How many films have you seen from Sight & Sound list Sup Forums? Be honest please

strawpoll.me/12212384

letterboxd.com/gyhaney/list/sight-sound-top-250/

imdb.com/list/ls008765885/

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/list/ls008765885/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I only watch films I'm interested in and not films because of the film making. I realize it might be seen as a pleby thing but after Moonlight, a movie about a gay aidsnigger with aids, I really just don't care if the movie isn't about something I'm actually interested in.

All of them. At 1.5x speed

You're right. You're a pleb.
Your parents must be proud that you're trolling on anonymous board.

According to Letterboxd i've seen 120 of 250 (48%)

What a great list, having "masterpieces" like this one of the worst films i've ever seen

Went through the first 100 on the list and counted about 50 that I've seen

>My Neighbor Totoro is #164
What the fuck?
I didn't even expect to see Ghibli on this, let alone that one. I always thought it would be too kiddy for me. Maybe I should actually give it a shot. Seriously, I'm surprised to see that here.

Tha's great, but that's the director's poll.

Spirited Away is on it also. Totoro definitely feels out of place but I guess it's pretty influential for an anime and is a cultural icon for Japan.

41/120

Yeah, I just got there.
Still, it being influential seems like a weird reason to put it up as one of the "greatest films of all time." I don't normally think of a piece of art as great just because it's influential.

I've only seen 14 of this list, though, so I might just be a pleb.

>imdb.com/list/ls008765885/
Vertigo at #1?! What the fuck kind of shitty list is this? Not to mention most of the rest of the top 10, liberal artfag trash

>he enjoys capeshit & star wars

I've got some work to do.

nope, but at least the makers and viewers of capeshit are aware they're making and watching trash

wew lad

>might

I've seen 166. Not too bad I suppose.

seen 89 with 45 in my watchlist.

Vertigo definitely doesn't belong at #1, Hitchcock is pretty plebby. Only Americans think he's good.

That's a stupid thing to say.

I've seen probably close to double that, but too long ago to accurately rate, so I haven't.

The first statement is a decent argument, the second and the third shows you're just another retard

You know Cahiers du cinéma (french magazine) were the first people to praise Vertigo right? when it was panned by American critics back in 1958

sure...

>ET
>Blade Runner
>Anime
>Pulp Fiction

What a horrible list. This magazine used to be respectable at one point in time. Won't be long before they start adding Superhero movies to the list.

>Pulp Fiction
like it or not, its one of the most important films of all the time

>Army of Shadows that high, below Pulp Fiction and other much worse films

This. It has influenced just about every movie that came after it, for better or worse.

Why? It's popular, and influenced a lot of shitty directors, but so did Scarface. Why is it important?

It was, first of all, an enormous success for independent film. It was the most talked about movie of the year. The actual content of the film was very postmodern (what do gangsters talk about between hits?) Nearly every movie now tries to subvert expectations in a similar way.

Muh Classics: The List

I've seen 63, and I probably won't watch many more because movies like these almost always end up being disappointing somehow.

This whole post is pitiful.

I guess I agree

>Classics: The List
Great criticism, buddy

Is Citizen Kane really worth watching? It seems like one of those movies that's more for film students to study then it is a actual good movie. I've watched tons of classic Noir movies and just about all of Bergman but I feel i'd hate Citizan Kane.

Of course it's worth watching you mongoloid.

>Is Citizen Kane really worth watching?
The city of Sup Forums

I just know i'll be disappointing for not knowing all the incredible film techniques that make it what it is. Should I read about how they filmed and directed it first? or just go in blind?

It's an entertaining and noticeably well made film no matter how much of a pleb you are.

fuck off newfag

>this pathetic creature trying to fit in

i saw vertigo yesterday or the day before, i wasnt into the abrupt ending, I thought it was meh until i got to the tweest where
the brunette was actually the blonde the whole time

then the other twist where he was all: I was onto you - you little bitch

that's when I knew I was onto something good
but the ending kinda brought it down

the only other hitchcock ive seen is rear window and it blows vertigo away

>i-i'm not new!
go to bed runt

Stop spouting nonsense, retard

stop replying you fucking loser

Get fucked, retard

I've seen 68 of them. were they good?

pathetic

Yes, you are

The acting in Vertigo is too bad for me to even consider it a good movie

keep replying then sad fuck

Stop being a retard, retard

>then the other twist where he was all: I was onto you - you little bitch
That wasn't a twist, the movie shows you the exact moment Scottie realizes it.

Try Psycho, it's his most iconic film for a reason

i bet you'd keep replying to me until the thread died lmao

End yourself.

I've seen like 12 Hitchcock movies and Vertigo is the one I liked the least.

Rear Window, Dial M For Murder and Rope are the best three. For his older stuff, check out The 39 Steps. It's really comfy.

Give me a rec based on the last 5 films I watched and the way I ranked them

Night In The City (1950) Jules Dassin
8/10
To Have and Have Not [1944] by Howard Hawks
8/10
Nashville [1975] by Robert Altman
7/10
Alice in the Cities (1974) Wim Wenders
9/10
McCabe and Mrs Miller (1971)
7/10

Doctor Strange

Guardians Of The Galaxy is one of my favorites

There are some pretty unforgivable omissions on that list given some of the shit that appears towards the end

Samefag

samefag

Yeah the more I analyze the list the more retarded and pretentious is seems.

How is it retarded or pretentious?

bet you like kubrick

>nashville
>7
fool

Can only clearly say 41. I honestly can't remember if I saw Vertigo and ET myself or if I just know the stories and scenes from the culture. And I didn't include any that I did not watch all the way through like the original King Kong.

The only discernible criteria is auteurial vision yet the list includes multiple Scorses flicks, Malick and Lynch's worst individual movies, fucking Star Wars, E.T., spaghetti westerns in the same list as Bresson dissertations
This list couldn't list couldn't get more hipster if it tried

The list isn't hipster in any way, what the fuck.
Nor it is retarded or pretentious. You seem to be just out of your league

I counted 18 I haven't seen, maybe I should watch them but I have enough films to watch as it is.

It's pretentious because it leaves out some of the most highly regarded movies of all time for action flicks and borderline unwatchable "experimental" crap
I would call this list taste signaling

Honestly a movie being on TSPDT/S&S/Ebert's Great Movies/etc. makes me want to watch it slightly less.

It shouldn't be so

Vertigo isn't that good desu. I don't know why critics got a boner for it in recent years.

rope is better than vertigo

Yeah they're biased against action movies! It's totally not that plebs are biased toward action movies! They're all just out to get us!!!!!

Plebs unite!

FUK DA POOPY DRAMAS :(((

I said they left out other movies in favor of action movies dumbass

Vertigo has been praised for very long as of the many Hitchcock's masterworks

>list includes There Will be Blood
>no magnolia
just fuck my list up senpai

Maybe not. I'd just rather watch something more unknown than a popular French movie from the 60's which has been raved about since then. These lists suck the fun out of movies.

Plus I sincerely despise shit like Close-Up which are obligatory for those lists.

It's not even good as far as Hitchcock flicks go.

I've seen 96 of the top 100.

Haven't seen
>A Day in the Country
>Baeu Travail
>L'eclipse
>The Mother and the Whore

My mistake, thought it a real poster.

Sounds like autism

They wanted to vote for Citizen Kane or The Godfather without voting for Citizen Kane or The Godfather.

>>A Day in the Country
>>Baeu Travail
I've seen these. Baeu Travail has an interesting ending. A Day in the Country is pretty comfy.

I like great movies that these people have never seen, and you will never see because you'll be following a list made by self-fellating nostalgic baby boomers for the rest of your life.

Cool, those two were the ones tat sounded more interesting to me.

Yes, it's definitely autism. You're also making a very embarrassing play of hipsterism.
Try to get better