Who do normies hate this show?

who do normies hate this show?

ideology

Because the Pope is actually Catholic in it.

From what I've heard about it, it doesn't paint all Catholics as mallicious idiots and doesn't take the position that the church is evil. Atheism is the new hip thing in normies and being religious is the new counter-culture thing. Maybe that's why.

I don't know if they deserve this kino. At this point, I don't know

From now on, kino has been removed from the vocabulary. I just deleted it.

Literally only Sup Forums talks about this show

To be honest I almost ditch this kino on the first episode when he made the progressive speech.

purity is a virtue

>fainting cardinal detected

Paulo Sorrentino is one of the best directors working today.

Same

The lukewarm reaction to Silence and the hyperbolically positive reaction to Spotlight come from the same place. Our culture just isn't interested in religion as a subject unless it's being explicitly criticized.

It's House of Cards for child fuckers.

If it ended at the first season it would be the number 2 goat, after the sopranos. as it stands, 2nd season is in the works.

They should have used the intro music from Curb Your Enthusiasm for this show.

>I almost ditch this kino on the first episode when he made the progressive speech

This sort of behavior is laughable and I'm glad Sorrentino triggered you

I actually love this, because now nobody can say that the show is pushing any agenda.

Is /ourpope/ an atheist?

Please tell me, I can no longer tell.

he's a literal saint, infallible vicar of Christ on Earth

Because ANYTHING about the christian church that isn't about being a corrupt organization triggers the normies.

Atheists can't compute in their brains christians doing good stuff

This. He's too conservative in his values. He's also too intelligent and clever which makes normies angry because they do y know how to react.

>Our culture just isn't interested in Christianity as a subject unless it's being explicitly criticized.

Fixed.

I like it more for the characters rather than the whole religion aspect. In fact, I felt that the episodes that directly dealt with religion (Africa, Guitierrez), so it's probably easier to hate when watching it that way

already renewed for another season. I thought he died

They have forgotten kino

100% accurate.

well, it is a contrarian board after all

>pope doesn't fuck
>pope doesn't smoke weed
>pope isn't a woman

dropped hard

as irl .... sooooo...? Should be a trans black muslim? No, this isn't reddit, you got lost.

What is more beautiful, my kino. Kino lost, or kino found? Don't laugh at me, my kino, I know it. I'm awkward and naive when it comes to kino. And I ask questions straight out of a popcorn flick. This doubt overwhelms me, undermines me, my kino. To find or to lose. All around me, people don't stop yearning. Did they find or did they lose? I can't say. A normie has no way of knowing. A normie lacks a first kino. A kino from his mother and father. That's the source of his awkwardness, his naivete. You said to me, in that deserted cinema in California, 'You can watch my opening,' but I didn't do it. There, my kino, is kino lost. That's why I never stopped wandering since that day, where you've screened and where you screen now. And you, shining screen of my misspent youth, did you lose or did you find? I don't know, and I'll never know. I can't even remember your title, my kino, and I don't have the answer. This is how I like to imagine it. The answer. In the end, my kino, we have no choice. We have to find.

Is this show pro or anti Catholic? and how?

HBO's much-hyped The Young Pope series, starring actor Jude Law, targets the Catholic Church in the most predictable fashion. The allegedly "edgy" series, thus far, has promoted abortion, gay marriage, masturbation and contraception.

Bet you didn't see that one coming...

In one scene, Law, who plays the role of 47-year-old Pope Pius XIII, preaches anti-Catholic positions to a massive crowd of Catholics in what is eventually revealed to be a dream.

Christianity, and Catholicism in particular, has been the target of Hollywood for years. From singers like Madonna and Lady Gaga to pop culture flicks like Saved and Dogma, there is no shortage of Christian mockery. In fact, Hillary Clinton campaign officials were exposed via WikiLeaks emails bashing Catholics, too.

Which is all lovely, but it begs the now popularized rebuttal to the onslaught of anti-Christian sentiment: Okay, "edgy" HBO, now do Islam.

But these cowards won't, of course, because they aren't edgy; they aren't even offering original critiques. The Young Pope merely attempts to stack-up Cool Points among other out-of-touch elites by slandering a group that is cool to slander in the Hollywood ranks. This is all expected of Hollywood GroupThink.

As noted by NewsBusters, The Young Pope has been praised by both CNN and The New York Times. Shocking, I know.

We get it, Hollywood, religious people are rubes. Well, except the ones waging jihad.

>this fundamental lack of understanding of how to use the english language

This is the vicar of kino, The Young Pope. Fa/tv/irgins, I want to be perfectly clear with you. I visited your board and I see dead threads, lying on the catalog: cunnies, cucks, memes and Sup Forumstards. All these things are the offspring of the trolls and janitors that have clutched your board for six years now. I won't say the names of those who are guilty of this. There are too many of them. We are all guilty. We are all guilty of trolling and dead threads. Always. In the same way, we can all be guilty of kino, always. I ask this of you on bended knees. I'm ready to die for you, if only you will be guilty of kino. I always say to the anons who write me from all over the world, think about all the things you like. That is kino. Anons like all sorts of things but none of them have ever written that what they like is war. Now look at the post above you. Look at it with eyes of joy. And remember what Moot said; if you want to a good thread, you have the means to do it. A good thread is about kino. I on the other hand won't speak to you about good threads until there is kino. Because a good thread is kino and kino is a good thread. Give me a good thread and I'll give you kino. You have no idea how wonderful kino is. You have no idea how disconcerting kino can be. But I know. Because I saw it when I was eight years old. On a screen in a cinema in colorado. Kino.

His declared lack of belief in God is him saying he doesn't believe in/trust himself. Think of what the other Popes said to him, and how he considered it banal advice. After all, he equates himself to God immediately in the very first episode.

The surface-level interpretation of this claim would lead you to believe that he doesn't need to believe in God when he's shown to directly interact with Him during his miracles. God's existence was a foregone conclusion.

I think he's a listless person who only knows the Church, doesn't know how to best guide the masses, yet knows it's his obligation. He feels this burden and doesn't know what it is to be a whole person, and doubts himself. He cannot relate to the masses, and knows it's because he's morally "above" them.

He makes an error in assuming his doubts in himself and his abilities come from not having parents who love him, which is why the last scene is pretty heartbreaking to me. He claims to have become a "man" that no longer needs motherly and fatherly acceptance, but he can't help but look outward for resolution.

I could probably give more specific points and sound less pretentious after a re-watch.

>Because a good thread is kino and kino is a good thread. Give me a good thread and I'll give you kino. You have no idea how wonderful kino is. You have no idea how disconcerting kino can be.

this was so beautiful

you are a very kino human being for this

What have we forgotten?

What have we forgotten?!

We have forgotten kino! You! You have forgotten kino! I want to be very clear with you. You have to be closer to kino than to each other. I am closer to kino than I am to you. You need to know I will never be close to you, because everyone is alone before kino. I have nothing to say to those who have even the slightest doubt about kino. All I can do is remind them of my scorn and their wretchedness. I don't have to prove kino does exist. It is up to you to prove that it doesn't. Are you capable of proving that kino doesn't exist? If you aren't able to prove it, that means kino does exist. Kino exists and it isn't interested in us until we become interested in it. In it exclusively. You understand what I am saying. Exclusively. 24 hours a day. Your hearts and minds filled only with kino. There is no room for anything else. No room for flicks. No room for capeshit. No room memefilms. Free yourself from kino I hear people say. Liberate yourself from kino. But the pain of liberation is unbearable. Sharp enough to kill. Without kino, you are as good as dead. Dead, abandoned strays wandering the streets.

You want to look me in the face? Go see kino first. I won't help you. I'm not going to show you way. Search for it! Find it! And when you have found kino, perhaps you will see me as well.

I don't know if you deserve kino.