people grew out of this shit by high school
I don't remember the last time I felt awkward about seeing two guys kiss. Sex is as little different but its so rare that I don't really give a fuck and those moments won't really fuck up a film experience for me.

I'm a total baby when it comes to child birth though, I don't ever plan on rewatching Adaptation because of that scene.

>nu-male hipster

haha look at this insecure faggot
can you even explain what any of those terms mean
the movie paints Zuckerberg in a fairly poor light as well anyway

I used to try to watch all the nominees, but I had to give that up when they made it 10-15 nominees just so they could push more political crap.

That's his choice. Most of those films are forced kike bullshit anyway. The real nigger from that film was insulted with how dumb they made him look.

>kike
>nigger
You seem to be trying to fit in

Not the guy you're replying to. I also didn't watch social network, for different reasons though. I know how facebook happened, because I was mildly interested when it started and I read up on it, same with that james franco climbing movie(name escapes me atm, it was in the news at the time and I caught a short report about it on tv). I don't wanna see dramatizations about things that I'm aware of how they really happened for drama's sake

> The Full Monty

Dude you missed out, that movie is primo BritKino.

yeah it's a load of shit. the academy awards are a joke. I don't even pay attention anymore

Uh oh now he's going to call you a cuck/liberal/sjw.

That's definitely fair then, I doubt you'd have much to gain from it except from the soundtrack.

what are you, a nigger?

this is basically the reason i had zero interest in watching Selma. I know how it happened. I wasn't going to watch people stroke their dicks for an hour and a half talking about how significant MLK was, and how bad racism is. Just seemed pointless.

>while willingly ignoring the pedophilia rampant in their own industry.
The fuck does that matter? It's not their job to point out flaws of hollywood, what other arbitrary guide lines should they follow to not trigger your feelings?

why wont you watch Hell or High Water?

>tfw I'm a film geek who thinks TSN soundtrack is overrated

>tfw the fact that it won an Oscar over far more deserving scores pains me to no end

>tfw I realize I'm in the minority and most film geeks circle-jerk the fuck out of Reznor and Ross like some kind of Holy duo of Mozart reincarnate

> Implying that movie isn't watchable purely because of Ben Affleck and Judi Dench.

you sound incredibly boring and should blow your mind

>Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

I watched this once because some girl I really wanted to fuck recommended it to me. I was fast forwarding through it half the time and was trying not to shout or throw shit at the tv when I left it playing. I then had to pretend I like it but got some bomb head a few days later.

Don't make the same mistake I did and unless pussy is on the line, do not watch this pos.

Maybe if they didn't act so holier than thou when parading this film around?

Like, 'look at us address the issue of pedophilia in the Church, watch us as we expose it! Now if you'll excuse me I have to go sign a petition to have Roman Polanski pardoned.'

TSN is one of my favourite films and the soundtrack is perfect both on it's own and as an accompaniment. Don't listen to any of Reznors other stuff.

Which soundtrack do you think was more deserving?

>flaws in Hollywood
I wonder who's behind this post.

stop youre gonna make me fucking sick

Is it me or are most best picture nominees nowadays really niche in nature? Like, admittedly sounding like a total fucking pleb, the last few years I barely recognize any of the films that get nominated anymore. They either have limited or festival releases and often deal with subject matters really out of every day scope.

Very nice film, way too hated by silly reasons.

eating feces can give you diseases and kill you
seeing two men kiss can make you feel funny maybe if you're an idiot

>I watched this once
>I was fast forwarding through it half the time
So you didn't watch it

Powell's score for HTTYD

I don't care that it's animated or 'kiddy'... to me it was not only the best score of 2010, it was one of the best musical scores of the past decade.

Plus it would have given 'Dragons' at least some Oscar recognition when there was no way it would win Best Animation against the circle-jerked film that is Toy Story 3.

The fuck were you expecting?
>let us interrupt this movie about the catholic curch pedophilia to show you a psa about the heinous things that happened in hollywood
>and now back to spotlight

> HTTYD OST

It's serviceable and generic. Nothing wrong with it but nothing unique about it either

Rewatch the opening scene with Eisenberg running through college in the dark with 'Hand Covers Bruise' playing and you'll see why it won

>fast forward
I did that with paranormal activity
>characters in the movie are sifting through surveillance footage to see something interesting happen
>I'm doing the exact same thing at that moment
Made me chuckle

two men kissing can lead to diseases. There is a reason it is naturally repulsive.

>calling HTTYD score generic

No. Sorry, I can't agree with you on that one. To me its just one of those scores that stuck with me and remains one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.

And the opening scene. Yeah it fits but... meh. Worth a nomination but I still don't think it should have won.

I'm talking about how it was propped up during the Award's circuit.

>I'm talking about how it was propped up during the Award's circuit.
Okay? You still holding a grudge over that or were you expecting a PSA about Hollywood pedophilia then and there, the fuck are you mad about?
you sound like people who got mad at certain actors for speaking against gun violence even though they were in action movies (which is not hypocritical btw)

Any kissing can lead to diseases

So how are Germans still alive?

I'm just sick of the hypocrisy, i.e. an industry that celebrates the 'importance' of a film for revealing the pedophilia of the Catholic Church while they turn a blind eye to the pedophilia in their own industry.

Did I expect a PSA? No. I'm just sick of Hollywood acting like they're the moral superiors to us 'little people' while ignoring any transgressions in their own little world to maintain the fantasy. It disgusts me.

>caring about the Academy awards
Oscars are worthless
They disqualified themselves time and time again.
>incompetent parts of the academy who pick movies at random
>members of the academy get to decide the winner even if they haven't seen the other nominees
Check interviews about best animated picture

>implying they don't do this with other categories

>things get nominated because some old fart asks a bunch of his friends to nominate it
>last minute removal from nominee list, because nobody has seen this unreleased movie and nobody has ever heard of it
Some shitty movie that got nominated for best music iirc
>talk shit about a country not sending in a movie to be nominated best foreign film
>people at the time thought it was the best foreign film that year
>but it's Germany's fault and not because of the retarded way that the oscars are set up
talking about Europa Europa here btw
It goes on and on and so on and so forth

Moonlight was actually really good until the third act. It wasn't preachy and it seemed to be critiquing the black community more than anything else. Third act was boring as fuck.

it was awesome u pleb

not enough transformers for you?

They're phony. They're actors, they think their shit doesn't stink, a bunch of them are divas, others are so far up their own asses they can't listen to reason (Edward Norton for example). They pat themselves on the back since forever. You should avoid award season.
One of the recent Oscars had multiple presenters say 'the human condition' this and that. That was vomit inducing imo

you thought emmys were bad this year wait til the ranting liberal shilllords get their chance at the podium

>muh electronic ambience
>not servicable and generic

Fuck off

>people in this thread defending satanic propaganda because it's "quality films"

No they aren't good films in any way.

You should feel bad for making such dumb posts

don't get too worked up, faggot

Moonlight still isn't one. Sure, will be, but still isn't

>gets triggered
>crying because somebody points it out
>why u mad?
Lmao, you retard

>I didn't see Spotlight
>but I'll go ahead and argue about how good it is on a Taiwanese stamp collecting forum

I had to watch Milk in High school. I don't remember a single thing about it other than the protag getting shot at the end.