Excluding Drake, Kendrick, J. Cole, Meek Mill, Big Sean...

Excluding Drake, Kendrick, J. Cole, Meek Mill, Big Sean, Rocky and all those other legacy motherfuckers who were out before 2014, who is the current hottest rapper in the game? Who is the guy they will look to 5 years from now and think, yeah, they did that shit.

Right now I think only two rappers on the planet fit the bill - X and Uzi. They are the only ones who have had #1 Albums that are actually relevant unlike Logic who will never be relevant.

Attached: 1506736248328.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQAwGHI29A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Young Thug

lil pump

J.I.D is going to pop soon. Or just starting to.

FAKE
MUSIC

Attached: 532.png (197x255, 1K)

Do rap groups count? If so, Brockhampton.

Thugger's been around since before 2014
Possibly, we'll see if he tops or at least matches Gucci Gang.

I'd say you're spot on OP

I don't see a collective that big still being together in 5 years time.

No one, they're all trash.

Attached: 3ab.jpg (280x280, 14K)

>Excluding all of these current acts that are eligible but don't count because I say so
Fuck off.

Logic

They still have the potential to become a cultural force in these next few years. They've already garnered a niche fan-base on independent websites such as these. All they just need to do now is make an album alongside one or two hit singles and BOOM! They'll be the next big thing in rap! And if that fails, maybe they'll all go solo and one of them hits big on his own.

Kevin and Merlyn both have big potential as soloists, IMO

Definitely not Young Thug. He's not hot/new, he stopped being wierd to get radio play, and people who listen to the radio don't like him cause he ruined Havana. Also he changed his name to "sex"

X is a dark horse... He has a surprising amount of depth compared to his contemporaries, but I don't know if he could sustain his success for the next 5 years. He's got the cute features for a cult-like following, so who knows how long the chicks stick around.

Uzi won't ever top XO, and I think he's on the decline. Yachty's in that same boat too

Lil Pump has serious meme appeal, which is strangely important now (see: fortnite, Yung Gravy, Joji) plus he's had two really big songs, while most "flash in the pan" guys get one

Migos are really hard to count out, long term they definitely have another big album in them, and at least a couple more singles, plus features... Rn you could definitely call quavo the biggest new school cat

Lowkey/long term I'd put money on Denzel Curry for that real hip hop bullshit. Tech n9ne fans like him for the stupid fast-so-its-good flow, he's got a new school vibe with new school collaborators, he's from Florida (biggest area for hip hop rn) and had a big meme song - so he's somewhat known

Kodak Black: so over it's funny.

Ski mask the slump god: totally overshadowed by X, plus he got fat

Dex: lmao nah

Brockhamton's interesting but I don't think any of them are as interesting, or as distinct, as the top crop of OF.

21 Savage is going to stick around for way longer than people give him credit for. I wouldn't be surprised if he notched another huge hit

>Yachty's in that same boat too

Nah, that lil boat 2 is the best shit he's put out ever.

Kys learn good music fuckwit cunt

>Migos are really hard to count out, long term they definitely have another big album in them

Culture 2 sucked ass

Unfortunately SixNine might be the hottest right now out of sheer energy/controversy

>Who is the guy they will look to 5 years from now and think, yeah, they did that shit
lol none of them, they're all sleeper cringe

this thread sucks and is white

sage

Great contribution

Yung Lean

21 Savage

What about trippie? here is his new song
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQAwGHI29A
btw i think uzi is going to last long in the game

kill yourself..

also it will be Denzel Curry or Kendrick

Seems to me like Yachty and Uzi will be the only ones remembered from this wave of clones. Not saying their music stands out, just I think the two of them sum up this wave of soundcloud mumble trap the best