ANYONE SEE THIS?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0c4_b5PHWg8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It looks campy as fuck and I have zero interest in it.

Dishonest filmmaking.

the holy grail of something white

the ending has massive feels and makes women and hollywood look like the horrible gold digging jews that they are
Its from the guy who made whiplash.

If you didnt like that you wont like this.

In what sense?

I think Whiplash was great, but I think this movie was only decent. Highly overrated. Also, the woman pissed me off, which I guess makes the movie more realistic.

Forced meme.
I often visit these threads and read the contrarian shitposts here for cringe material.

it's this year's boyhood

Dishonest Filmmaking: (Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

>1 new post
I couldn't believe how much praise this movie got given how dull its story and characters were. I guess people just like fluffy, shallow nostalgia.

Its realistic.

i think like fury road people dont "GET" it call it shit and say its a womens empowerment puff flick when in fact its showing women f or what they are, spoilt ignorant children

Have any fucking screeners leaked of anything yet? Usually by this time I have seen everything

>It looks campy as fuck and I have zero interest in it.

I thought that, too.

I hate musicals.
I don't really like love stories.
I'm not into jazz (at all).
I'm not a fan of Emma Stone or Ryan Gosling.

So imagine my surprise when I watched a screener DVD of it last Sunday and absolutely LOVED IT. Think it's one of the best movies I've seen in year.

A lot
>Fences 2016 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
>Hacksaw Ridge 2016 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
>Arrival 2016 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
>Moonlight 2016 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
>Arrival 2016 DVDScr x264-4RRIVED
>La La Land 2016 DVDScr XviD AC3 HQ Hive-CM8
>Hidden Figures 2016 DVDSCR X264-NoGRP
>Patriots Day 2016 DVDSCR x264-NoGRP

latest one:A Monster Calls 2016 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8

>he saw it as an earnest musical and not as a deconstruction of the genre
It's called LA LA LAND for christ's sake, how do you plebs not get it.

The singing was bad. The dancing was bad. It's supposed to be a 50s musical, but it doesn't have on iota of the actual talent behind it

it wasn't honest
it was the opposite

Merci

>i think like fury road

oh, so you think like an edgelord retard

okay, and you enjoy kaka

okay

I'm more of a moon man myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=0c4_b5PHWg8

so its a post-ironic musical

who gives a fuck

What rock have you been under?

Its not the best quality been a 1.5gb DVD rip over 2 hours long but its very watchable
see, mouth breathing idiots like this dont get it.

I enjoyed it. The final scene and musical number really tied it together. Gave me a kind of wistful feeling. Like it's a happy ending but it still makes you feel like shit

I didn't get that at all.

I thought LaLa was as honest as a film could get. It has an innocence and a beauty to it. It's a love letter to old-time romance movies and the age (and soul) of jazz and Old Hollywood.

It's not forced, doesn't pander and isn't cheap at all. Nothing about is says, Hey, look at me, look as what a cool arty hip movie I am. It doesn't do that.

It's just a sweet, beautiful, honest, magical film.

WHEN THE CLOCK STRIKES
HALF PAST SIX, APE

>It's not forced, doesn't pander and isn't cheap at all. Nothing about is says, Hey, look at me, look as what a cool arty hip movie I am. It doesn't do that.

pfftHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hail Caesar had better dance scenes, but I still liked it.

>It's not forced, doesn't pander and isn't cheap at all. Nothing about is says, Hey, look at me, look as what a cool arty hip movie I am. It doesn't do that.

It starts doing that as soon as the movie starts and doesn't stop. What the fuck are you talking about?

You apparently haven't seen the film.

Or you have, but you have no soul, and are unable to recognize anything that actually has a soul, like this film.

You guys are babies. It was not a bad movie. It is definitely better than the shit they make nowadays. Ryan Gosling and Emma bug eye Stone have great chemistry together and I enjoyed the music, the choreography was excellent they really trained the two actors well. Sure story was not that great or oohh but the director expressed the film pretty damn well.

very dishonest

The choreography and the singing was nothing to write home about. It was actually pretty mediocre much like the story/writing.

If the director intended to make a mediocre film then I guess he expressed the film pretty damn well.

Dishonest film. Dishonest actress.