When we're all dads, what will be considered the dadrock of our generation bros?

when we're all dads, what will be considered the dadrock of our generation bros?

Attached: 1495235671493.jpg (900x900, 109K)

The 1975
Imagine Dragons
21 Pilots

Cardi B and XXXTentacion

None of us will be dads

if were talking like 2035 or so, or 2040, when were all well into our late 40's and 50's and 60s, i think its probably gonna be shit like the menzingers and other alt rock, and pop rock.

Mr. Bungle will be dadrock

Attached: bitch_to_be_you.png (1246x699, 1.76M)

Cradle of Filth

these
also Ed Sheeran, The xx, Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, [spoiler]Mac Demarco, Tame Impala[/spoiler]...

this

dadrock is pretty much just easy accessible radio rock music from 60s-80s

Tame Impala
Ariel Pink
King Gizzard
Oh Sees
Arctic Monkeys
Queens of the Stone Age
probably some shit like The Black Keys
LCD Soundsystem
Mac DeMarco
Fleet Foxes
Father John Misty
Alvvays

None of our modern music has the staying power of dadrock

When u say black keys I know you mean this not this.... :-(

Attached: asdfasdf.png (439x219, 191K)

Wait I messed that one up. It is the other way around

None of it. Maybe Eminem and Coldplay

I agree with this, in 10 years nobody will listen to shite muzak like Ed Sheeran anymore.

>what will be considered the dadrock of our generation bros?
Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

It will be dadrap. Or dadhop. The rock is not the important part, the important part is music popularity at that time.

6ix9ine

Wtf no one mentions the killers

Lil Peep

you guys are not considering the passage of time, the nature of the music industry or the effect of the internet. please try to rethink this issue and get back to us

It will be grunge, post-grunge and buttrock.

QOTSA and Foo Fighters, which are basically dad rock as of right now anyhow.

Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar are the only guarantees

You missed Nuno Canavarro, Laurie Spiegel, Basil Kirchin, Francois Bayle, Ditto, Scott Fraser, Pork, Ruth White, Tod Dockstader, Herbert Eimert,Conrad Schnitzler, Minimal Man, I Am A Lake of Burning Orchids, :zoviet_france:, Roland Kayn, Herbert Distel, Asmus Tietchens, Thomas Mann, Beaver & Krause, Supersilent, Daniel Schmidt, Dreamies, Edward M. Zadja, Korea Undok Group, Tiziano Popoli, Franco Leprino, Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Company, U Sco, Silver Apples, Triptides, David Borden, Seesselberg, Nocturnal Emissions, Caroline K, Pink Industry, Morton Feldman, Didier Bocquet, Michael Pisarro, Attwenger, Cosmic Circus Music, Graham Lambkin, Mz. 412 and
Iannis Xennakis

black keys really dropped off a cliff; I guess you can't expect a band to just keep producing raw blues rock as they get older and older, but still disappointing nonetheless.

Rammstein

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-190104.jpg (1349x1357, 740K)

>having children

guys le epic haha

Royal Trux

>mr.bungle fans
>ever having kids

choose one

pitchfork-core

having children is the single most unethical thing anyone can do. read better never to have been you fucking soyboys lmao

whatever genre you listen to with dad in front of it

Hopefully the nukes will drop before that happens

actual dad rock is gonna be hip hop and trap, because that is the ubiquitous genre of today and on the radio. this user has it correct. dad rock isn't about it being rock and roll. dad rock is just what the kids were listening to back in those days, and today those same types of kids are listening to hip hop and trap. Kanye is gonna be known as "dad music" more than fucking King Gizzard is for fuck's sake. Gizz will go down like some New Wave bands, where maybe they play on the alt oldy station, but no kids will be aware that bands like King Gizzard or Oh Sees or Ariel Pink even existed (unless they're actually into music)

did not expect to come to this thread to get a great "artists to listen to" list. All that neo-folk I recognize tells enough that the rest will be great

All rock is dad rock.

none of that is popular enough
the thing is, dadrock is just "peak rock" - all the best music of the 1970's, really: Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Steely Dan, Clapton, Bowie - even Doobie Brothers, Boston, Black Sabbath, whatever.

Rock didn't evolve past the 70's really, it's just rehashed versions of what came before (U2 maybe a little original at first, Tool, etc), that's why other genres like rap and electronica became more popular.
Tomorrow's dadrock is rap and electronica and Kpop, I'd say.

Attached: `45o345uy2oi4.gif (500x500, 923K)

This, posting on Sup Forums precludes you from breeding.

Men who like K-pop will not breed

most of these are pretty good, but next to none will be remembered on the scale that dad rock has been

Radiohead, U2, Coldplay - anything that match these band's popularity peak

Half of those weren't the most popular artists of the 1970s though. Steely Dan barely broke the top 20. Bowie was a large phenomenon in Britain in the early 1970s but then had on off on off hits in the US and UK. Hendrix was dead and Clapton's projects had varying levels of success. A lot of dadrock canon was not successful or critically esteemed (Black Sabbath was critically despised and it took years for acts influenced by them to take off) in its own time.

Stuff like philly soul, Debby Boone, very soft rock, the Osmonds and disco reigned supreme and most 1970s youth music is NOT remembered. You're looking at it through a distorted lens. People on Sup Forums think the 1970s was the 'peak' rock album age when in reality it was the age when different types of black and singer-songwriter music dominated the charts.

Likewise peoples memory of the 2010s is going to be distorted through the lens of the bias of futue generations and ephemeral stuff melting away from peoples consciousness. I already see this happening with the 2000s.

Attached: 1_HhFFYsgsswnxa2oYIBdIxg.jpg (295x332, 18K)

A lot of the rock from the late 2000s & early 2010s is ALREADY outdated to anyone in their teens or early 20s

And I'm serious, too.

Rock music is so irrelevant to kids these days, that music from just the late 2000s & early 2010s is outside of their scene

One of the most disappointing fall-offs of the 2010’s if the most. I really thought they had a couple of great minds, and 5-10 mores years of god tier music. Shame...

Nickelback

That's another thing

Seemingly most of the good breakout bands from the late 2000s & early 2010s are past their prime

Rock music is practically dead

akon, lady gaga, 2009-2011 lil wayne, katy perry, taylor swift, ed sheeran, drake, justin bieber, trap

radiohead