How vapid can one frog be?

>Couple split up
>The girl should now live a life of solitude never dating again
You're an idiot.

what are you trying to say here?

D-

>says "I'll love you forever"
>next scene she's happily married another guy
We're supposed to feel sorry for this woman why?

>We're supposed to feel sorry for this woman
Are we? They both got exactly what they wanted out of life, so why exactly should we feel sorry for her?

I don't know, people keep telling me the ending is sad. I thought they got exactly what they wanted, I'm happy we agree.

My sister likes Emma Stone. I think only because she has really pale skin like her. She made my whole family shut up just to listen to her inane interview on the red carpet at the golden globes. When it was done my little brother said "wow, she fucking sucks" and she got really mad and walked away without saying anything

this

>realizes she hates boring rich guys
>falls in love with musician
>goes to europe to get rich
>gets with boring rich guy

i don't feel sorry for her, i pity her shallow existence.

>My sister likes Emma Stone. I think only because she has really pale skin like her.
/OUR GAL/

I think people wanted a typical happy ending where they end up together 7 years later after a chance encounter.

> i pity her shallow existence
So what exactly is shallow about her existence?

she has a very superficial conception of herself. i guess it's ok as a woman.

How do we know the guy is shallow? Maybe he's a really cool dude to hang around.
Maybe something went wrong in Paris and he was there to pick up her pieces.
Maybe he has a giant dick.

We don't know anything about him other than "he has money".

>she has a very superficial conception of herself
Please explain. It seems you don't actually know why you think this, you just want to call her shallow and superficial because she is a woman.

So how exactly did Emma get super rich in 5 years if her first movie was some indie drama production? I would assume that movie was only released 2 years in. We also know she has a kid, so that's minus 1 year if not 1,5 because nobody wants a fat post-pregnancy actress. So she had 1,5 years to get into major movies and make a lot of money.

why does she value career over her relationship?
why does she only have a child after her career is established?
why does she leave someone who she loves?
why does she prioritize social acceptance and affirmation?
why does she associate commercial failure with artistic failure?

i could go on and on and on. these questions go towards her character, and as i said, as a woman it may not be all that important.

>How do we know the guy is shallow?
you can judge a lot about a person by their choice in spouse.

>Maybe he's a really cool dude to hang around.
>Maybe something went wrong in Paris and he was there to pick up her pieces.
>Maybe he has a giant dick.
are these hypotheticals meant to be evidence he isn't shallow?

Emma stone was a cunt dude

Emma stone was a cunt dude

>why does she value career over her relationship?
She doesn't, not really.

>why does she only have a child after her career is established?
Because you try living your dream and raising a child. She was obviously happy with what she had achieved and was ready to start a new chapter in her life.

why does she leave someone who she loves?
Because they were both trying to achieve vastly different goals, while still loving eachother but being pulled apart by the directions their lives were taking them

>why does she prioritize social acceptance and affirmation?
Does she? I mean she is the one who tried to encourage Ryan Gosling to not sell out and go all commercial. And with her play, it's natural to seek acceptance after you pour your heart and soul into a project like that.

>why does she associate commercial failure with artistic failure?
She doesn't. Ryan Goslings character was a purist, and to her, seeing him go the commercial route was basically forgetting his dream and just settling for the money and stability. She thought he should follow his dream.

>we will love each other forever
>but I have to go shoot a movie in Paris for half a year, so it's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to be together
It is set in 1950s after all...

>It is set in 1950s after all...

>are these hypotheticals meant to be evidence he isn't shallow?
>He's rich therefore he is shallow
Wow, that's some great evidence YOU have.

>It is set in 1950s after all...
>youtube
>cellphones
>It is set in the 1950s after all...

protip: nothing is actually important for women

That's the joke.jpg
It's not impossible to maintain a relationship for half a year in 2010s. She does get a husband and I'm assuming she still shoots movies. So why exactly did they have to separate? Because drama

Guys: "do what you love"
Girls: "$$$$$$$"

Let's say the movie had a HAPPILY EVER AFTER ending where they stayed together, what would happen after? Fire always turns into ashes. Even the deepest love ends sooner or later. And after that other loves appear. They ended up breaking apart and they acheived what they wanted, a relationship would've hindered it.

That's why they should've separated because they don't love each other anymore, not because of moving to Paris. After that dinner it was pretty obvious that they're not in love at this point. That's it, have them separate and find bittersweet happiness in their careers. Would've been a better ending.

that's what i'm saying. she is a woman, so it really doesn't matter i guess.

this is what i'm talking about. her priority is apparently to be a movie star. if you can convince me otherwise i must have dozed off during an important part. and no, being a movie star is not a meaningful goal or ambition.

she actually didn't care that gosling sold out, but she simultaneously did, and was bitchy for no reason. she was just a typical pissy woman. that's fine since it's accurate, but she's still shallow.

>So why exactly did they have to separate? Because drama
absolutely this. it's a fucking millennial movie. oh i have to break up and then have life regrets, it's just how life can be so cruel and unforgiving. why'd you break up? uhhh, well we have really complicated lives.

>Hurrr durrr women are vapid shallow cunts
I don't think you understood the movie at all. Did some girl hurt your feelings in school today?

fucking stupid slut

she should have saved herself for him forever, enter a convent or something but she got another guy just like every other used slut out there

i hate women so much, why won't they sleep with me

>Drops boring boyfriend
>Chased by Seb
>Couple split up because of their schedules: she in France for a movie, him on tour with John Legend's band.
>5 years later they see each other again and wonder what could have been.

Something that happens a lot IRL and so it's no wonder the autists are having problems with it when they finally get to see it onscreen.

That is one incredibly unattractive woman

no, i understood the movie, you're just defensive about people making judgements on others.

let's not ever judge someone else's behavior.

>you will never date her in her 'poor bf' phase
At least I have my money *cries*

She married Spartacus, so it's alright

So we agree it's not dramatic at all then.

i'm just explaining why the characters are boring and melodramatic. i don't know what the fedora is for fags and fat single women but i tip it to you sir.

The only moment characters have been melodramatic is in Seb's wet fantasies when he played the last time.

how do we even know he's rich? she's a famous actress by that point so the money might be hers.

not the other 90% of the movie where they cried about their mundane relationship?

They didn't. Literally, they just didn't talk about it.

>literally spoiling the entire movie

What really bothered me was the fact that she was flirting with Seb, a guy she literally just met, and agreeing to go to a movie with him, completely forgetting about her boyfriend and their date. And during said date, she literally storms out without a word, and starts making out with Seb in a theater.
She was just a slut, like every woman, and you shouldn't feel bad for her.

fuck you the whole movie was about their relationship

She didn't just break up with him like a normal person she left a dinner with him without saying anything to see the Goose. Obviously it's just a movie, but that would be terrible behavior IRL.

No, it was about ambitions and price of ambitions. Relationships is just a solid base for conflict of interests.