So I just made a list of all the 2016 films I've watched and I've ordered it from favorite to least favorite:

So I just made a list of all the 2016 films I've watched and I've ordered it from favorite to least favorite:

1. Hell or High Water
2. Arrival
3. The Nice Guys
4. The Witch
5. Green Room
6. The Lobster
7. The Wailing
8. The Handmaiden
9. 10 Cloverfield Lane
10. I Am Not a Serial Killer
11. La La Land
12. Hail, Caesar!
13. Train to Busan
14. Godzilla: Resurgence
15. Don't Breathe
16. In a Valley of Violence
17. The Greasy Strangler
18. The Neon Demon
19. Hacksaw Ridge
20. Hunt for the Wilderpeople
21. Captain America: Civil War
22. Deadpool
23. Swiss Army Man
24. Everybody Wants Some!!!
25. Star Trek: Beyond
26. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
27. Warcraft
28. Suicide Squad
29. As The Gods Will
30. Spectral
31. Blood Father
32. Blair Witch
33. X-Men: Apocalypse
34. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
35. Let Me Make You a Martyr
36. Lights Out
37. Yoga Hosers

Rate it, tear it apart, call me a pleb, criticize my tastes, post yours if you've got one or feel like making one.
Pic related, objectively the best film of 2016 IMO.

Go back.

Glad to see DCucks are still butthurt enough to be triggered by some list that doesn't even focus that much on capeshit.

Hell or high water was like a shitty no country knock off.

bro, it was like a modern western. banks man
yee haw!!

>DCuck
Oh, I am not.

Hatred of BvS is obvious sign of obnoxious plebbit. Sup Forums unironically love Dawn of Justice, consider it a masterpiece.

Also fact that zhe planted Train on Busan and LaLaLand over Neon Demon.

Nice try, by the way.

Your list is passable, I would just put Hell or High Water somewhere between 10-20 because even though the execution was fine, the whole concept and idea is not anything remarkable or new.

The movie will be forgotten entirely in a few months.

It's in the same genre modern western, but I wouldn't call it a knock-off. It's got a completely different theme, plot, characters, etc. No Country is definitely a better film though.

I hope you are just baiting.

how can you unironically love the heavy on the nose biblical symbolism, laughably blatant studio e-mail character setups, copypaste framing and composition from the comics with no artistic integrity, the comedic tonal shifts in the characters, the whole fucking third act and MARTHA

how

By being patrician.

I assumed you were because of the picture.

I know that Sup Forums is autistically contrarian and obsessed with reddit's opinion, but BvS is unironically not a very good movie
Numbers 9-20 were hard to order for me, but I definitely didn't like Neon Demon all that much. All style no substance, and it was boring.

I don't browse reddit, by the way.

>The Greasy Strangler not number 1
now quietly get the fuck out.

It was a bit too tryhard for my taste tbqh. Like you could tell it wanted to be an "INSTANT CULT CLASSIC!". I found Swiss Army Man had the same problem, but Greasy Strangler was a funnier, more enjoyable watch for me.
It definitely could have earned a higher ranking, like I said 9-20 were though to rank, but definitely not number 1.

Not bad. Though I wouldn't have watched anything after 20 to being with.

>hail cesar over Shin Gojira
>mfw

Otherwise solid list, Id place the neon demon and hacksaw ridge, and 10 Cloverfield Lane little higher tho

Yeah, I know, a lot of it I just watched almost out of obligation.
Like I said, 9-20 are pretty interchangeable. It's kind of hard to compare two movies like Hail Caesar and Godzilla, they're so completely different. Just watched Hacksaw Ridge tonight, so maybe I just need to let it sink in a bit. 10 Cloverfield Lane I couldn't rate higher because of that clusterfuck of an ending.

Have only watched this Hell or High Water. If that is objectively the best movie of the year, this was quite literally the worst year.
Considering Hell or High Water was really really mediocre

Hail, Caesar had hardly any plot, although it was pretty and fun

Shin Godzilla had a solid plot and god tier storytelling, Plus grandiose destruction and also huge political undertones as well

Also, Cloverfi was still baller as shit besides the ending, MEW in those jeans is reason enough to bump it up desu

>RLM
Who would have thought, Op. Who would have tought.

>deadpool and more capeshit before Everybody Wants Some!!

hello redduut

no plot but i could have watched another two hours of it