youtube.com/watch?v=v2WlHiJF_N4
youtube.com/watch?v=kGzsByEIUaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6nXRC5f5B1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Indiana jones from paramount

(Yes it's happening)

Sony pictures

What's left?

Big family franchise-wise, there's Star Wars, Star Trek, Narnia, DC, Marvel, Muppets / Sesame St., Tolkien, Peanuts, Smurfs.

Calvin & Hobbes won't happen unless someone manages to get the property after Watterson's death.

I guess they could keep digging through 80s and 90s kids' shows. Or anime, although that doesn't adapt well to western style.

Maybe Hannah Barbara stuff? Although a lot of that stuff has already been tried.

Madea

Literally anything with any recognizability.

Shit, they might pick up DC's rights if Warner Brothers can't figure out how to make their pure, unbridled KINO consumable for the stuttering masses.

If digits it will be Shrek from Dreamworks as they look to reboot the franchise

Surely there's plenty of fairy tales / folk tales they haven't done.

Although it would be a lame 'revision' at this point.

give it time

Disney buys the available Tolkien material and redoes LOTR with multicultural cast where all the orcs are white, gandalf is a woman, hobbits are gooks, aragorn is a nigger, elrond a KKK member etc.

Star Trek

kyoanus animation studio

James Bond

They probably will own Tolkien material eventually, sadly.

There's a lot of reasons I'm just cool with the whole accellerationist idea with Trump. It's not that I like Trump. He's a crude instrument.

The Warhammer 40k Universe

It must drive film studios crazy that videogame movie adaptations never work, because there's so much popular, seemingly lucrative material there... I mean one could imagine Disney trying to adapt Nintendo stuff... but it never seems to work.

Mario or Zelda maybe, eventually.

Warner Bros owns the hobbit so, no.

once the switch gets BTFO Disney will probably buy nintendo for a pittance just for the intellectual property of their characters

Nah, The Tolkien Estate would never let it happen. Fuck they didn't even want the Hobbit films to happen (not that I blame them.) There's 0 chance they would let any ((((producers)))) from Disney buy any rights to Middle Earth related stories, and I doubt WB would give up the licensing to The Hobbit. I have no clue who owns LOTR these days though.

did you just list Star Wars as something that Disney hasn't purchased yet?

They did already. I mean, they dont have the first four, but I paramount doesn't have much else these days.... a 5th film comes out, paramount wants to sell blu-rays? Disney own the rights to the character and franchise and DID buy out paramount for the ability to use the character in future films. Though to do a raiders in 3D they'd have to buy out paramounts claim to it.

I wish the Hobbit movies had never happened.

I hate fucking Warner Bros so much.

the ironic thing is it could easily work, just don't get a fucking moron hack to write the script.

they should get charlie brooker in. Say what you want about black mirror, he can build a great story

And Marvel
And Muppets

No, I was just going over family franchises in general.

Christopher won't live for many years anymore and after that they're going to cash-in.

James Bond

What market is disney not able to tap into?

They sell girl movies, with princesses. THey sell boy movies with super heroes. They sell man-children with star wars. They sell to crazy cat ladies with all their properties. Where is the gap?

Video Games..... which are on the decline, bu Disney has never really pulled of games. Other companies have. Kingdom Hearts did well. I could see Disney potentially buying Squareenix. However... Nintendo seems more like it would fit Disney's brands. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Star Fox, they practically are Disney.

>Disney has never really pulled of games. Other companies have.

Other companies have? There have ever been ANY successful video game film adaptations?

Also... video games on the decline...? I thought it's this massive, ever expanding market.

But I agree, Nintendo seems inevitable as a Disney property.

>GW
>selling anything
>giving up creative control

>There have ever been ANY successful video game film adaptations?
some star wars games were awesome
or do you mean films based on games? they are mostly shit, but succesfull

I'll roll for this.
I want to see a live action shreck played by jack black.

honest question. is there a reason you had to let everyone know you're a Sup Forumstard with that post? the post would have been perfectly fine without those retarded brackets.

Resident Evil has a 6th movie coming out, so clearly that franchise is doing something right. Tomb Raider movies did ok. The first 3 or pokemon films even managed to get US releases before becoming TV/direct video type things.

I honestly think Disney could do it. I think pixar could do it. Pixar has never adapted a work before. Everything they've done is original. It'd be very interesting to see them make say.... a pikmin movie or Earthbound which have a very Pixar film to them as it is.

I don't even browse Sup Forums and I use them. Besides, it's not like the Hobbit movies weren't an exercise in kikery.

Electronic Arts

It's not THAT easy. Which game would you pick? Warcraft has been defiled already, other Blizzard games have nowhere near the popularity (or style) to attract normie audience. Elder Scrolls could work since veryone knows Skyrimjob, GTA maybe but good luck making it distinct, same thing with CoD.

Pokemon

>Gisnep

>Switch fails
>Disney buys Nintendo
>Enter cash-grab overdrive
>IP merged with motion pictures
>Target audience lowered even further
>Nintendrones relegated to MLP grade creeps
>Kids don't like it
>"Adults" not allowed to like it
>Nintendo fades into a distant memory everyone pretends to forget behind a veil of embarrassment

>There have ever been ANY successful video game film adaptations?

The Angry Birds movie made about 350 million on a 75 million budget.
I'd call that a success.

holy shit what?
I havent heard anything about it except for that autistic analysis about how it's all a metaphor for refugees and an upcoming race war or something

>how people react to something socially will determine its success

I mean, besides what you posted being utterly insane and dripping with, I hope, some form of sardonicism, it would not play out like that. Disney knows how to market. They make loads of money off their tie-ins and so forth. Mario would cross over with star wars, mickey, marvel...... it'd be a shit show worth billions

Kids movie man. Families went to see it. That emoji movie will probably get similar numbers if its reviews arent REALLY awful. Even then, kids movies are pretty damn popular these days making 200-500m easily.

The next thing they are going to buy is netflix. Which is worse than them buying a franchise.

Yeah obviously.
I think starwars will die off though.
They're milking it WAY too hard and not at all subtle with their political bias.

And Mickey?
What the fuck is a "Mickey"?
OH you mean that little faggit with the clubhouse
youtube.com/watch?v=v2WlHiJF_N4

Disney is buying WWE in a few years.
Screencap this for future use.

Fun fact:
>While working with Ian Watson on the story for A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (2001), Kubrick asked Watson for a pre-print copy of his Warhammer 40,000 tie-in novel Inquisitor. Watson quotes Kubrick as saying, "Who knows, Ian? Maybe this is my next movie?".

>the ironic thing is it could easily work, just don't get a fucking moron hack to write the script.
you can say this about anything, really

you can have 2 people just sitting in a room and 2 hours of dialogue and it *can* be good if the person writing the screenplay is a genius and the actors are superb.

>once the switch gets BTFO

You guys really think so?

Getting talented script writers is the problem. Silent hill could have been a highly rated film had it have had competent writer's who wouldnt circle jerk certain aspects.

Bloodborne would make a delightful anime series.

>Silent hill could have been a highly rated film had it have had competent writer's who wouldnt circle jerk certain aspects.
it was probably one of the best video game adaptions nonetheless

Dark Horse.

They already own Potter, right?

You tell me

Thats Warner Bros

>Pixar Earthbound movie
I want this.

There's apparently only two types of movies that make bank those days.
Capeshit and computer animated movies with talking animals.
I am not even kidding, out of the 10 highest grossing movies a year, usually 8 or something fall in either one of those two categories.

They're gonig to do anime now. I'm 100% sure of it

I'm not a DC fag but... if they do that I'm quitting movies.

It's no fun supporting an industry so dominated by one company that critics and mindless people throw money at while ignoring any original, smaller films.

Also

>Disney

If your film has the Disney logo it'll make money because people will blindly throw money at whatever their beloved house of mouse tells them to.

Earthbound is too fucked for pixar, maybe dreamworks or whoever did storks

>inb4 they ruin Gundam

Don't worry, WB will never sell DC. They make billions of merchandising alone and the chances of making movies down the line is always there

The Quran

Ghibli's films

Live action adaptions of Mononoke Hime, Totoro and etc.

*adaptations

>WB will never sell DC.
Because no one fucking wants it.

Meanwhile, on real life...

i want them to buy out Hasbro and Robert E. Howard/Conan. Basically Disney becomes Marvel Comics circa 1984, but actually owns all of their licensed titles.

a marvelflick-like Transformers movie would be an improvement

Then Id say Harry is very much likely.

It's because the majority of the world aren't basement dwelling, sweaty, odourous 'gamers'.

Film is appreciated all over the globe, everyone can enjoy film, not everyone wants to see fucking video game films.

FUCK NO

Magic: the Gathering

Well, the good news there is that (((they))) are already killing it.

>make shit artifact sets 10x plebbier than mirrodin with filigree trains
>blue gets no good countermagic/temp anymore
>Tarm is modern legal but UU Counterspell is too much
>twin ban
>edlrazi scam to make modern players buy into OGW boosters

Fucking terrible. Maro is a goddamned idiot too for what he's doing to blue

NO.

DC

Million Dollar Extreme

Nintendo would make their own movie in-house, not sell out to disney. And they'd do a damn good job at it, IMO.

Harry Potter

JJBA
youtube.com/watch?v=kGzsByEIUaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6nXRC5f5B1M