Larks' Tongues in Aspic was released today, 45 years ago

Larks' Tongues in Aspic was released today, 45 years ago.

Say something nice about it.

Attached: Larks_tongues_in_aspic_album_cover.jpg (300x300, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eOdk015mLEo
youtube.com/watch?v=JK9QUqUGmb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The talking drum gave me a hard on the first time i heard it, thank you little Larks.

Better then ITCOTCK

when you say this you do stand out, but in a negative way. I mean sure it is your taste and you like whatever you want but ITCOCK introduced to the world the first prog metal track the schizoid man.
Only a dumb soyboy would hold this opinion.

This prog album is better metal than all the metal ever done.

Try Cult of Luna - Mariner, you might like it if you honestly hold this opinion on metal.

What? It's not uncommon at all for Larks Tongues to be cited as their best album. It's probably the third most popular after ITCOTCK and Red. Is it really that impossible to enjoy it more because of it's increased focused in improvisation, unique Eastern European classical influences, and experimental song structure relative to other prog at the time. You can even make an argument that Larks Tongues pt.1 is the first post-rock song. Additionally Bill Bruford is one of my favorite drummers, and he killed it on this album.

The album art is very cool.

>unironic use of soy meme in
a post
It must feel nice to be able to mentally dismiss any idea that threatens your preconceived notions

>an album which is less influential can't be better

Attached: 1517600635149.jpg (635x665, 45K)

shit sounds fantastic live
youtu.be/eOdk015mLEo

>larks' tongues in aspic is 45 years old
Holy shit that makes me feel old.

It is not impossible, no. I agree that Larks is one of their top3 albums but you have to take into consideration the timeline of KC. ITCOTK was their debut album, a band that reached its peak from day no1. The only reason i hold this opinion myself is because of Lizard and Islands. These are the two albums that played the most major role into the making of Larks. And as long as i was always mesmerized by both of these albums i didn't find anything new in Larks except the western influences as you mentioned that Islands definitely lacked but besides that, Larks is a more polished version of these 2 albums combined.
Now if you wanted to go further back and listen Lizards immediatly after listening to ITCOTKC you would spot the connection of these art works. Larks is the kid and ITCOTK is its grandfather.

I didn't use it unironic, it was more of a tease, dont be so sensitive my dude soyboy or not i love you all Sup Forumstards, except the rapfags, i hate those guys.
Yes. I might be wrong in certain cases, of course, but not in this one.

I want this tattooed on my back

youtube.com/watch?v=JK9QUqUGmb4

DOOO BA-DE DAW DAW, BA DO DE DAAW, BA DA DA DAW, BA DO DOOOO

the only song in this that isn't perfect is exiles and even then it's pretty good. Larks tongues pt. 2 is unironically their best song

yeah i've been debating a larks tongues tattoo for a while

just get the t-shirt

Attached: King Crimson 1973 Larks' Tongues in Aspic front.jpg (1423x1425, 212K)

>the virgin prog vs the chad zeuhl

Attached: 3753.jpg (600x600, 114K)

>Bill Bruford is one of my favorite drummers, and he killed it on this album.
>tfw you have a Larks LP signed by Bill Bruford

Came here to post this very video, such a great performance. Top tier album

t. just listened to ITCOTCK the first time last week and thinks its the most insane thing he's ever heard

best KC
retard

thank god somebody gets it

I stole this cd from a record store on 1988. The owner chased me for 1/2 mile. Worth it.

Zeuhl is a subgenre of prog though. Isn't it?

It's almost as good as Islands

kind of? yes it's in the same general sphere of prog, but it's a lot more jazz-influenced and dwells in its own little fusion realm