Why didn't he just use time travel to kill Voldemort?

Why didn't he just use time travel to kill Voldemort?

Why are you posting a bait question. The time turners that exist at that point only work 5-6 hours and you can't actually change anything. What's done is done. Its a closed loop. Buckbeak never died to begin with.

he was so cute in prisoner

He's a fucking teenager. He should have used the time travel to rape all the hot witches.

Because that didn't happen. Whatever happened happened. If he was ever going to go back in time to kill Voldemort, Voldemort would have already been dead.

more importantly why didn't he just fly his broomstick to mordor?

why weren't they all moe girls?

BAD WRITING

Because until the retarded sequel play, the time-travel in Harry Potter was actually really well-executed.
It's a predetermined paradox in The Prisoner of Azkaban; everything that occurred always occurred.
Harry always went back and saved himself from the dementors. There never did and never will exist a reality where Harry did not travel back through time to rescue himself.

It's the same principle behind The Terminator.

And then, just like T2, the new Harry Potter play decided to come in and fuck up the perfect, plot-hole free time-travel laws established in its predecessor.

Why did he go back in time in the first place?

It's really sad that people try to make sense out of a movie for children, just accept that it's terrible writing, please...

oh, this to all who say it's a "closed loop" n shit

To save the bird horse and cereal black

A closed loop is both extraordinarily hard to execute correctly and one of the only ways to actually do time-travel without plot-holes.

Back to the Future has plot-holes.
Looper has plot-holes.
The Butterfly Effect has plot-holes.
Frequency has plot-holes.
Men in Black III has plot-holes.

In fact, the only time-travel films I can think of that DON'T have plot-holes are The Terminator, Prisoner of Azkaban and 12 Monkeys - and ALL of them are closed loops.
Actually, that's not true; Galaxy Quest features time-travel in one sequence and is also plot-hole-free.

More importantly, why didn't the cast and production staff use time travel to avoid making one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Actually, that's not true; Galaxy Quest features time-travel in one sequence and is also plot-hole-free.
Does your keyboard not have a backspace key?

because then that would create a paradox. if he goes back in time to kill voldemort, then voldemort never kills harry's parents and therefore the circumstances to motivate harry to go back in time in the first place never exist.

You can't just ignore the opportunity for a semi-colon, mate.

Why didnt he just ride the phoenix to voldemort?

Good

Wrong image but I do appreciate your effort friend

Men in Black 3 was saved by Josh Brolin.
That's the most perfect young version of a different actor's character that I've ever seen in cinema.

McGregor's Obi-Wan is nothing compared to that.

test

Azkabans time travel is perfect. Only a retard thinks otherwise

>It's the same principle behind The Terminator.
Thank you Christ.

No i mean why not include galaxy quest with 12 monkeys and prisoner of azkabam originally.

He always goes back in time. It happens simultaneously we see it happening from two different perspectives.

You legit cant even understand a children's movie and you're talking shit.

Not only a retard, but also a pleb. Sad desu

I can't believe we have to deal with this shit every time its brought up

>Harry meets Voldemort many times from book 4 onwards
>Harry takes an hour to prepare after the meeting
>Goes back only 2-3 hours
>finds Voldemort
>Avada Kedavra to the back

There, solved it for you.

Dude you literally ARRNT GETTING IT

you can't change anything

but if the time travel thing never existed, things would be different. it must have changed something

Why didn't they just get Newt to kill Voldemort? He defeated Grindelwald like it was nothing

You are a huge plot pleb, and even though harry potter is already shit, the fact that time travel doesn't make sense (yes, deal with it) is NOT a flaw in the movies. It's even worse that you can't realise that

what if someone sees himself timetraveling and makes a decision to not go back just because fuck your stupid closed loop shit
does the universe implode

ITT neo tv doesn't get that
Its sound time travel amd one of the few cases on film

If you didn't get this for some reason then watch it again.

True

No but look here.

Harry meets Voldemort. After they part ways, he and the viewer don't know if Voldemort is alive or dead. He could ve dead and the news just hadn't reached yet. Therefore Harry could have gone back in time and killed Voldemort just after the meeting, but didn't know it yet.

Voldemort was more dangerous than Grindelwald.

because hairy pooter is dishonest garbage made by a dishonest women for dishonest humanoids

These are the types of people who think Primer is a masterpiece, and complain that the science in Interstelar doesn't make sense (not a good movie, not the point)

Grindelwald was wizard Hitler, Voldemort just killed a couple of literally whos in Bongland. Hell the international wizard community never even acknowledged that there was a war in the HP era because Voldemort was so insignificant to anyone outside his immediate surroundings.

How do you fail to grasp the time travel logic?

Grindelwald had a better platform but no horcruxes and he was inept enough that Dumbledore just had to show up once to sort him out.

Voldemort was a more local threat as he decided to deal with Britain first. Therefore he had to deal with the machinations of Dumbledore and the self-inflicted annoyance that was Harry. Internationally people didn't acknowledge the war because it was a relatively silent coup and Voldy had no reason to want them involved.

If Dumbledore could have just turned up to wherever Voldy was and beaten him he probably would have though. They duel once in the 5th book but it's inconclusive.

of course the logical conclusion of closed loop time travel is that the universe is completely deterministic and free will doesn't exist
otherwise people could and would break loops just to break them

So it only makes sense if you accept free will doesn't exist?

Then why didn't Dumbledore just kill Voldemort?

Stupid old faggot, the story would be better without him.

Now I understand why I'm to intelligent too interact with Potter fans.

Not him but look up the novikov self consistency principle. Also the minsitry regulates time turners virtual nobody gets to use one. McGonagall and Dumbledore trust hermione to use it and its tongue and cheek british humour that nerd would be the one to get a powerful object and use it to take more classes. Like british everyday lives nothing is supposed to make sense in the ministry

No you like the frogposters are too dumb to understand what a closed loop means and what a brief closed loop means. The time travel is sound and you making an ebin poat won't change it. Just like the time travel doesn't ever change anything.

where's the pasta?

Because dullest franchise and shit.
The upcoming pasta will explain soon

Why didn't jkr rowling just write something good?

Why didn't J.K Rowling just use time travel to make a good series? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

BECUSE NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES

It was already posted and deleted christ you're all autistic

almost like they're predominantly young and female

This is good but it's not quite the same without Atlas Shrugged

He's Harry fucking Potter, there's plenty of people who would have loved the opportunity to jump on his dick.

Dumbledore has to defeat Newt at some point before his fight with Grindlewald.
It's the only way that the Elder Wand can be his.