Oscar Nominations announced

BASED MEL IS BACK

Rest of the nominations is pretty much as predicted

oscar.go.com/news/nominations/oscar-nominations-2017-view-the-complete-list-of-nominees

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscar-nominations-2017-complete-list-nominees-967374
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for La La Land

It's going to be Barry, you know it, it's too easy of a pick.

Actually, most of Sup Forums already know non-Miyazaki anime has zero chance. It's only the few casuals (idiots) and keitai spammers (retards) who try to push that shit.

Pay your respects

>Viggo and Mel got nominated
>Amy and Marty got snubbed

not sure how to feel

>BvS got 8 razzie noms
>SS got an Oscar nom
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What are the odds that anything involving niggers will sweep the oscars this year?

>gosling
>stone
Lmao oscars

>pretty much as predicted
>silence got snubbed
>amy adams got snubbed
>based viggo on lead actor

Last for La La Land

>Meli Gibson and Villneuve
>Scorsese left out

wow

why do people like viggo so much anyway?

BTFOD!

>Denis Villeneuve
Absolutely dishonest and talentless

>Mel Gibson
Honest but senile

>Damien Chazelle
The landmark of cinematic dishonesty, would probably murder a relative just to get acclaim

>Kenneth Lonergan
Honest but friend of criminals

>Barry Jenkins
Pretty young career, will probably follow the steps of Chazelle

Just finish the Irishman. It will get nomination, it's what he does best after all.

They're gonna give all the awards to Blacky Jenkins.

Villneuve

now talk about the films

Silence was way too weird for the academy. Also, christian and they gave the token christian nom to Hacksaw. It's basically the 2016 version of Last Temptaion of Christ. Of course it isn't going to win shit.

Amy adams was dogshit in Arrival then again so was stone in la la land

Are any of these films even worth watching? I saw Arrival and La La Land and neither were nearly as good as hollywood wanted me to believe.

a literal list of overrated shit

Sooo what are you doing here, then? The fuck did you expect?

When Marnie Was There and Kaguya were nominated back to back a few years ago.

Kimi no Wa didnt get in because it lacked previous award traction. Is that simple. It didnt do that well at Annie awards and was completely snubbed by Globes, BAFTAS and BFCA (the most important oscar predictors). Takahata did similar with Kaguya back in 2015 and everyone was shocked when his movie got a nomination because it was barely in consideration anymore

>Sooo what are you doing here, then?

This is my board

Best actor
>Ryan Gosling
>Andrew Garfield

I dont usually follow the Oscars, is it just 'Actors in films we watched in the past 2 months' sort of awards?
Otherwise its a pretty shit list of noms

>dishonest

This shit needs to die.

So the fight for best picture will be between La La Land and Moonlight.

One is a Hollywood wankfest, and they love those.
The other is the most progressive movie ever made and literally the second coming of black christ.
And they're both pretty good films.

Place your bets.

14 fucking nominations for La La Land, are they joking?

Nerds

Arrival was pretty good

>dishonest

What does this mean? Is this a new buzzword to describe a movie you don't like but at the same time not bother with any kind of justification?

No, what are you doing in this thread?

hell or high water and hacksaw ridge will be remembered as classics

>Doctor Strange got one
>Deadpool didn't get shit

you better stick to your foreign arthouse flicks then

Why is everything the Academy nominates so hopelessly dull? Why don't they at least occasionally award weird shit like Cannes does?

>this post
Alternative honesty and hackery

Manchester by the sea, hacksaw ridge, moonlight and silence you could try

hasn't it tied the record of Titanic for most nominations?

Fucking Suicide Squad and Hidden Figures get Oscar Noms but not Silence? Sad!

Ive literally never hears about this movie until now, what the fuck is it even about

Why didn't you like Garfield in Hacksaw Ridge? Just curious

>Best Picture

>Hidden Figures
>Fences
>Moonlight

WHITEY BTFO

Weird shit doesn't throw money to get noms

Can anyone make a list of the total of nominations each movie received? Pls

Fuller list: hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscar-nominations-2017-complete-list-nominees-967374

There should be an inquest if La La Land doesnt win at least 10 oscars.

because the Academy only likes a specific type of drama movie, hence why you call movies "oscar-bait"

Yasss queen!!!!

Did he think a pro-Christianity movie would get praised by the (((Academy)))?

I hope Casey Affleck and Isabelle Huppert go on to win now.

Really happy Michael Shannon got nominated after being snubbed noms for the Bafta and the Globes over Aaron Taylor Johnson. Apparently this is the first time a golden globe supporting actor win hasn't gone on to get oscar nominated.

>Comparing Barry Jenkins to Chazelle
kys

NO AMY ADAMS FOR ARRIVAL OR NOCTURNAL ANIMALS WTF REEEEEE

Can't Stop the Feeling from Trolls got in?

Silence got a nomination for cinematography

Silence got a nom for cinematography I believe

Moonlight will win cos of the no niggers getting nominated fiasco last year

You do know La La, Gosling, Emma will still sweep it for whiteys, nonetheless?

I imagine Octavia or Viola will get a negro pass over at Supporting, but that's it.

Stop it. Just fucking stop it. I am deadly fucking serious. This whole dishonesty principle is ripped from a quote in a book about Documentary film. When applied to narrative-based films this criticism literally has no weight because it means N-O-T-H-I-N-G. It's not part of the discourse. Stop shitting up literally every fucking thread about films with these pointless fucking posts.

And it's equally garbage, but La La Land is precisely designed to appeal to literally all the Hollywood nostalgia you can imagine.

>Hacksaw Ridge

What this new dishonesty meme? Is it from reddit or something?

I think Dr. Strange actually deserves to get the Best Special Effects Oscar

Affleck and Shannon winning would seriously be amazing

>Is a "The Artist" episode

Real contrarians here but real talk

Hidden Figures and they couldn't bother to nominate Silence?

Really?

>Getting a nomination for sitting in a bed, moaping and reading a book, then dressing up as a priviledged slut to go to a fancy dinner and moap when nobody arrives.

Please describe what the fuck was Oscar-worthy about this? Awards-worthy, even?

did SS get more nominations than silence?

Yes.

Oscarbait wankfest. Basically a musical harking back to the likes of Fred Astaire that sucks off the golden age of Hollywood. Except it's shit.

No they won't they were utterly terrible. The jew portman and nigga denzel or affleck will get it

La La Land will sweep and Toni Erdmann wins best foreign picture

*yawn*

Just got here, was The Handmaiden nominated for best foreign?

So hilarious watching Sup Forums acting so salty when Your Name is not nominated. Why is it so hard to accept that both Kubo and Zootopia are simply better animated features in 2016?

I didn't dislike him, I just didn't love him.

I'm struggling to believe this year has been so weak that just decent performances are in contention for an oscar.

Gosling is legit mediocre in everything he does, he seems a nice guy but he was zero onscreen charisma

damn this year was actually quite good

how about best foreign film?

>Land of Mine, Denmark, Martin Zandvliet, director
>A Man Called Ove, Sweden, Hannes Holm, director
>The Salesman, Iran, Asghar Farhadi, director
>Tanna, Australia, Bentley Dean, Martin Butler, directors
>Toni Erdmann, Germany, Maren Ade, director

Screencap yours, I'll screencap mine, let's meet again on Oscars' night.

Basically la la land has it in the bag unless something big happens politically in the next couple weeks. If it does, expect wins for Moonlight and Streep.

It was one of my most anticipated movies since a few months ago. I'm really glad the kino is doing well, this speaks great for all the young filmmakers and filmbuffs in the world right now.

Where is BvS you guys?

Is the academy too stupid to appreciate patrician kinographie?

You have to go back

The Salesman
Land of Mine
Tanna
A Man Called Ove
Toni Erdmann

Korea is fucking retarded and sent in Age of Shadows as their nomination

No, but the Land of Mine did.

how new are you?
lalala land have been talked about constantly here

I think La La Land will win, either Best Picture or in the most categories. Academy judges go nuts over that one musical movie that comes around once every few years.

No idea what those, except Erdmann and Salesman, are. Literally no traction anywhere, except Academy geezer.

Would actually give it to Salesman over Erdmann, but that's just me.

No u reddit

There's nothing Hollywood loves more than fellating itself. Remember when Argo won?

La La Land will take 9-10 Oscars
Toni Erdmann will take it pretty easily

Have you watched Moonlight? That movie deserves all the accolades that it gets unlike La La Bland.

holy shit what a terrible year it was for movies.

the only thing I would like to see is based dev patel win. everything else is trash. might as well let la la land sweep everything to cover up how bad the others are.

You're not wrong. It was worth the extras for the 3D ticket.

Gotcha, I had my doubts about him but I really loved him in Hacksaw. I agree about Gosling in La La Land, he was the worst part of the film I think (and I actually like him). Although he did end up being a pretty good dancer.

Best costume design - La La Land

Because eIntersteller > Arrival

Oh senpai you didnt seem to understand I couldnt be bothered to actually give a shit when people like jlaw and sandra bullock are oscar winners. I wont even be watching

Sweet, Mica Levi got a nom

I don't know what Oscar trend I hate more, the retro boomer bait musicals, or the oscarbait biographical movies of famous people being famous

Why the fuck can't a fucking comedy or thriller actually win for once.