Yfw you realize the zodiac killer was real

>yfw you realize the zodiac killer was real

wtf that shit actually happened? what a fucking madman

get off the computer and do your homework

>that beach scene
had to turn off desu

The movie was more about the edgy manchildren who are fascinated by serial killers than about the Zodiac killer story.

That drawing looks a lot spookier than what was in the film.

The FBI estimates there are 30-50 active serial killers in the U.S. Ex-FBI will tell you that's a conservative estimate. The majority of serial killers are not caught. The number of serial killers caught versus the suspected population has decreased as strategies for not getting caught have made their ways into the public consciousness.

Have a nice night.

I wonder how many roam straya

Didnt someone on reddit break the inscription he used to write his letters using some script?

I remember hearing about that like 5 years ago, and seeing the link, but nothing since.

Like the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker. Either that guy died or he just quit murdering like the BTK Killer.

Before the 90's when people were wising up to serial killers and forensics got better, I'm willing to bet there was hundreds of serial killers. They just never got caught because the authorities just chalked it up to random homicide and never connected it.

I'm really fucking ugly and silly looking. I would hope I wouldn't be a target over anyone else. Then again maybe there's a killer who only wants beauty to exist in the world lmao.

Did they? Cryptologists couldn't crack that so I wonder how a redditor did it?

weaponized autism

That beach scene was spooky as fuck desu what a asshole he was

Cowards.

That right there is something we need to see more of in horror: A situation going FUBAR bit by bit until the suspense is having the viewers (and characters) on edge.

This is why I'll never go to a place without enough people nearby.

>This is why I'll never go to a place without enough people nearby.
Just get a gun. Don't cuck yourself into living like a rat with 100000s of cockroaches.

The government couldn't crack one of the Zodiac ciphers, so they put it in the paper and a high school history teacher and his wife cracked it in 3 hours.

So how exactly do they catch serial killers? Isn't it usually when they make some sort of mistake?

That and sometimes dumb luck.

Serial killers who leave DNA are usually rapists so those guys have a likelier chance to be caught since it's on file and if they ever get charged with a non-related crime, it can be cross-referenced. Like the Gainesville Ripper, who inspired the murderer in the Scream films.

But a lot of serials are wising up from what I hear. They're onto what sort of red flags that law enforcement is on the lookout for so they usually go after prostitutes, hitchhikers, homeless, basically any sort of people who don't have family and friends that will alert authorities of their disappearance and make a lot of media buzz.

Not to mention our world is becoming more and more tech-savvy. There's cameras everywhere including our cellphones. All it takes is 1 person to capture a photo of a suspicious guy or something.

>This is why I'll never go to a place without enough people nearby.

Did he really do anything wrong?

Dude, I'm not taking the chance of some psychopath going to kill me in the middle of a wilderness where nobody can hear me or my remains can't be found.

Serial killers are small time they need to catch the pedophile cultist rings

Jesus fucking Christ you can't possibly be this retarded.

Are you underage you fucking pathetic cunt?

Just kill yourself already.

Don't go to Russia

What was his end game?

There's all different kinds of serial killers. Some target the poor, the rich, the beautiful, the ugly, the fat, the fit. They get triggered by things and want them gone, or see them as a target. Sometimes it's simply, they saw you. It's sad because the hunter instinct isn't a bad one to have. I think most serial killers kill based on the opportunity, not the person.

Serial killers are actually expected to be having a decline in the millennial population. Home ownership is down in that generation and that is a vital point to being able to maintain a cover and a place to covertly kill someone. As well as millennial social habits being more about gatherings and with friends. Online dating murders are actually not that common and easily caught because of how track able they are.

me on the right

Somebody on an earlier thread once speculated how Social Networking sites and livecams give killers a lot of insight on future victims. Like they know who said person looks like, what school they go to or where they work, who their friends are, what are their hobbies, and activities, etc. How do you track that?

Jesus Christ, people. Serial killers aren't the masterminds you see in movies. They are mostly low life degenerates.

>how Social Networking sites and livecams give killers a lot of insight on future victims.

They would be so proud

Is it possible to learn this power?

Some are

What a retard. Didn't even feel bad for the idiots. Fight and get shot every time over willingly tying yourself up to get raped or stabbed or worse.

Some of them, but there's also sociopaths who appear and act normal.

Am I the only one who thinks he has a neat costume?

Not from a pleb.

They dont kill people who will be missed. Are you a hooker or homeless person? No? Then dont worry about it.

Yea some, but I feel like the sociopath/normal presenting killer is a thing of the past because of our technology today. Who knows what's going on in shitty countries in South America etc though.

This guy was a straight-up nutjob. I'm actually surprised he got caught because let's be frank, he was a nobleman and hero of France. Forensics and detective work wasn't exactly polished in 15th century Europe.

It's easy to talk tough when you're not caught off-guard with your girlfriend with a gun-wielding psycho.

This has been proven to be true and untrue. The things that have a history and be traced and leave an imprint where anyone can find it, that info is a lead. If someone was last seen on a cam or tagged in a post.....that's where you start to look

However, knowing what they look like, what their friends look like, this is all very good info if you wanted to stalk them. Still though, victims are still victims of circumstance. Information is useful, but luring someone, killing them, hiding a body, it all takes physicality. It takes planning beyond what the person you want to kill is going to cooperate with. The things you're saying may help a murderer, let someone kill that one person, but not a serial killer. That's just a murderer. Killing a victim you know and want dead doesn't really qualify as a serial killer. The anonymous and continuous nature of it makes you the serial killer.

Again.... yes and no. Some of them are highly intelligent people, charming, funny, fun people. Some are literally bums killing other bums. Doing drugs and just killing the hookers when done with them. It's really hard to profile a serial killer and potential victims because they really do vary so much.

We have SSRIs to blame for dope shit like serial killers going away.

Nowadays would-be serial killers are all on meds, so they bottle it up until they shoot up a school.

What film are we talking about here? is there a good movie or show about this guy thats nice put together nicely?

Why the fuck is America so dangerous? No wonder everyone is walking around with guns, you people basically live in Mad Max world

>but I feel like the sociopath/normal presenting killer is a thing of the past because of our technology today.

Then you're a retard

His dear Jean's death destroyed him

They connect the killings. Then the FBI gets involved and the killer has to contend with a federal investigator with near unlimited resources instead of an overworked (and often unqualified except in the major cities) municipal detective.

>Forensics and detective work wasn't exactly polished in 15th century Europe.
Aw fuck. Now I want a detective noir set in 15th century Europe. Or a procedural cop show set in it.

Fuck you, man.

If you live around white people its about as safe as the Netherlands statistically.

By definition there's 100s of nig not serial killers. There would be thousands of they weren't so inept that they all die after a few kills.

Couldn't you, in theory, treat serial killerism with SSRIs? Or is the "serial killing is a compulsion" OCD thing just a television meme.

directed by Fincher

Wasn't the most prolific serial killer in America a black guy that killed colored prostitutes? Like he got away with it for so long because literally nobody in power cared that black protitutes were dying.

Wasn't there a detective series involving a priest in Medieval Britain or something?

how do serial killers even develop their weird thinking without r9k to help them

They're sociopaths.

Dude, they had a fuckton of time on their hands pre-Internet. And people were more functional with manual labor and machinery; idle hands are the devil's workshop.

>detective series involving a priest in Medieval Britain

Cadfael

The most prolific American serial killer was Gary Ridgeway aka the green river killer. He killed prostitutes but he was white and basically borderline retarded as well.

I think you're confusing him with the Grim Sleeper who was an LA based black serial killer who killed black prostitues literally right in his own neighbourhood and got away with it for years. Police generally don't give a shit about dead prostitutes. I think there's a serial killer active in New York thats targeting prostitutes and the police have made barely any progress

>DUDE KILLING LMAO

Such a pathetic cheap thrill... The greatest human feeling and achievement will always be intellectually destroying another person to the point where they questioning their very own thoughts. Now that's a real beaut.

Possibly, but killing someone doesn't just rob them of their life, you rob them of fulfillment. A psychopath basically defined their victim's existence when they targeted them and snuffed their life out.

>tfw to smart to kill

what is it about prostitutes that makes them so sexy for killers

Back before DNA evidence you were basically invincible if you wore gloves and sunglasses.

No. Just no. Pathetic, childlike, deplorable. When you kill someone, the person will never know you killed them. There is no humilliation afterwards, they won't be able to think, feel, or do anything, they will simply cease to exist, so it doesn't matter.

When you beat someone intellectually in a debate, they will live with the shame. They will know I am superior, that they cannot hold their own against me, and should know their place. Now that is a true display of superiority.

It's not so much that they're sexy as they're disposable. A lot of these hookers are runaways, druggies, women from broken homes, etc. Nobody is alerting the authorities that they're missing, hence their deaths aren't treated as high priority.

They're willing to get in some creeps van, they're probably weak and strung out on drugs, they might not have a support network or family that will report them missing.

You're weird, user.

The good ol' days!

faggot.

This is true. Lots of thieves and crooks just needed to cover their face and they could do pretty much whatever they wanted. People back then were incredibly fucking retarded and didn't do it frequently enough, though.

Shut the fuck up you daft cunt. Trolling an interesting thread. If you don't have anything engaging to say don't waste the bump limit.

Elliot, is that you?

It's always incredible to me that more people didn't get away with crazy crimes back then. Like DB Cooper was able to buy a fucking ticket and get on a plane but nobody could ever figure out who he was because. . . He had sunglasses!

Or Dillinger. "Oh no, he's robbing banks in different states! How will the ingenious madman ever be caught?"

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Ha! You won't scare me, i live in one of the most insecure nations in the world. Serial Killers are the least of our problems. Who is laughing now?

Computers and technology my man.

that's why its better for you to be the first to strike and become the serial killer than letting a seriel killer kill you

Unless the killer has NVGs woods are a pretty good place to hide in at night, got away from lots of beatings growing up by hiding with the critters out there.

To be fair, how do you catch a bank robber in those days? The Dillinger Gang was incredibly modern; they were basically a 30's version of the robbers from the movie Heat. So long as you wear a mask and gloves, how the fuck are they going to know who you are and what bank you're going to hit next?

They probably did, but it just never hit the headlines.

I wonder how easy it'd be for some guy to rob a bank and quietly settle in a life elsewhere without raising suspicion?

Yeah, they do. That's one of the reasons why there are fewer active serial killers now then there used to be.

Check out most school shooters, though, they fit the stereotype of young serial killers: young white male loners, often the product of broken homes with negligent/abusive families.

Put them on SSRIs and it suppresses the urge to kill until it bubbles to the surface and they start shooting all at once instead of killing hookers and parsing it out.

The pharmaceutical industry knows this and doesn't give a fuck. Not enough shootings to connect to it and even then probably not enough to recall.

kek

What are the strategies you are talking about?

>When you beat someone intellectually in a debate, they will live with the shame. They will know I am superior, that they cannot hold their own against me, and should know their place. Now that is a true display of superiority.

Ahahaha what? Do you actually feel like that when you "lose" a debate? Or do you think people feels like that when you ''win'' a debate? You need to talk to more real people man. After a minute, nobody gives a fuck about losing a debate. If one can actually win or lose a debate, that is.

did the mass shooter meme kill all interest in serial killers?

If one wanted to be a serial killer or a rapist what are some things to have in mind?

don't post something like that on a website that the fbi monitors lol

you can kill me I don't even mind

>I wonder how easy it'd be for some guy to rob a bank and quietly settle in a life elsewhere without raising suspicion?
Easier than we're led to believe. When I was growing up, someone robbed a bank in my hometown by wearing a hat and sunglasses, handing the teller a note claiming to have a gun and asking for money. He walked right out and we never heard anything about it ever again.

you should only kill white men and boys

>not basking in the feeling of erasing someone's future completely and leaving your mark on fate and the universe
?

im just being hypothetical haha

There are up to 50 active serial killers in the country?

what they dont know is that there is 51

also, it's the best of they're a child or reasonable age so that you can fill their family with despair

As long as you're not a weak manlet or a white woman you'll be fine.

bye rddit

Bitch, I will cut you

I can see it on r9k
>some of you are alright. don't be a black transgender prostitute in the downtown seattle area tomorrow night or over the next 7-9 years.