Uncommon/Unpopular Opinions Thread

Uncommon/Unpopular Opinions Thread

I actually don't mind clip shows

unpopular in general, or unpopular on Sup Forums?

Have the Simpsons done a clip show episode in the last 15 years?

In general

I believe the last one was Gump Roast

Resurrection is the best Alien sequel

wasted quints.

general what?

Film and television in general

Kill Bill is the best Tarantino movie, and one of the best movies of all time.

Sounds like some people would say that desu

Daniel Tosh's stand up is pretty damn funny, although the quality of his show has declined.

Clip shows were fine when the only way to rewatch a show was to buy the VHS or take the episode yourself. The only way to see a clip/highlight was to wait for a clip show or buy the VHS of the set of episodes. However, now every clip or interesting moment is instantly uploaded to the internet where it is easily accessible.

I liked the ewoks, but didn't like them winning by hitting with sticks and stones.
Phantom Menace is the best movie of the prequels.

>implying there are any memorable clips they could even dredge up from the recent seasons to make a clip show with

Tosh's stand-up is so much better than people give him credit for.

I'm fine with them too as long as it's actual bits from the show and not just some little sketches the creators just came up with

I've been watching the Simpsons since day one and I can assure you they've Still Got It!

user if you want to start a thread on anything, you can't start with the simpsons

because the discussion will always turn to the simpsons

Only been a brief question at the start

I generally hate stand-up comedy and Tosh is one of the few comics I can actually stand

>standing stand-up comedy

I like some of The Simpsons' clip shows. OP's is good, the musical (which people don't like for some reason) is entertaining, and Behind the Laughter. The others are just insultingly lazy though.

Comedy will never be accepted in the US because of cringe culture and a general lack of respect for puns and jokes. Comedians have now reached clown/mime level.

The only things that make me laugh anymore in general are random bits of comedy that happen during someones conversation or a unexpected event in my life not by any manufactured tell joke get laugh type thing.

Hollywood will try to reimagine comedy as serious drama that occasionally has really really funny moments. So its not that you are 'an idiot who seriously watches comedy in 2017' its that the filmmakers were 'so genius' they were able to find the humor in everyday life.

Troy McClure was hit or miss.

I agree

I unironically enjoy Lady in the Water and The Happening

Kinda yeah