He believes that an infinite number of monkeys could type the entire works of Shakespeare

>he believes that an infinite number of monkeys could type the entire works of Shakespeare

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem
youtu.be/T6RA1fHSM7U?t=1m1s
youtube.com/watch?v=RWc-xtlMxHs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFU_yxMlYg
youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limit_of_a_function#Limits_involving_infinity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M

>he believes that an infinite number of monkeys could type the entire works of Shakespeare

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

Oh boy.

an infinite amount of monkeys should be able to type any work an infinite amount of times

>theory

Sourdough bread is very good for you

Everything Joe Rogan says really makes me think

>aaa uugh uugh oooghh agh aaaagh. Jamie, ogh uuuuuuugh eagh ogh ugh aaagh.

I finally understand why people watch this clown. This shit is hilarious.

*theorem

Only an utter retard would get hung up on the monkey thing and completely fail to appreciate that the metaphor is simply a device to help explain infinity.

Its the same concept as saying if you have a random letter generator, eventually they will eventually make words by random chance. Eventually it could even reproduce Shakespeare but the chances are infinitesimally small.

but if there's an infinite amount of monkeys, then an infinite amount would type the entire works of shakespeare

that's the point of infinity

You cunt.

First for Khalabib

It's a logic problem, you're not supposed to take it literally.

>He doesn't know what a theorem is

KALA-FUCKING-BEEB, JOE ROGAN!

alpha brain, kettlebells, shroomtech and caveman coffe

What is caveman coffee?

The monkey would fuck it up for infinity times because it's impossible for a monkey to type all of shakespeares works without fucking up on the 5th word, if it even got that far.

>It's a tvtard doesn't understand probabilities episode

Well then come collect your Fields medal you genius

Its not impossible. Its just incredibly unlikely. For example, to randomly type the word "The" is a 1/17576 chance.

This would ONLY happen if the monkeys couldn't write things they had already written, otherwise they would never, and I mean NEVER EVER be write the complete works of Shakespeare, not in a million years, not in infinite years
>inb4 meme science

hipster coffee

infinity = anything is possible

But those monkeys would die before typing that much unless they also had an infinite supply of food, and water.

So... Starbucks?

my daily dose of alpha brain has been successfully administered, i shall now begin to ponder metaphysics

>Single estate, hand picked, wet processed and small batch roasted coffee.

>I don't understand infinity

tbf ever since I've started putting butter in my breakfast coffee, my morning shits have been smoother and more satisfying

youtu.be/T6RA1fHSM7U?t=1m1s

But 'ave they read any Shakespeare?

If it's infinite years then technically they would, it would just take a really really really really really really really really long time, but it will eventually happen :^)

T. The Broker

In the future a machine will be able to create every single sound from every single instrument and in every single combination of every single note. Music is a limited field and every song ever made and ever can be made will have been made by this machine. What is the point in learning music?

Why did Carlos steal from this guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=RWc-xtlMxHs

How you deal with the infinite nothingness of your inevitable death?

>but the chances are infinitesimally small

The thing is, if the generator generates literally infinitely, a 1 in a trillion chance will eventually happen.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFU_yxMlYg

how you handling them kettle bells joe?

>Jamie, pull up that video of the monkey ripping the dudes face off and tell me he can write Shakespeare

So Jesse Ventura was definitely lying about all that Mongol stuff right? How is it possible that someone would start writing a book about a gang, and not knowing the origin of that gang til Jesse Ventura told you?

>This would ONLY happen if the monkeys couldn't write things they had already written
What exactly is a "things they had already written"? You will necessarily have repeating words, and although highschool was some time ago, I'm fairly sure there is more than one "e" in Romeo and Juliet.
How long has a string of characters has to be to be an "unrepeatable thing"?

meme science

>rogan thread
Buckle up bitches it's about to get comfy

TRAIN BY DAY

Forget the monkeys

Represent pi in a suitable base with the alphabet and suitable punctuation and somewhere in the string of digits you'll find shakespeare

But you'll be searching for a very, very long time.

>It's a Rogan thread where his detractors are actually the one not able to properly understand scientific concepts
Poetry

>infinity
>scientific
damn you tried dude

infite amount of monkeys could type litterally anything and everything. I don't think you appreciate the concept of infinity.

Chance means nothing. Infinity makes it certain no matter how small the odds.

>Guest and Joe is having a genuinely great discussion
>Joe out of the blue mentions they're Christian
>Starts asking them if they genuinely believe all the stories in the bible in a literal sense

For FUCK SAKE how many times does this need to be explained to him before he understands?

I always go down a fucking hole of watching his videos when I come across threads like these

>Look at this artefact from 6000 years ago, it has 9 planets on it.
>What does it mean?
>I dunno, could be nothing
>But IT COULD mean than the annunaki exist, right?
>I dunno, I'm just asking questions here

Shut the fuck up, Joe.

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

>ALPHA BRAIN
>SHROOMTECH
>KRILL & MCT OIL
>PRIMATE CARE PILLS

youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

>Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©

MORE ROGAN

top fucking kek

I dont think you realize what infinite means user

>Mathematics aren't a science
>This theorem is actually just speculations and in no way the fruit of calculations
You are embarrassing yourself

dude like what if world war 2 never happened and all the books are lying?

>I DUNNO, I'M NOT AN EXPERT, BUT WHAT IF WE DON'T GO AROUND THE SUN, BUT THE SUN AND THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE GOES AROUND US!?!?!? SCIENCE IS FUCKING WRONG! I'M NOT AN EXPERT BUT SCIENCE IS FUCKING WRONG! SCIENTISTS ARE BEING PRESSURED!
>WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR NEWS BRO!?

>it was the best of times,it was the BLURST of times?
Damn it monkey!

Edgy Brah > Joe

>infinity
>science
You're fucking retarded dude

>tfw I never have to shitpost again because all of my future shitposts are chronicled in the library of babel

>Doesn't know the difference between a theory and a theorem
I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be smart but I guess it's only in regards to defending tripe like BvS.

What is this obsession with Rogan lately?

you do realize you find limits in math right? infinity is a philosophical concept. it's not math and its not science.

You're right, there are only a buttload of Calculus theorems using infinity, this has nothing to do with science.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limit_of_a_function#Limits_involving_infinity

It's bulking season and 90% of people listen to joe while working out.

>Hey Joe remember that time you got beaten up by a guy that wanted to suck your dick

Rogan should have Karl on his Podcast. Then again, he probably already had him on brb cecking.

That's the kind of shit faux scientific minds say

You have no idea what the concept of "infinity" entails do you?

>ITT: Sup Forumstards demonstrate their sub-70 IQ by trying to prove that infinity is a meme.
And people say Sup Forums-tards are retarded.

This. At least one user with sense in this thread.

That fact that you would even link me calculus 1 proves you have no idea what you're talking about
infinity is avoided in math for obvious reasons. you can preform arithmetic on something that's not quantifiable. you can find convergence and find divergence but you cannot preform operations on it.

there is no mathematical proof that they will eventually finish the complete works of Shakespeare

infinity makes it likely they will but not certain

the concept of infinity makes me reeee in my head.

>Infinity is not used
It is
>Alright but it's not used in arithmetic
Never said it was. All I'm saying is that the infinite monkey shit goes beyond simple speculation and has actual maths and probabilities backing it up. And although infinity is rarely used as such it's commonly used for function limits in various scientific fields and saying it has nothing to do with science is simply wrong.

that's not how quoting works

maybe random typing machines would be more accurate for that theorem. but actual eternal monkeys wont be able. they arent random, they have a physiology that makes them monkey like aka. not random at all.

eternal monkeys would end up in a produce loop, outputting the same type of drivel, but not shakespeare. never, ever, shakespeare.

>What is the point in learning music?

it feels awesome.

If they are hitting keys completely at random and literally never stop as is stipulated then it is certain.

I fuck my girlfriend and it makes me feel better.
Those dub dubs tho

Damn you got me, guess I'm wrong then

yeah, nigger
you need more kettle bells

>making fucktarded stipulations and still getting BTFO

It's just a metaphor to help people understand the idea, you're not meant to be thinking about actual monleys. I think it's a bad metaphor because it causes these misunderstandings.

>It is
Yes in philosophy.

It's not. A infinite set of something does not mean it contains anything and everything.
You're misunderstanding both probability and infinity.

No it isn't certain, infinity makes it likely but you can't be sure it's certain

ohhh cringe you shouldnt have posted that

lucky for you you cant be traced around with your reddit username and can just pretend this never happened.