Is Enemy at the Gates good?

Is Enemy at the Gates good?

Lately I'm thinking a lot about Russians. What are some good movies about Russians?

I basically haven't seen anything so don't hold back in case you think "Everyone's seen that one."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TcHD9VEQ7C8
youtube.com/#/watch?v=NxEbr_NiL_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its aight. Doesnt take itself super serial. Has goofy moments after the try hard private ryan wannabe volga crossing scene. Its good fun tho

I've started watching this like 3 times and I never get beyond the first 20 minutes or so

Do they say "comrade" a lot in it? I'd kind of like to see a movie like that.

doesn't have anything to do with russians

try nightwatch

Rachel Weisz ass desu

>What are some good movies about Russians?
Watch Doctor Zhivago. Get comfy and prepare yourself for 3 1/2 hours of absolute kino

it's a good movie and you will learn a shit ton of sniper warfare.

It's good but it would be better without the romantic subplot

I don't like anything with Jude Law in it, except for A Series of Unfortunate Events
>probably his best role.

Ed Harris can wear the hell out of a uniform.

You bet your ass they do user

it's very good, but i's not kino. it's a flick, but an entertaining one.

>pretty much every war ever
>with the exception of Black Hawk Down

I can't think of a good film that this description does not apply to.

Have you ever seen Sky Captain?

>Filter the movie
No thanks

how did no one notice when jude law was getting jerked off beside like 5 other dudes

Also, the lack of accents was really distracting. I'm supposed to believe these British niggas are Russians and it fucks up the suspension of disbelief

I thought the book was shit, so I didn't watch it.

The only thing I remember from this film is when Rachel Weisz gets her ass out and it's round. So fucking round. Like, I'm not gonna watch it again because I know it won't live up to my memory of it but from what I can recall it looked like a pink moon. It looked like two people going through chemotherapy hugging each other. I'm just watching this film and a sex scene happens and I don't even care but then out comes this fleshy peach and my jaw fucking dropped. Suddenly I want to be Jude Law and get lost in the Stalingrad that is her anus. I didn't give a fuck about Oliver Twist going double-agent in the name of chocolate or Ed Harris playing a man whose boots were made from the skin of a thousand accountants. I would march through a Russian winter and drag my dick across Ron Perlman's face just for a chance to look at a polaroid of her asshole.

What's wrong with that? It makes it look really cool visually.

Young Pope
AI

he is occasionally great

10/10

Enemy at the gates is ok

But watch this instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=TcHD9VEQ7C8

I thought the beginning was decent but dropped it about 20mins iirc, after Kruschev comes in, immediately forces an officer to kill himself, then requests strategic input from his underlings to which Joseph Fiennes replies something along the lines of 'the men need Hope.'

What the hell kind of loser can't bring themselves to finish a fucking movie? It's not like it's long.

kek

I really liked the sex scene... It was kinda gross

> Zero Russian actually being spoken

> Ron Pearlman with a British accent despite being Russian (what did they mean by this)

> Suicide tactics running into battle without a gun

Great movie goys

>can't bring themselves
You seem to mistake me user, I dropped it, not because I was physically incapable of continuing to watch, but because the movie failed to hold a single shred of my interest. I didn't give the slightest shit in what occurs next in the movie, and so I stopped watching it.

What the hell kind of loser sits through the entirety of a movie they don't enjoy?

Here's a (you). You deserve it.

Not a movie but watch The Americans. They're actually Russians but that's already a given

The shoehorned love story turns an otherwise good war movie into shit

I saw this in theaters with my dad

At the very least, there is this.

Watch Stalingrad (1993) instead.

What kind of loser is such a loser that they suck at picking movies they'll enjoy?

I've never had to drop a movie because I've never picked a movie I didn't enjoy.

Good movie, but want satisfy your Russian itch. All the actors use British accents, and there's no slav squatting.

Nope

Its very silly in fact.

Came here to literally post this.

The exact same post?

What did I fucking say?

Came here to literally post this.

And what did I mean by that?

What did I fucking say?

NO NOT REALLY

COMRADECOMMISAR

Don't take it seriously and it's good. Ron Pearlman is criminally underused though

I remember this pasta, I think I may have seen it on /k/ since Enemy at the Gates is common /k/ troll material.

Bob Hoskins at least tried

>SHEETING THEIR PANTS

THIS CITY IS STALINGRAD, STALIN-GRAD!!!!!

Why would this particular movie be common /k/ troll material?

I remember that ass well, wtf why was it so memorable?

checked

We are all checked on this blessed day.

When i first saw it I was underwhelmed but I watched it again recently and thought it was good. Just wish they didn't have to add a love interest in the movie.

C'mon dude, you're just scraping the barrel at this point.

Hunt for red october?

Holy shit this scene was the first thing I ever jerked off to

>Lately I'm thinking a lot about Russians.
The Beast of War

the War & Peace miniseries, my man.

also Fiddler on the Roof, i think?

this movie did not age well. great when it came out but aged like bad cheese. it's saving grace is ed harris.

>based Konig

Definitely in my Top 5 of Nazis in film.

I think it's quite a good film

I haven't seen a lot of war movies tho

Its one of the best war movies made. I believe Ron Perlman is in it. Multiple themes in the movie. If you don't get it your kind of dumb. If you don't like the action / plot I guess I'd understand. But I thought it was awesome. Other war movies are same-y, focus on mental illness of combatants, or just have battles, which gets boring if you've watched every war movie. This one is different. A good Jude Law movie.

If I had a ruble for every time they said comrade, I'd be shot for being kulak class enemy.

hollywood remake when?

I love Enemy at the Gates.

It's sniper kino.

hopefully never

>Not liking Gattaca
>Not liking eXistenZ
>Not liking The Talented Mr. Ripley
>Not liking A.I.
>Not liking Closer
>Not liking I Heart Huckabees
>Not liking The Aviator
>Not liking Contagion
>Not liking Hugo

>What are some good movies about Russians?
youtube.com/#/watch?v=NxEbr_NiL_A

>Suddenly I want to be Jude Law and get lost in the Stalingrad that is her anus

topkek

yeah she's great in it

You've never stopped watching any movie? You've never walked out of any movie? You've never falling asleep watching any movie?

>the warfags are here

don't you have some boots to be shining?

You've enjoyed every movie you've ever watched? No regrets? Not even one?

Back when I was an alcoholic, booze certainly made even bad movies enjoyable. But now that I'm sober I just realize how much shit is out there.

>Is Enemy at the Gates good?
No. There were no SS deployed to Stalingrad. The German sniper in the movie was a Soviet propaganda myth. In reality Zaitsev just shot people and didn't duel an opposing sniper.

>Is Enemy at the Gates good?

No.

It's basically the fucking apocalypse and all the characters are concerned about is their stupid love triangle bullshit. It sucks.

Because everyone was filthy and grimey and bloody and it's just this clean milky juicy peach.

It was a light in the darkness.

Fuck i remember it too i think now. Are they kissing and he grabs her ass and you can see it jiggle a bit?

Undisputed 2 and 3 ;^)

>licking

FTFY

>he didn't understand the romantic subplot with eric banas character and war

pleb desu