top left and bottom left

>we need a fifth nominee
>just toss streep and denzel in there

Huppert and Affleck should and hopefully will win

no1curr

Emma and Ryan

which will hurt more, Streep or Negga?

My money's on Streep

Of course Portman. It's all well and good for the foreign press to reward those fancy talking foreign movies but lets be real here, Hollywood will go through any lengths to pretend that an A list star that has made them millions of dollars with blockbusters has successfully transitioned to "serious" work.

It's the exact reason Ben Affleck's living breathing piece of mediocrity Argo got showered with awards and the same reason Clint Eastwood gets Oscars just for successfully rolling out of bed in the morning.

literally the biggest event this board has after the bane anniversary

OH WHERE DA FUCK ARE MUH NOMS GOOMBA

OSCARSSOWHITE

Huppert and Affleck.

A shitty actor!!

user!!!
for the role in the movie autism (2017) !!!
whats the next step of your plan?

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

>Picture
Guess: La La Land
Deserves: La La Land

>Animated Film
Guess: Zootopia
Deserves: Kubo and the Two Strings

>Actor
>Guess: Casey Affleck
Deserves: Casey Affleck

>Actress
Guess: Natalie Portman
Deserves: Emma Stone

>Writing
Guess: Moonlight and La La Land
Deserves: Arrival and Manchester by the Sea

>Directing
Guess: Damien Chazelle
Deserves: Damien Chazelle

Can we also talk about how idiotic of a thing it is to have "Hidden Figures" nominated for fucking ANYTHING? That movie was a joke and it is only included because "they be black."

One could also say that about Fences and Moonlight, but at least those were competent films.

Can't believe Emma Stone got nominated for that fucking low-hanging-fruit role. The Oscars are fucking shit man, fucking shit.

2 blacks
4 jews
3 whites

DID SOMEONE SAY MADCHESTAH

oscar will nominated at least 1 film which is oscar-bait.few years ago a shit movie about 9/11 got nominated for best picture.

>La La Land
>14 nominations
They will win 7 at least.

I'm hoping Emma and Viggo

Stone is actually a really good actress

#OscarsSoJewish

It was a tough year for actresses, quality wise. I think Emma was the best of the bunch, maybe tied with Portman. Both weren't fantastic, but better than the alternatives.

I figured Moonlight was this year's Oscar-Baitâ„¢ film. It's like it was created via checklist.

"Well, here's my movie. It's about a black kid..."
"oh fuck yeah? Go on"
"...who is GAY..."
"oh shit nigga here we go, keep going"
"...in a POOR NEIGHBORHOOD..."
"oh fuck I'm gonna movie-cum, don't stop"
"...WITH DADDY ISSUES"
*jizzes everywhere because that is the most try-hard-for-awards film ever produced*

this is a jew-friendly board buddy

Are the SJW flipping out yet?

She won't sing live, that'll hurt her chances.

Now this is Progress! Time to pat yourselves on the back Academy. You certainly showed Trump with this brave recognition of diversity.

If Portman wins for Jackie, that's an absolute joke.
The movie was complete shit.

in theory that doesn't matter

At least more whites that niggers

>token black in both catagorys

>Best Picture
Deserves: Moonlight

>Best Actor in a Leading Role
Guess: Ryan Gosling
Deserves: Casey Affleck

>Best Actress in a Leading Role
Guess: Natalie Portman
Deserves: Isabelle Huppert

>Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Guess: Mahershala Ali
Deserves: Mahershala Ali

>Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Guess: Naomie Harris
Deserves: Michelle Williams

>Animated Feature Film
Guess: Zootopia
Deserves: Kubo and the Two Strings

>Cinematography
Deserves: La La Land

>Directing
Guess: Damien Chazelle
Deserves: Barry Jenkins

>Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
Guess: Fences
Deserves: Fences

>Writing (Original Screenplay)
Deserves: Manchester by the Sea

>catagorys

LOL

Here goes one now

Moonlight was a joke, man. It was better than "Hidden Figures" but it was a joke. See

Emma Stone and Denzel.

just because it's about something you think is cliche and "baity" doesn't mean it wasn't a good movie. it was.

Seeing a lot of Casey Affleck on here. Is that movie really that good?

That's true. It wasn't a bad film. I just don't think it was better than, say, La La Land, Manchester by the Sea, Arrival or even Hell or High Water.

Shia LaBeouf, for his amazing performance in "He will not divide us"

I woudl bet my life that neither of you actually saw Moonlight

It's about Manchestah, lad. Of course it's wicked.

I saw it twice actually. Once on my own, second with a class. First time I liked it. Second time, I didn't at all.

Stone will win, Isabelle deserve more

Casey will win, Casey deserves

If Denzel and Meryl win nostalgia votes I'm going to REE

Really though he was good American Honey

They're still asleep from having no jobs

Not even memeing but anyone but Gosling or Stone they shouldn't have even been nominated. Rebecca Hall for example.

People love when Ryan Gosling acts like Ryan Gosling and people love when Emma Stone acts like Emma Stone. People meaning plebs.

True with Ryan Gosling (except with some performances) but and normally true with Emma Stone, but in La La Land she was pretty great. I mean, by all accounts, she was just standardly "good" but during the show-stopper, she was fantastic.

It was the show-stopper during Les Miserables (2012) that got Hathaway her Oscar. I don't imagine it'll be different for Stone.

>>Best Picture
>Guess: La La Land
>>Best Actor in a Leading Role
>Guess: Casey Affleck
>>Best Actress in a Leading Role
>Guess: Isabelle Huppert
>>Best Actor in a Supporting Role
>Guess:
>>Best Actress in a Supporting Role
who cares
>>Animated Feature Film
who cares again
>>Cinematography
>>Directing
>Guess: Damien Chazelle
>>Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
who cares
>>Writing (Original Screenplay)

that's my bet

Stone was shit so it could even be Streep
50% Affleck 50% Nigga Denzel

Hershlag will win her second Oscar, she even got pregnant like last time

Did we watch the same film? I loved it, but I was really stoned when I watched it so maybe I was just too immersed

DUDE WEED LMAO

Streep will win it because she's been the best goy recently.

Gosling will win even though he's overrated as fuck.

>somehow amy adams doesn't even get a nom

this shit is a fucking joke and i'm glad they are losing millions upon millions of viewers every year for pushing some bullshit agenda

I didn't think she was particularly good and especially her singing. So no thank you.

Just wait til Sunday for the Screen Actors Guild Awards

I understand Hollywood will always wank over the Hollywood wank so I'm sure La La Land will clear Best Picture, Director, Cinematography, Music, etc. but holy fuck please do not give La La Land acting and writing awards. Just don't do it Hollywood.

B/c the Academy couldn't say know to gay BBC.

While the actress noms are hogwash I don't think Amy Adams was good in Arrival and I'm holding back swearing here

Portman for mimic Angelina Jolie

I literally only prefer gay negroes the movie to La La Land because fuck frog lady and jazz music

It probably won't win Best Actor (unless Gosling wins the SAG and the film sweeps.... then we might have something) but I think Stone will sneak away w. Best Actress and it might win Screenplay though Manchester is gonna be tough to beat.

Stone is the most likely though.

t. Someone who overrates emma stone

adams deserved a nom (for either arrival or nocturnal animals) far more than hollywood's little anti-trump mouthpiece

Checked
Has the goose always been able to play piano like he did in la la land? Was impressive desu

yo I dont get it, Kubo was shitty, the only good thing is the animation (which, to be fair is pretty great) but my lord the story is shit, especially the ending

>negga

How would a person from rural Pennsylvania pronounce this name?

#oscarssoblack

La La Land is a fucking terrible film. I don't give a fuck about that turboretarded Sup Forums pasta about how "chasing your dreams is idiotic, everyone should be a cynical NEET neckbeard like me" but the acting and singing was abysmal and the characters are paper thin and one dimensional. Whiplash was awful as well, except for Simmons, is Chazelle or whatever the biggest hack in Hollywood?

Don't forget, Chastain was the frontrunner in 2012 before Lawrence won the Globe and SAG.

If Stone wins the SAG I feel like she'll win the Oscar. Even if Portman does win, however, I have a feeling she'll split the 'drama' vote with Huppert and Stone will sneak in.

MAD MADCHESTER MAD MADCHESTER

>Argo is a living, breathing piece of mediocrity

This is not immediately obvious to me. Why do you think so? I quite enjoyed the film

>inb4 REEEE JEW KEK SHILL GO AWAY I CAN'T HANDLE A SIMPLE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE DEMERITS OF A MOVIE I DISLIKED REEEEEEEEEE

Wait, I only see Garfield and Hershlag, aren't the others White?

I feel like both of these guy got snubbed.

>Best Actor: replace Ryan Gosling for La La Land with Michael Shannon for Midnight Special
>Best Supporting: replace Michael Shannon for Nocturnal Animals with Joel Edgerton for Midnight Special

Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that.Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.
3.5/10 - at least it looked good.

youtube.com/watch?v=cUVqTzvyudQ
D E N Z E L
E
N
Z
E
L

See
I agree with this user

Does the academy just search for whatever movie Streep is in each year.? I haven the even heard of the movie she was nominated for before 10 minutes ago.

Stone for using sound sofware. Now I know why she has been growing an ass

I think you're giving too much credit to Disney there friendo...

Old Disney maybe. Neo Disney.... eeeeeeeeennaaaahhhhh its shit for the most part.

Anyone who doesn't think Moonlight is going to win best picture after last years chimp out is an idiot.

>THE ACADEMY OF LIBERALS

puppets for the bankers
all of them

this. it will actually be worse for the next 4 years, oscars will become even more political as a "fuck you" to the current administration, rewarding hack oscarbait movies like moonlight simply because of "muh poor blacks"

there are actual masterpieces like city of god that won zero (0) oscars, and then contrived shit like moonlight which will probably get several.

So what should have been nominated instead of the nigger movies?

He's talking about classic disney likely

Why are you all ignoring all the other categories?

>Cinematography
Arrival

>Costume Design
Florence Foster Jenkins

>Directing
La La Land

>Film editing
Arrival

>Foreign language film
Toni Erdmann

>Music (original score)
La La Land

>Production design
Hail, Caeser!

>Sound editing
Arrival

>Sound mixing
Hacksaws Ridge

>Visual effects
Kubo and the Two Strings

>Writing adapted screenplay
Moonlight

>Writing (original screenplay)
La La Land

>>Cinematography
>Arrival

It's gonna be La La Land 1000%

City of God getting snubbed is exactly the kind of shit that people railing against the Academy being 95% made up of crusty old self-serving Hollywood men are trying to prevent from happening you fuckwit.

Try watching movies before you shit on them, nothing about Moonlight is "muh poor blacks" and anymore than On the Waterfront or Rocky is "muh poor whites."

Fuck off it really didn't look that good. I didnt care for arrival either

Only serious actors are the two on the right.
Everyone else could go drown and the world would not give a fuck.

>nothing about moonlight is muh poor blacks

did YOU watch the movie?

feel free to enlighten me as to how this is anything but oscarbait

I am really really happy for Shannon getting nominated for best supporting actor in Nocturnal Animals.

Outclassed Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal easily, such an underappreciated actor, especially in recent years.

>screenplay
If la la land wins any writing its a travesty, script was so bad

Affleck and Stone.

2 and 10 and I have no idea what movies they've been in and have no idea how good their performances really were.

screencap this.

Is that Ruth Nega?

Should be this. I would be so happy.